Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

London Stansted-Newquay

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2002, 10:55 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I am coming to over England on Friday to buy a car, flying into Stansted. What is the easiest/cheapest way to get to Newquay??? I see Ryanair do flights, but at short notice, they are bloody expensive. Can you get cheap hire cars at the airport, for just one day? Any cheap buses/trains?? ( 2 people travelling )
Any ideas are welcomed. Flying to Newquay would be easiest, but I think a hire car is most practical, especially if I can leave it at another depot, to save driving back to London afterwards.
Old 10 September 2002, 11:07 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey stevie, I live about 3 miles from stanstead!

erm, My sister/brother in law have flown the other way, no problem, but the ticket price is mental depending on time, dates, as you say.

Dunno about car hire, I know it's there, but have never used it for obvious reasons.

You're welcome to stay a night here at stanstead if it the dates can make the flights cheaper.

Drive is 365 miles to St Ives, so work back from there, should be quietish, but I leave at 3am to avoid traffic, and last time it took me about 4hours 20 minutes not including stops.

Paul
Old 10 September 2002, 11:12 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just thought I would add, the trains most likely a pain in the butt.

Stansted express to Liverpool st station, then tube to most likely waterloo. Pick up a train to somewhere like Bristol, probably via reading. THen change and go to Truro which is the main town in cornwall.

Probably cost a fortune too, if you pay the full fair. Might be cheaper to buy in sections, used to be, rather than one big ticket.

Paul

Old 10 September 2002, 11:28 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

My flight arrives at 0815 on Fri morning ( If I'm awake ) I am hoping to look at a few cars, but the one in ( Cambourne actually I think ) Newquay, if its as good as they say, will do for transport once I buy it. Ryanair offer flights for £20, but need to book a couple of weeks in advance, otherwise it seems to be about £80 pp. With 2 people travelling, it just aint worth it.
No need to stay, ( Thanks for the offer ) as hopefully I will buy the car, and head up for the boat, possibly looking at another couple on the way home.
Suppose I should look at a map too..lol
PS it aint a subaru Im buying. Im just looking for a clean Mk2 Granada to re-shell my rusty old banger into, as Im fed up welding it. Looking at a few 90-94 Scorpio's on the way home as a cheap runabout, as I just cant drive the subaru sensibly, which fu*king my gearbox on Sunday night just proves. Dumped the clutch@6000 for a G-tech 1/4 mile run. The car stood still...
Old 11 September 2002, 01:35 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

ouch..