Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hopper pass for disney

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2003, 02:25 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help,
Going to orlando next sunday but need to know the best place to get a hopper pass. Is it in this country or overthere? And how much should i be paying?
Ta all
Noz
Old 10 January 2003, 02:28 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

we always bought ours just so we had them (bin twice)

I think it works out the same or a little cheaper over there.

Least if you have them, you have then and no disappointment or being ripped off.

Si
Old 10 January 2003, 02:35 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

Definately cheaper over there. Be careful where you buy from (we avoided Malls etc), but you can get some good deals on passes including other places too.

But if you want to be safe, you can get them from Disney Stores
Old 10 January 2003, 02:43 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Keith Prowse are usually good and sometimes do good offers.

http://www.keithprowse.com

For any advice regarding Disney and other parts of Florida look here

www.disboards.com

Nathan..
Old 10 January 2003, 03:17 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I alwyas buy them from the tourist booths. They will have been used by someone else and have one or two days used. Works out a lot cheaper. But always the chance you could be ripped off.
Old 10 January 2003, 03:56 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Smile

You can get heavily discounted passes for the likes of Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens etc. in Orlando. A discounted Hopper Pass is not so easy to come by (unless you go to view a timeshare)

If you know anyone that works for BT, there is an employee offer in this months 'BT Today' for discounted Disney tickets through an agency. I think the discount is 10%, which is decent considering a 5 + 2 day hopper is around £200 each.

Paul
Old 10 January 2003, 04:55 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Cool

Agree with the comments (especially Nathan's link to the DIS - my wife is Disney mad and this is where she finds out and shares her knowledge).

I had a feeling that discounted Disney passes are like Rocking Horse ****!!

Disney stores do them, but there is little difference to buying them out there - except if saves you having to do it when you arrive.

Having said that if you intend to visit Disney on your first day, you'll be up at the crack of dawn so getting to a park 15 mins or so earlier to get the pass is neither here nor there.

In the past we have got ours through the Disney Club as they offer a discount to members, but I would say you won't have time to do this, as they come via the post.

Hope this helps, any more questions put 'em up and I'll ask my wife to answer them, as she loves talking about Disney.

Just out of interest, where are you staying?

Matt
Old 10 January 2003, 05:14 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Little difference in cost here or there, you may get a good exchange rate if you pay with your Visa card over there. All the reps (certainly Virgin) sell them, but as mentioned above to avoid the agro when you get there, but them before you go. If you plan to go to Universal and Busch/seaworld, get them over in the USA as there seems to be more flexibilty with mix and match.
Have a great time, (I went again October just gone) so if you want any more info let me know.
Old 10 January 2003, 05:36 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

We are staying at southern dunes golf resort in haines city, big golf trade show there.
Old 10 January 2003, 05:49 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Have a good time, we were there last November (again!!) - had a fantastic time
Old 10 January 2003, 05:53 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

The pound is pretty strong against the dollar at the moment so the idea of paying by credit card is good.
Old 10 January 2003, 07:50 PM
No1Rich
Scooby Regular

Talking

Best place to get tickets over there i found was McDonalds. The fancy one near international drive....
Old 10 January 2003, 07:51 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

That was hugggggggggge the McDonalds hence biggest in world lol

Si
Old 10 January 2003, 09:02 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wilf

If you could e-mail me details of the cruise as well please. We're off out in September

Paul
Old 10 January 2003, 09:12 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Ok just looked on paramount site, i am confused as i thought that the hopper pass covered most things, what does it cover and what attractions do i need to go to, i am taking the wife and my nearly 3 year old daughter.
Old 10 January 2003, 10:35 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The Hopper Pass covers all Disney parks, namely;

The Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

The 5day hopper pass is usually sold as a 5 plus 2 pass. This entitles you to visit the main parks (The Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Epcot), 5 days and 2 days at the water parks (Typhoon and Blizzard).
The benefit of a Hopper pass, as opposed to a 'pay at the door pass', is you can do more than one park per day...Animal Kingdom in the a.m. and MGM in the afternoon

Of all the parks, the only one I won't go back to is Epcot, the rest are all musts. Not saying Epcot (Experimental Prototype City Of Tomorrow) isn't good, it's just not my bag, and I can't see my 3yr old daughter enjoying it much either.
Old 10 January 2003, 10:36 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

If you like your rollercoasters big and fast, Busch Gardens is worth a day, you even get a free Bud

Seaworld is another good park for the young 'uns. Plenty opportunity to come face to face with the fishies There is also Orlandos biggest 'coaster at Seaworld, The Kracken

If you have a spare evening, Downtown Disney is definately worth a trip. You get an excellent meal at The Rainforest Cafe, plenty there to amuse the wee lass as well. If the Cirque du Soleil show is still on, that is a must as well, but you might struggle if you have your 3yr old!(advance booking required, usually about a week)

Have fun,

Paul
Old 10 January 2003, 10:57 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

I thought Busch Gardens was the best park back in 2000 but there are new ones now... Kumba and Montu gave me head aches. Kracken wasn't open then

The sports restaurant on internat drive near the toy store (you can't miss it) does wicked ribs.

Oh and you've just got to drive on Daytona beach.

F
Old 10 January 2003, 11:35 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Ok, so the 5+2 is in the space of a 20 day period, you can visit the parks for 5 days and 2 days for the water parks, so its a 7 day basicaly?
Old 11 January 2003, 12:31 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nozzer

Don't quote me on this but i think if you but a 7day pass, you get a 7 + 3. A five day pass gives you 5 + 2.
If you plan to go back soon, you're better off paying the little bit extra for the 7 + 3 as the ticket never expires. I still have 3 + 1 on our passes for our upcoming visit.

Oh and you've just got to drive on Daytona beach
They charged me $10 for the privilidge[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Not really worth it when you're in a dodgy yank rental car
Old 11 January 2003, 12:15 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Best thing to do is check out the Keith Prowse site for what the various tickets offer. Wed've had annual passes before which aren't an awful lot more than some of the hoppers, but give more freedom, and, if you are planning on a return trip within 12 months are well worth it.

I think that there are some hoppers which are bespoke for the UK, so worth checking into on the Disney site here - Disney Hopper page

Matt
Old 13 January 2003, 08:37 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Here's list of some of the regular Cruise meets (note not all are Orlando). Still need to remember to find at home the address of that shopping centre with the car meets and cruise info booth. I do remember its easy to find cos its got a ferris wheel at the entrance to it. Anyone else help?

Weekly Events
Every Friday Denny's Super Friday Nite Krusz'n - 6 - 10 PM
3957 Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL
Murry's Wings & Ribs, 6:30-10 PM
S.R. 436 near the intersection of 17-92. Classics & muscle cars.
Steak 'n Shake, 6-9:30 PM
S.R. 436 near the Aloma Ave. intersection. All makes, models, & clubs.
Every Saturday Cruise-in at the Villages, 5-9 PM
Lady Lake, FL ($1 Margaritas 5-7 PM)

Monthly Events
1st Sat. Steak 'n Shake, 6 - 10 PM
Seminole Towne Plaza, Sanford, FL
2nd Sat. Steak 'n Shake Bowtie Night, 6 - 10 PM
Altamonte Springs, FL
Cruise-in on Canal Street, 5-9 PM
New Smyrna Beach, FL
3rd Sat. Steak 'n Shake, 6-9 PM
Hwy 441 & Piedmont-Wekiva Rd, All makes & models.
Cruise-in at Denny's, 4-9 PM
Saxon Boulevard, Orange City, FL
Steak 'n Shake, 6-9p
Hwy 441 & Piedmont-Wekiva Rd., Apopka, FL
1st & 3rd Sunday Steak 'n Shake, 5-8pm
12163 S. Apopka-Vineland Rd., Lake Buena Vista, FL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 13 January 2003, 08:46 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Top tip

Have breakfast in the Beeline Expressway diner at the Peabody hotel on international expensive but fantastic esp their eggs benedict.
Old 13 January 2003, 10:20 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Wilf, isn't that shopping centre in Kissimmee - Old Town maybe? - not really sure.

Might be a bit tricky having breakfast at the diner in the Peabody, as I think they have shut it!

Somewhere else which is a good start to the day is the Buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Needless to say it is all you can eat, but it is much nicer than the usual Golden Corral et al. they will cook you an omelette fresh for you with ANYTHING you want in it. Also, the restaurant and hotel are really nice looking. Oh and you don't need to be a resort guest, just tell the security guard you're coming to eat and they'll let you in.

Not sure if a priority seating reservation would be required, but at this time of the year I am sure you'd get in just fine.
Old 13 January 2003, 10:24 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Beeline shut - oh no.

Mind you it is very tucked away in the depths of the hotel and difficult to find - maybe thats why it got no business!
Old 13 January 2003, 12:53 PM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scooby Doo Blue, I am also going out in September (I live local to you) just in the process of getting flights and Park Tickets(need to go Scheduled as I am going for an Odd number of days Can you give any advice on where to fly from, Park tickets etc. Havent been since 1988 so I feel a little out of date at whats going on now !!
Cheers
Big Daz

[Edited by Big Daz - 1/13/2003 12:55:47 PM]
Old 13 January 2003, 02:03 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wilf - good news!! Just checked with my wife, they were intending to close it, but changed their mind. Sorry to alarm you needlessly

Still recommend Boma though - Beeline do a mean lunch menu as well as breakfast. Another diner we ate in which we liked was at Celebration - ever been??
Old 13 January 2003, 02:23 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Also need to know some cheap clothing stores and if i take my camcorder, will the charger be the same there?
Cheers all
Old 13 January 2003, 04:20 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

Old town is the place with the ferris wheel, Off the 192 I think. Theres also a good tuning shop at the end of the parade with everything from Lexus style lights to stereo equipment. The cruise is pretty good but not at all like our cruises. The cars all park up then get to drive at walking pace been led by the local sherif. We are back there in a couple of months
Old 14 January 2003, 06:10 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nozzer, there are a number of cheap places - depends how cheap you want?! There is Belz at the top of I-drive, which IMHO is a bit nasty.
Also, there is the Premium Outlet Mall - Premium Outlets, whish is nicer and still has some good outlet shops.

Also, just opened (but not cheap) is the Mall at Millenia - Mall at Millenia which is really nice but "normal" prices - if you do venture here go to the Cheescake Factory for food - fantastic (and more than just cheesecakes).

As far as the camcorder charger, my digital camera charger worked fine, so I woul;d think you should be ok. I think it needs to work on a range of voltages not just one.

Quick Reply: Hopper pass for disney