Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Password/username

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2001, 01:12 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My computer has just stopped remembering my passsword and username ! It is ok while I stay on line but if I disconnect it forgets again - anybody tell me why and how to try and fix it - some (though not all) cookies dont work too !
Old 20 February 2001, 10:05 PM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

Try going into Control Panel and running Passwords. Set up a windows password and use it when you log on next time. Hopefully, your passwords will be remembered after this because you have 'signed on' to windows. I assume you're running windows 95/98 ?

I think you can then remove the password using the same method, but it'll keep using your user id when you load windows.
Old 20 February 2001, 10:22 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

TRIGGER,

if you mean the Scoobynet Username and Password, perhaps your Cookie has been corrupted. It happended to me when IE exploded a few times.

Click on Preferences at the top right of the (Scoobynet) page and check that the Store for One Year is Yes. Add a reply (which may or may not re-ask for Username and Passord) and that should fix it.

If not, re-do Preferences and click the Delete All Cookies option to remove the corrupt Cookie, then try again.

mb
Old 21 February 2001, 01:55 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice but I've tried that now and it still isnt working !!!!

Anything else you can suggest ?
Old 21 February 2001, 06:19 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

TRIGGER,

can you confirm which username/password you are talking about?

If it is one stored in Cookies (e.g. Scoobynet), have you (or your company) recently installed a Firewall, or have you changed your browser security settings. Oh, and what browser are you actually using?

mb
Old 22 February 2001, 08:28 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Yes it's the scoobynet cookie that seems to be the problem. I am using IE 5, and nothing has changed whatsoever on the system at work. We dont have a firewall.
Old 22 February 2001, 07:10 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

TRIGGER,

if you have taken the Scoobynet Prefs/Delete All Cookies option, and your IE Internet options don't block cookies (you haven't installed any patched recently?) then i am stumped. You could try the webmaster to see if something else is wrong with your account.

mb
Old 23 February 2001, 10:49 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Boomer - thanks yr help - just gonna have to live with it I recon. Our software guys had a look yesterday and have no idea !!