Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Everquest

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2001, 01:29 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

There seems to be quite an interest in computer games on this forum. Bit of a long shot, but do any other poor misguided, easily addicted fools (other than me) play Everquest? If so, what servers and characters do you play?

Gary.
Old 23 January 2001, 04:23 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

That game is dangerous, stay away. I was well into it for a while, got to level 37 then I quit (mainly because of the poor support).

Game is MASSIVE, certainly larger than UOL and prettier too.

Cem
Old 23 January 2001, 04:45 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Smile

LOL, dangerous, too right. Unfortunately the advice to stay away has come too late for me - my girlfriend has declared herself an Everquest widow on several occasions

Pretty impressed that you got to L37. My main character is only level 35 (human necromancer on vallon zek server), and when I checked several months ago, I'd already "invested" about 500 hours *gulp*.
Old 23 January 2001, 08:02 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Damn, the hours get racked up huh!

Worse thing I hated was when fighting lizard men or cyclops' and giant skeletons, you would just be ready to kill them when:

"Your connection has been lost"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Another funny was when some funny guy would teleport me into a human city (I was a dark elf necro!)

I couldnt believe the prices things were going for in eBay too. I saw characters/accounts sell for stupid amounts like £2K, and things like SMR's for £200.00

I heard many people were actually making a living from eBay trading. Mad, I tell ya!

Cem
Old 23 January 2001, 08:32 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Smile

Unfortunately the /played command tells you how many real-life days, hours, minutes etc have been frittered away. I haven't checked it recently, for much the same reason I haven't stepped on any scales since Christmas

So you played a necro too, cool class huh, probably the most powerful up to level 50, when the game (apparently) starts to fall apart. Doubt I'll ever make it that far though.

Verant and Ebay have put a stop to items and accounts being sold on ebay very recently, over some issue regarding intellectual property. I've looked there several times, but never bought anything, but you're right - prices were crazy. I heard that there was one guy making $5000/month from it!!!!

Until I got ADSL, I used to connect via Barrysworld which was super-stable for hours on end (double-edged sword, since gf would see phone-bill and say "FFS, you were online for 11 hours that Sunday" ). Now unfortinately Barrysworld is folding, which is a bit of a loss for us gamers.

Anyone I must stop rambling, I need another EQ fix - you know what it's like

Regards,

Gary.

PS: If you liked EQ, look out for Shadowbane this year (?) and Horizons next...