Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2002, 11:30 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

they're messing me around! It says in the terms and conditions "Should this premium be incorrect or should i not have made you aware of all particulars relevant to this risk, where applicable I will have the option to cancel my cover and receive a refund of all monies paid"

and also

"i understand that should i not be completely satisfied with the Policy terms and conditions i may within the first 7 days return all documentation where upon a full return of premium excluding £35.00 setup charge will be granted, Further i understand this clause is only available with ABI insurers...blah"

Well the particular insurer IS a member of the ABI!!!

Anyone got ideas on how to handle this - i am quite new to insurance - this is my second year of my own policy

Andy

[Edited by SiDHEaD - 10/7/2002 12:01:35 PM]
Old 05 October 2002, 07:36 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I didn't get a reply in "Insurance" but people seem to know consumer rights in here...

after getting quotes, it appeared staying with my current insurance for this year was cheapest. However the proposal they have sent thru is wrong and has missed off a fault accident from 2.5 yrs ago.

Obviously this will make a difference to the actual price which means i would rather go somewhere else. I havent signed anything, and all i have is a temporary cover note. The "policy" has been valid since last nite midnite - can i cancel it - or am i gonna get charged even more?

Surely as I havent signed the proposal form and sent it back i'm not binded to it? Also is there a "cooling off period"??

Andy
Old 05 October 2002, 07:54 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

if you havent signed it you should be fine.

If you HAD signed it, knowing it was missing some stuff they could well have fecked you over!

Get in touch, talk to them. It might be that after 2 years of your business without a claim they removed it cos they dont care any more, but check it out a.s.a.p
Old 06 October 2002, 03:43 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I'll phone again on monday and ask to spk to manager!.
Old 07 October 2002, 12:19 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

80 views... someone must have an opinion??
Old 07 October 2002, 04:58 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

How are they messing you around?

Have you paid anything?

Ring them say it seems that a claim is missing..
they requote you say sorry I have a cheaper quote than that elsewhere..

Ring other company.. job done.. do make sure the other quote is still valid though..

They might try and charge you but like you quote 35pound is what they should charge you if anything so wave it under there nose, if they try and quote more..

JGM
Old 07 October 2002, 07:17 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

i've tried that. the messign about part is they say i will be charged 400squid to cancel - even tho a) i havent signed anything and b) it says you can cancel if you dont like proposal and c) you can cancel within 7days regardless.

"I will be charged 30% of the premium".

I've been on and off the phone to them as they will not return my calls. Straight on the phone to the renewals manager in the morning i think. Off to see solicitor neighbour in a bit too.

grrrrrrrrr

Andy
Old 08 October 2002, 09:10 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

They cannot do that...

If as you say it says in black and white that you can cancel within 7days etc... they could have made the small print anything and stuck with it but not one thing and do another..

Watch it doesn't go over the 7days with them messing about and you having only said "what would happen if I cancelled" write to them cancelling it and outlining there black and white small print and include a cheque for the 35pound.. you then have shown willing and stuck to there small print and they have no legs to stand on IMHO.. you have paid nothing so you do not need to wait for money back.. only thing to watch is that they cannot black list your credit if you do not pay as this is difficult to get reversed even if overturned in court..

Goodluck.

JGM
Old 08 October 2002, 09:13 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

cheers for reply.

I've sent a letter out by recorded delivery informing them i wish to cancel and that i phoned up and expressed this wish originally on Saturday.

If i don't hear from them my (free ) solicitor will be writing a letter

Andy
Old 08 October 2002, 09:15 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sound like you are well within your rights..

perhaps they spent the money on a bender already.. and are therefore looking at a 400pound table bill

JGM
Old 08 October 2002, 03:08 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

All sorted (i hope)! They finally caved in an realised i was in the right. The best part is when i re-phoned Tesco to activate the quote they gave it me £150 cheaper as they had calculated it as my named driver being under 20 - quite how my own mother could be younger than myself i dont know. Which was a definate bonus!!!

I just hope they don't fanny about with sending my no claims proof to me for me to send to Tesco!!!

Andy