Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Labour - How much more cr@p do we have to put up with?

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 12:55 AM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just shoot the Labour voters? They're the ones who got us into this mess, not the non-voters!

[Edited by Kevin Greeley - 10/1/2002 12:56:31 AM]
Old 28 September 2002, 02:27 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

WE have had this farce with the exam results this week, now no faith left in the exam/marking system.

The vetting of would be carers and educators of our children was not completed before school term start and the only reason we know about it is because of the Soham tragedy.

That tw@t Blunkett was saved by having his job moved to another dept

Education, Education, Education was the call of Phoney Tony - well there are three he dropped the ball on.

In the car earlier listening to the radio - Hampshire Police told shop staff that they where unable to attend the robbery at their store and to hold one of the offenders in front of their CCTV camera so they could look into it later - guess what he has not been found.

On top of all the other cr@p we have to put up with because they do not give a ****e about us. Just about sums up the support that the Police have had from government. In Northampton I will not see a cop on the beat in town from one day to the next - I will however see at least 3-4 traffic wardens each and every day - why is that - because traffic wardens generate money for local government. - AR$E!

They seem to live on a different planet

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 9/28/2002 2:33:45 PM]
Old 28 September 2002, 02:30 PM
antboy
Scooby Regular

ive been on about starting an anarchists revolution for years intrested?
Old 28 September 2002, 02:53 PM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

The alternatives are no better
Old 28 September 2002, 03:19 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I'm no Lib Dem but maybe it is time for a change ?

If the Tories get back in next it will just continue !

Having said that I'm seriously thinking about ******* off somewhere else (Australia sounds good )
Old 28 September 2002, 03:44 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Angry

Vive la Revolution

Fecking crap government we have they are all a bunch of two faced cowards that only know how to look after the well to do people not us poor minions that probably bring more money into their bloody coffers than the Millionaires and so on[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

I say lets have another rally for our rights and try to force the likes of the Police to do what they are paid for – to catch the *******s that are causing this country to go the way it is, but no they can't do that because it costs too much money to catch the scum but it doesn't cost that much to put a camera on the side of the road and take a Bobbie off the beat to run it and for that ***** in parliament like to **** everything up like tax this tax that and the like, I catch some little feckwit from damaging or stealing our property etc, the little to$$er has more rights than I have, it's all Fecking wrong, it's about time we stood up for ourselves we should have more rights to protect our property from scum if they choose to do something that is wrong they should lose the right to be above the law, like if you give him/her a good pasting they then go to the police and say you assaulted them and demand compensation b$$$ocks they shouldn't have been there in the first place - they chose to do what they did we, did not ask them to do it.

I have some video footage of some feckwit just after he breaks in to my company vehicle and steels our power tools, he even looks at the covert camera 6 times and I’m not talking normal Crime watch CCTV footage, this is the real McCoy of CCTV cameras super high res TV quality, the copper that come round to see the footage even smirked as if to say he knows him but said as they cant see him breaking into the car they have not got a good case to start with - never mind the fact that the locks have been done on the car and it has cost well over a grand to put right plus the loss of the tools, but no 6 months later I get a letter saying they have made a decision not to carry on with this matter, Ba$$$rds I pay all that money in council tax to fund their tea breaks and pay for things to get at the motorist.

As for the courts they stink, ahh poor little Johnny has had a bad up bringing and don't do that again and have a slapped wrist for the 100th time b$$$ocks - all the powers to be at the top are all feckwits not an ounce of common sense when it comes down to the law, probably to do with all the pain they had from last night’s S&M party.

The first big pole tax rally jobbies that made them sit up and listen why can’t we have another one for our rights.

RANT MODE OFF NOW [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Huxley

Big Ps. And I do not want to here from the politically correct to$$ers that stand up for them, bog off and get a life or wait until it happens to you!!!
Old 28 September 2002, 04:40 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Must admit,dont have much faith in politicians myself.I just wish for once they'd treat us like intelligent human beings.
Maybe thats the reason i havent voted in any election since 1992.

One point though Paul,why do you want more bobbies on the beat.Never understood it myself.If i was gonna break into a house or nick a car,and i saw a copper walking down the street,i'd just wait till he'd gone.
Bobby on the beat.........IMO pointless.

....and John Major,.....who'd have thought it eh.I thought Mary Archers comment this morning was funny.
"I'm hardly surprised about Edwina Curries lack of indescretion,its John Majors lack of judgement that surprises me........meow...

btw Huxley.....nice to see your pc's in working order mate
Old 28 September 2002, 04:52 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Helo Paul how u been keeping ? we will be up and running together in a few days so HC & Hux at full steam again

More Bobbies hopfully means less of a chance for the scum to work as at the moment they don't have to keep looking over their sholders, if they don't they nearly allways get away with it the *******.

Huxley
Old 28 September 2002, 05:08 PM
antboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

its a shame,but nobodys willing to get off there bloated @rse and do anything about it,we sit back and get shafted every time.a quote from CRASS;if you dont like the rules theymake,refuse to play their game.if you dont want to be a number,dont give in your name.if you dont want to be caught out,refuse to hear their questions.silence is a virtue,use it for your own protection.theyll try to make you play their game,refuse to show your face.if you dont want to be beaten down,refuse to join thier race.be exactly who you want to be,do what you want to do,im he and she is she,but your the only you.
Old 28 September 2002, 05:14 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

I'm fine thanks Huxley......and hows HC?....

Btw,where i live the local police have been enforcing "Operation Troop",a four month attack on drug dealers.Yesterday they made their 100th arrest and with the co-operation of the courts,have now jailed local drug dealers for a total of 83 years.(Apparently the courts amde it clear that you catch them,and we'll convict them)
Basically every other day there is a dawn raid at someones house,and all the photo's of those convicted are published in the local paper.Apparently there has been a 23% reduction in crime in our area.

IMO this is a step in the right direction.To me the "bobby on the beat" idea is a nostalgic throwback to the "good old days"......as i said,a waste of time.

Old 28 September 2002, 05:22 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

... i was reading in yesterday's paper about British Energy (who, IMHO would call British dodgey nuclear power stations that do not work properly and fuel processing that is so fiddled that plutonium is send all the way to Japan only to be rejected due to forged safety records and thus send back at MASSIVE cost) [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

They (BE) are in dire straights, so in order to stop all their power staions from going critical, the government (thanks Mr Bliar & Co. ) gives them a GBP410MILLION loan (or rather loan guarantee, but much the same thing) to be paid off by this week. They (Bliar & Co.) even said that they will not provide a blank cheque to save BE (as if half a billion is not close enough to a blank cheque in the first place!)

So now it seems that they are going to extent the loan to SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION POUNDS which will last for another two months!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

This is OUR money that they are "playing with"!!! And it is approaching the cost of the Millenium Dome or the proposed new Wembley double-

They (Bliar & Co.) may have been legitimately voted into power, but they are overstepping the mark by a long way!!! Is it possible to have a party forced out mid term???

mb
Old 28 September 2002, 05:29 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

They (BE) are in dire straights,
.....nowt wrong with dire Straits....
Old 28 September 2002, 07:26 PM
cookiemonster
Scooby Regular

boomer - whats your suggestion wrt to british energy ?

power is cheaper than its ever been due to degulation, and nuclear cant compete. If we're happy giving farmers £3billion a year (not a type...) a mere £650m seems fair to keep nuclear power stations together.

IMO - the big problem at the moment is not so much the government its the fact that there's no coherant opposition. I blame the tories Actually i really hope that the lib dems get it together.

Old 28 September 2002, 07:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

As regards vetting carers/teachers etc, didn't they ought to vet the coppers as well, since they just arrested the fourth one this week on paedophile **** charges?
One of the saddest things, to me, in this country at the mo, is the way that "guilty until proven innocent" has taken over for the man in the street.
And we can't always blame the courts. My bro. in law is a magistrate, and he says that he can't lock up anyone under the age of 18, without some social worker saying that it's in the "child's best interest". **** me!!
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Alcazar
Old 28 September 2002, 08:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well heres what I think - I'm sure you all want to know!

1. Labour are a damned sight better than the last shower we had in

2. The Tories will NOT get in for about 12 years, neither will some namby pamby Lib-Dem

3. If you dont bother voting then you should keep your gob shut - you should 'spoil' your paper if you want - but to NOT vote is a lazy mans cop-out and non-voters should be shot.....IMHO of course

4. If you think you can do better, stand for election, if not, STOP B00DLY BLEETING!!!

5. Long live my mate Tony and the Great Labour party - Brilliant job you are doing!!

Pete
Old 28 September 2002, 10:52 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Red face

LOL @ PSLewis
I assume it WAS a joke Pete?
Alcazar
Old 29 September 2002, 10:06 AM
ariel
Scooby Regular

normal stuff from Pete to try and wind us up.
Old 29 September 2002, 10:46 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

When is the next election by the way?

(Not soon enough i hear you cry!)
Old 29 September 2002, 01:34 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Agreed labour could be doing a better job running the country, but who would you rather see running the country? there simply is no credible alternative at all. I for one am quite happy with the labour government, interest rates are very stable and at their lowest level for decades, there is sustained lower unemployment levels etc etc. Governments cannot wholly be blamed for everything. Unless you want to have your wages taxed to a high percentage, governments will always have problems dealing with varied issues to a high satisfaction.

It amazes me when people DEMAND that their chosen issue be dealt with by a government, and expect high sums of money be spent doing so. Where does the money come from? It comes from the same protestor who would be complaining even more if his house was repossessed because the governemt taxed him out of it! If people are genuinely not happy then they should get involved in politics and possibly run or support for an issue or person they believe in. Not sit around reading editorials of downmarket tabloids.

The voting public are a very diverse bunch, you spend loads of money on schools and youll have pensioners complaining etc etc.

I can think of far worse places i could live and could only dream of an administration half as bad as a Blair one. Its no accident that Blair enjoys high satisfaction levels as pm, esp considering hes been incumbent for over 5 years now.

Unfortunatly a lot of people remain largely ignorant of politics. Its a much an interesting subject to me now as to when i studied it at college. And no im not a member of the labour party!

Old 29 September 2002, 03:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Question

Maybe the best idea would be a coalition, and we could get the politics out of running the country.
Doesn't seem to work too well in Italy though?
Old 30 September 2002, 01:40 PM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chop the heads off everyone in government and put the Queen back in charge.
Old 30 September 2002, 01:42 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

3. If you dont bother voting then you should keep your gob shut - you should 'spoil' your paper if you want - but to NOT vote is a lazy mans cop-out and non-voters should be shot.....IMHO of course

Couldn't agree more....