Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Petrol Allowance, and other Q's

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2001, 12:22 AM
Buzz Lightyear
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

45 pence per mile as per IR rates. It's not enough for sure when you work out the running costs!
Old 19 February 2001, 09:45 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Wink

Morning all.

Got some q's for you.

1: If you get a pence per mile rate for running your car from your company then what is that rate, eg; 30 pence per mile.

2: Do you get any additional payment with regards to wear and tear on the car, if so then how much?

3: what am I really worth (apart from **** all, which I know ) Here's what I am - Senior Support Engineer for Apple mac software developer. Duties involve front line telephone and on-site tech support, installtation and training of our software. I liase closely with development team. I can build PC's and install w98/ NT4/W2K server on them. Been at current job for six years, so have a LOT of applemac experience.

Not much to go on, but I'm just curious as to what one could ask for when the pay review comes in a few months. I want some base figures so I can say "industry figs for salary are X, Y and Z, so I want A"

Old 19 February 2001, 10:18 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Markus,

Take a look at this...
Old 19 February 2001, 10:27 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Markus,

The Inland revenue specify the maximum amount per mile that you can recieve from your employer without becoming a taxable benefit.

There is no minimum amount and it would be a contractural issue between employee and employer.

As far as wear and tear, no obligation on your employer to pay you, unless stipulated by contract of employment. You can, however, offset the proportion of maintenance and other running costs applicable to your business miles (to the extent they are not paid by your employer) against tax.

For example, you pay £1000 per year on running costs not paid by your employer. You do 10,000 miles, of which 2,500 are business, so you can allocate £250 of your running costs to business and set off the £250 against your annual tax liablility.

Not sure about depreciation, though.

Generally easy to do if you fill out a self assessment tax return, harder if you don't. You need all invoices, reciepts, etc.

Hope this helps

D
Old 19 February 2001, 10:42 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

For a Scoob (unless it's a 22B ) the rates are 45p per mile for the first 4000 miles and 25p per mile thereafter. The difference between what I've claimed and what it's cost in insurance, servicing, etc. after 30,000 business miles is about 120 quid in my favour (on about eight grand). This 120 quid is supposed to cover depreciation...

After 3 years and 90k miles I will have £360 to buy a new car with