Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is anyone else getting p155ed off with cold callers

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 07:10 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Jes man, I've had a call every night this week from god knows who trying to sell me shyte I don't want [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I'm ex-directory aswell, so where they are getting my telephone number from cheeses me off big time [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

As if I don't have enough with people trying to get a foot in the door at work selling network services I get 2 calls per evening when I get home aswell [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I know these people calling are only doing a job, but my attitude is fast approaching sod the heck off [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Is anyone else suffering these nuisance calls?
Old 22 November 2002, 07:13 PM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

We get them at the front door all the bloody time. Just because you live in a nice house they think you want to chuck money at them.......Muppets [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 November 2002, 07:15 PM
ChrisB

For telephone cold calls, register with:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tpsr/html/default.asp

We've had just one call in years
Old 22 November 2002, 07:48 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Wink

When they phone,tell them your a bit busy,but if they give you their home phone number you'll call them back later.

They soon get the hint
Old 22 November 2002, 08:02 PM
bashful
Scooby Regular

A simple solution is to ask them to hang on for a moment... then just put the handset down. Leave them to enjoy the sound of silence.
Old 22 November 2002, 08:33 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Have a read of this thread from a couple of weeks ago. It was originally aimed at people the other side of the fence - those actually making the calls - but I did explain at great length how I personally deal with them.

Nobody posted a reply, for some reason

A.
Old 22 November 2002, 09:08 PM
doddsy
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

tell them u r pleased to speak to them as youve just got out of hospital since you heart attack.
my mate did and hasnt had a cold call for 2 years.
STRUCK OFF or what ????

Trending Topics

Old 22 November 2002, 09:33 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Talking

My brother recently had a cold caller asking if he's interested in their double glazing offer. Naturally he said no and slammed the phone down, then thought, actually, I do need double glazing, who should I call!!!! :-)
Old 22 November 2002, 10:39 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

I keep getting some guy calling to confirm my loan is approved, and did I want to continue. Its bull basically, in the off chance I need a loan. I told him initially no, then no again, then hold on a sec......line went dead eventually, then '**** off'. now my bird has had two, so she knows the drill.

I feel sorry for the poor bugger on the phone, but its like getting Jehovahs on your doorstep when your settling down to a nice meal. Just not on!!
Old 23 November 2002, 04:30 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

just say 'not interested' and hang up. It may seem rude but the caller should be grateful that they can move on to the next victim... I mean potential client
Old 23 November 2002, 10:15 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

I love cold callers.

As we are in the kitchen business, I usually politely turn down the offer immediately, but ask the spotty 19 year old if they are in the market for a new fitted kitchen.

They never last long.
Old 24 November 2002, 11:09 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

We get a few and it does annoy somewhat. My brothers way of dealing with it was to say;
"no I don't need a new conservatory, I've got one with the money from the bank job"

or

"Nah, I'm not interested, just got out after a 5 year stretch for GBH against a door to door salesman!"

For some reason the number of calls has dropped recently!
Old 24 November 2002, 11:25 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

for the first 3 yrs of my job i made my living out cold calling ppl and i got to say that the jokers among you must have quite a sense of self importance! when you are churning through hundreads of names do you think the caller cares if every now and then someone makes up some twaddle about heart attacks or calling them at home? they just make a wank3r sign to their mate sat oposite to indicate they are talking to a **** and move on to their next call
you are the telephonic equivalent to the boke who says "ohh, missed a bit" when you're cleaning your car. hmmm, well arent you the first to come up with that little one liner! NOT!
This is not meant as an attack on anyone just to point ut that, despite the opinion of many here....your are a miority, most ppl cold called are civil and polite and for every one who isnt there are two who are the opposite and will buy something/meet with you. Hence it is done, if it didnt work no one would pay ppl to do it!

so there!

T

ps- if you are X dir and DONT give out your tel no you wont get cold called, i am not on TPS but have NEVER had a cold call in my life......if you get called its cause you gave out your number.
Old 24 November 2002, 12:45 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

The one that is common place for me at the mo is that I filled out a questionaire 12-18mths ago and I have now been selected to win a prize. Never got far enough to find out what I've won, but I'm polite and just say "no thank-you"