Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stolen Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2002, 01:59 PM
Lewegie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next door neighbour just had his car broke into and the theiving scum nicked the front off his sony stereo but were unable to remove the stereo itself as it was securely fixed in place.
Is it worth trying to get hold of a new front panel considering the stereo is a couple of years old now and has been superseeded by new models or is it best just to buy a new stero complete?
Old 11 November 2002, 03:35 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

I think his insurance might pay out as his old stereo was damaged when they took the front off.......................
Mine did, years ago, they said it was malicious damage as the car wasn't nicked. After all it is hard to get those fronts off without damage..............isn't it?
Alcazar
Old 11 November 2002, 03:39 PM
Lewegie
Scooby Regular

It was one of those removable fronts to deter theives that my plonker of a neighbour failed to remove. I don't think that with the excess on his insurance that it would be worth claiming. Just wondered whether he could actually purchase a front panel easily.
Old 11 November 2002, 03:52 PM
Tommy 2000
Scooby Regular

..the problem is, for obvious reasons it looks dodgy as **** trying to buy just the front panel, so it's probably not an easy task...maybe the thieving scum that has his will be selling it down his local!
Old 11 November 2002, 11:50 PM
Ralf
Scooby Regular

It should be possible to buy the front at an official dealer if your neighbour can produce some proof he bought the kit in the first place, some papers that come with it surely?

I guess up to a certain summ all these stereos do not give or take much within a few updates. I still can identify my own underneath the latest variation in the shop. But I'm more practikal here. Sound must be OK but my car produces enough noises to drown the more expensive differences