Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Classic FM!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2002, 08:09 AM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

My car has the radio aerial in the back window which is crap.

Why is it that I can only get KISS FM when I get a few miles awy from my house but you can get Classic FM on the fecking moon!!

I know its a London station but I could always get it in my other cars, my point is this :

The radio band is alrge, so why put Classic right next to fecking KISS!!!! - ARRRGHHHH Driving along with Bam Bam and then the four seasons kicks in - for ***** sake!!!! Waht was wrong with 102fm you spastics!!!

Sorry but its driving me mad, DAB here I come. The biggest contrast in music on licensed radio and they are only a few Mhz apart!!!????
Old 15 November 2002, 08:42 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Count yourself lucky. My car stereo retunes itself to Magic FM or BBC R2 overnight!

Normally I leave it tuned to BBC Radio Berkshire, which is a station for pensioners but which has the most relevant traffic announcements - I always listen to CDs, with RDS traffic announcements turned on. Unfortunately the signal isn't that good, so when the radio turns itself on in the morning to record traffic reports, it immediately follows RDS links to other stations.

Nasty!

A.
Old 15 November 2002, 09:48 AM
TomM
Scooby Regular

I think we need this DAB thing!! - Iam off to my local stereo shop tomorrow to see how he can sort it!!

Its driving me mad!!!
Old 15 November 2002, 10:11 AM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

I can't stand "Kiss" FM, it is horrible having to hear it for the split second I pass it while tuning in to Classic FM. It can really spoil a lunchtime's reverie listening to Relaxing Classics.

It would be so much better if all those vulgar "popular" music stations had their own Medium Wave band all to themselves, so sparing us discerning,cultured listeners the horrors of their output.
Old 15 November 2002, 11:06 AM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I can just see a Scooby ripping down a country lane with Vivaldi blasting out!!

All Classic music should be banned to AM or LW
Old 15 November 2002, 11:55 AM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

There is no better driving music than say Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, or the final movement of Beethovens Ninth, if you are in attack mode; and if you wish to relax behind the wheel Chopin nocturnes or sonatas are ideal. A cure for road rage in fact - more people shoud try it.

That infernal "dance" music is dying: about time too. Leave it to wither just like the super-clubs that promoted it and conned gullible youths to part with £40 a night to see talentless people called "disc jockeys" play other peoples' records.
Old 15 November 2002, 12:12 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Whilst I agree that superclubs have had thier day I have to disagree about you calling DJs talentless, yes youve guessed it I am a DJ and have been for 10 years now and whilst I agree that there are some very talentless DJS out there I have to say that the top Jocks in every genre are VERY talented!!

As a DJ Ive seen many people try to mix records, and it isnt as easy as people think! Faking it on Channel4 last year was unfair as the compotition against the girl was **** poor!, and we never got to hear her actually mix more than one record. I DJd at the Matrix club in Reading with a DJ off a similar program and she was seriously not club standard! - 20 mins on TV is one thing - an hour in front of 500 pilled up smilers is quite another!

You really shouldnt slate something you obviously know little about, Djing requires skill, by you saying that its just "playing other peoples records" it tells me that you truely dont understand the dance music culture or the scene. Unfortuantly the scene is fronted by all these idiots that get on TV like Lasgo with all this crappy trance rubbish, but the US house scene in the UK is far from dying, its growing and rapidly its just kept out of the way of the press and charts etc etc

I agree that the comercial dance music scene and sound is aweful, but making judgement on it from the commercial front end would be like me making judgement on Classical music by the Ultimate Classical Chillout album ever - as Iam sure with classical it goes much deeper than that, what the eye cant see the brain cant understand??

[Edited by TomM - 11/15/2002 12:14:27 PM]
Old 15 November 2002, 12:17 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

DAB coverage is pretty poor in a lot of places, make sure you've got coverage
Old 15 November 2002, 01:01 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I like listening to good quality Classic music as well as Kiss FM. I know what I like and I like what I like.