Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Benefit Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2002, 08:30 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no go on paul start i'd love to see some bollox about this coz i know a couple that really struggle while there tosser of a ex-hubby or ex boyfriend runs off and does foxtrot uniform charlie kilo all.

Si

Sorry mods if you got any crap edited now

[Edited by Mr.Cookie - 11/6/2002 8:44:56 PM]
Old 11 July 2002, 05:50 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Must admit to not being particlarly fond of stories like this, I work hard to earn my wage and don't see why skivers like this should get handouts that I'm more or less paying for in tax.

There are girls out there who simply get pregnant so they can get a better house and more benefit, and these girls I despise with all the capacity I have.

However not all single mums do this, and I can tell you that SuzyQ is one of the exceptions, and I back up her comments 100 percent. It aint easy bringing up 2 kids. (Sorry about the personal information being posted, tell me to edit it and I shall) Suzy deserves all the benefit money she can get, if not more than she gets.

Cracking down on benefit fraud is something I feel very strongly about.

[Edited by Markus - 11/7/2002 5:52:39 PM]
Old 06 November 2002, 07:41 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Angry

On BBC2 just now. Some woman and her daughter were claiming 220 quid in disability allowance a week between them and both worked as cleaners for the same company. F*****s. Bugs the t**s off me.

Some other guy has been claiming since 1975!!!
Old 06 November 2002, 07:46 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Angry

They've probably been made to pay it back £2 a week or thereabouts![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 November 2002, 07:48 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Apparently it's costing the taxpayer 2 billion quid a year.
Old 06 November 2002, 08:05 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Angry

Almost as infuriating as the horrendous amount of benefit single mothers are entitled to! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
No wonder people don't get married these days, there's no incentive

Think it's best if I stop before I start

Paul
Old 06 November 2002, 08:36 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Angry

Unfortunately I did marry ..but now i am a single mother with the stigma attached by people like you ...you do so much to make the people like me feel good about life cheers!!

Trending Topics

Old 06 November 2002, 08:44 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

thats the whole problem with benefit fraud, it angers tax payers, and makes it worse for those that are genuinely entitled to it.

I think the thing that annoyed me were the 'community service' sentences and those that were caught had to pay back 'some' of the money. Fact of the matter if there is a short cut or easy way in any situation people will find a way to exploit it.
Old 06 November 2002, 08:59 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

yeah...like the community service the guy who ran the chip shop got...after costing the tax payer 140 grand in fraudulent benefit claims from his employees.

Wish i could steal £140,000 and just get some community service. I'd make it an annual event.
Old 06 November 2002, 09:25 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well i hope you don't think being a single parent is an easy option ..cos if you do you can have a week in my shoes and see how you get on!!!!
you know my work hours are 24/7 and I dont get extra time on holidays either!!!
Old 06 November 2002, 09:34 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

Like the guy next door to me, the ******, claims he can't work because of a bad back, yet can manage to build a shed the size of his house in his garden, and him and his missus work on the side, really pisses me off, when I had my accident, and tried to claim I could'nt because my wife works, he has just had a new drive laid at taxpayers expense, the ******.
rant mode off
Colin
Old 06 November 2002, 09:37 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Just as in any situation, there are genuine claims and there are people who will fleece whatever they can out of the system.

I have a friend who has 4 children, who are now 17, 15 and 12 (twins). She is just beginning to get freedom again, as the 17 year old can look after the others for brief periods. I've known her since the twins were 6 months old and her life has definitely not been easy, nor has making the money last. We worked out that she would have to get a job earning £20K straight away to accommodate the costs of the children going into after-care after school and to afford to clothe and feed tehm, as well as run a car - a necessity for her and where she lived.

So yes, there are people who genuinely need help - my friend's partner was a bit of a bar-steward, to say the least - he tried to get the twins' birth expedited so that he could go to a concert with his new girlfriend...

Also, there will be the annoying ones that quite happily take, take, take from the state and work as well.
Old 06 November 2002, 09:42 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

SuzyQ I'm sure no one would say that certain people more than deserve what the benefit system gives them. However the comment about what is on offer for single mothers is entirely correct. I have person experience of someone who has had a child (now 2YO). This woman has now abandoned her child into the care of her mother yet still receives all the allowances and spends the money on having a good time with absolutely no love for her child! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] It is a sad fact of life that certain elements of society "earn" a living by having kids and being provided for rather well.
Old 07 November 2002, 12:33 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

SuzyQ, I apologise if you took offence.
As people have said, there will always be genuine cases as there will always be leeches on society, for example:

1) 16-17yr old school girls that get pregnant so they can get a flat paid for them and more money than they'd get on the dole, to spend on Timberland boots and Burberry jackets [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

2) Couples living together, unmarried, claiming the father has deserted the family to get their benefits.

3) Mothers cutting their hours to 16 per week periodically to get a payslip that entitles them to extra benefit, then returning to full-time hours once said benefit is approved for a further 6months.

My wife and I waited until we felt we could afford to raise a child before starting a family. Perhaps marriage and responsibility are somewhat old-fashioned these days (I am 28 after all).

If anyone's looking for me, i'm the guy with the asbestos suit on.

Paul

Old 07 November 2002, 05:49 AM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Mice Elf, you mentioned above that your friend has had a hard life and has struggled with 4 kids. Surely she has no room to complain tho'? If so, then why did she have so many kids if she isn't in a financially stable position to raise them without the struggle?

The government is all out trying to find ways of raising tax more and more in every little way possible. whats the point if they are going to waste it? There will be tax on tax soon but people did vote labour.

Quite a few problems worse than benefit fraud. i.e letting asylum seekers into the country and giving them houses/benefits/jobs when they won't even help out youngsters living on the streets who were actually born here.

>16-17yr old school girls that get pregnant so they can get a >flat paid for them and more money than they'd get on the dole, >to spend on Timberland boots and Burberry jackets

Also known as gadgees...

[Edited by Hos - 11/7/2002 6:11:13 AM]
Old 07 November 2002, 01:21 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Hos - my friend had a partner until the 7th month of the last pregnancy. He then left to be with his new girlfriend, leaving my friend with no money and 4 children 5 and under (5, 2 and twins just born).

Fortunately, she could move into the flat above her parents' house, but I remember going round one day to find her trying to make the beds and simply sobbing with the futility of it all.

It has been hard on her - with 4 children to bring up and she has done a damned good job on them all, as well. They are lovely children and not the sort to "need" brand name clothing or the latest gadget.

I was simply saying that in her situation, she needed the state's help.

Old 07 November 2002, 07:33 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

There are girls out there who simply get pregnant so they can get a better house and more benefit, and these girls I despise with all the capacity I have.
I don't know how common this is but I saw it happening when I was younger...

Teenager pregnant because she wants her own place but can't afford it. Gets place. Decides place not large enough. Knows social services policy is two different sex siblings can't share a bedroom in one of 'their' houses/flats. Gets pregnant again - drat, test shows same sex as existing child - abort - repeat until new child is bigger-free-home-getting gender.

Lovely.
Old 07 November 2002, 08:32 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Markus cheers nice to know someone dont think i went out to be a single parent of two for fun....
Old 07 November 2002, 08:51 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

SuzyQ chill out, you have said Married, so that good enough for me, & your not 21 [sorry] with 4 diffent fathered kids, its these little scrubbers who have kids by diffenrent males just to get a house & stuff are the people who are screwing the state.

My Ex. wife is costing me ****e loads with my kids, but its me paying for their house & upkeep, no one else on this board [unless someone wants to help out ???? ]

I have grassed people to the DSS grass line before now, no one helps me out so why should I sit back & watch others take the p155 ?

Old 08 November 2002, 01:19 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

No problem Suzy, I know you did not have the girls to defaud the system. hmm, wonder if you can get state benefit for having a mad weimaraner? lol

Barge - cor you are brave. Telling Suzy to chill (even I would not try that one! sorry suzy ) and saying she's not 21, ooooh, I would not like to be near you when she reads your post! lol.

Oh, and for anyone out there, this is a joke, I'm not having a go at Barge or Suzy. Just want to make that clear before anyone has a go at me!
Old 08 November 2002, 01:44 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

I'm not condoning benefit fraud,i'd never do it myself,but there are some really crappy,incredibly low paid jobs out there.I know people who work long hours for minimum wage,have a house to pay for and kids to feed.
A mate of mine has 5 kids,only one his own,works long hours and earns around £12k.He gets around £200 ish per week family tax credit.

I dont begrudge him it one bit.
Why should i,i have no kids and earn a decent wage.Good luck to him...

Old 08 November 2002, 06:06 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Mondays Kilroy is about benefit fraud.

They must be coaching all the gadgies down from Dundee especially

Paul
Old 08 November 2002, 06:20 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Watch Kilroy or commit suicide.........damm close,i'll let you know..