Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

TV Interactivity - Pain or Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2002, 10:48 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so sick of all these programmes that want you to spend 25p on doing the producer/audience's job in deciding an outcome! It may seem to be democratic, but is it genuinely valid? Do you care for Javine enough to vote for her on Pop Rivals (phwooar!)?

Big Brother chip in a bit of the call cost to charity on the Celeb edition, but otherwise is it a pseudo democratic cash cow?

How many of you have ever voted on a TV programme?

Did anyone vote on the 'Greatest Briton' prog? I know it cost only 10p, but, in forming a TV programme (often made for profit) do you not think it should be at the same cost as a normal call, or even FREE to thank you for your effort?

So do you consider the idea a good and valid added democratic interactivity, or more of a fleecing 'free research' nuisance?

D
Old 29 November 2002, 12:13 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch them all , but only when I'm at work being paid for it! Wouldn't waste any of my personal time following them!

Have never ever contemplated phoning one of these hotlines nor do I know anyone who has admitted to phoning, so I'd be interested to find out what sort of people actually do (I'm guessing kids and bored housewives)!

I must admit to trying to get on Richard & Judy's competitions a few times - they are SOOOOO easy and they give away Łk's!

J