Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Legal help

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2002, 01:34 PM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We purchased a powers supply for a laptop from a company, i asked them for one that would work with the laptop, i gave model number they gave me a part number. i ordered it.

its good so far

It arrived on the 29/7/02 but the user and his laptop were on 2 weeks holiday at the time so I couldn't test the psu to see if it worked so it was still sealed in its box. The user comes back on the 12/08/02 we try it but its the wrong one so i call supplier back on the 13/08/02 and ask for one that will work they give me new part number and i ask for an RMA to be issued he says yes no worries. 2 weeks later no RMA and i still had the product i dont want sitting on my desk so i try to get the RMA myself using their online system but it refused as it was out of their 14 day returns policy. so i phone up to try person to person again they are refusing to take it back due to their terms and conditions saying all wrong products have to be notified within 14 days, this was physically impossible due to the 2 devices not been in the same country. As i see it they supplied the wrong device and the device they supplied was not fit for the use it was intended for.

where do i stand??

any help very very welcome

mike