Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Your advice is requred!

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2002, 03:54 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres my problem:

I went and looked at a fiat punto GT turbo back in july which was about 45 minutes away from my house. It was all done up and was the car I had been looking for. I knocked the bloke down by almost a grand which he wasnt happy about but was desperate for the money as he told me he'd put a deposit down on a BMW and needed the money to buy it. I gave him a deposit of £60 and got him to sign a receipt.

I phoned him 3 days later to ask when I could pick the car up, at this point he told me that he was having trouble with getting a loan and wasnt sure if he would be selling the car or not. He said he'd keep trying loan companys for another week and get back to me.

A week later and He tells me that he's not selling the car, I was disappointed but I'd had time to think about the deal and decided the car wasnt really worth the money so I said ok and he said he'd send me my money back. This is in August.

We're now in October and i havent got my money. I've tried ringing him but he never answers, instead he texts me back and tells me he hasnt done it yet but will do soon. I think he's hoping I give up and let him keep my money, but I wont. He wasted my time and money so why should i let him.

I'm getting very p***ed off with this now. What can I do to get my money back?? take him to court?

My mum reckons that he's sold the car for a better price but theres no way in finding out. If he has, is there anything I can do?
Old 21 October 2002, 04:16 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Sounds like the sort of thing the Citizen's Advice Bureau can advise best on. They'll let you know whether you actually did verbally agree to contract or not and, if you did, what recourse you have.

Of course, you should get your 60 quid back immediately. I think you can start something with the small claims court for a paltry sum, but speak to the CAB first, find out where you stand legally...
Old 21 October 2002, 04:44 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

just go round there.
Old 21 October 2002, 04:51 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Wink

...with astraboy.
Old 21 October 2002, 04:53 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

that's a possibility, yes. The phrase "zero bodycount" wasn't in the original post, so I guess Astraboy is a possibility...
Old 21 October 2002, 07:07 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah take him to court!
As said go through small claims court, I've done this, think it cost me £90, but you get your money back, he will be made to pay it as well as the money he has of yours.
The CCJ arriving on his doorstep will scare him into paying up!
Old 21 October 2002, 09:08 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

jus' checking in....