Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Aren't the Police loverly!

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2002, 01:38 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Well, after receiving a NIP in the post to alert me to a potential danger spot on my daily commuting route, I thought how helpful they were to go to the trouble of warning people about this. Just think that they had to get up early in the morning and set up a special system to monitor everyones' speed, then not to inconvenience the drivers by stopping them, which may make them late for work, they write a letter and post it to you - great guys indeed!

I really hadn't considered that open stretch of road as dangerous before, come to think of it there are no houses, bends or junctions and you could easily drift up to 70mph at the bottom of that steep hill, which is a massive 10mph over the limit. They were even considerate enough to not distract drivers by being in an obvious position.

They have thoughtfully sent me a set of pictures as a reminder so I sent them a letter back to explain my error. They replied with another caring jesture, detailing the possible problems that I may face if I take the matter any further - how kind.

But it gets better, I got another form asking me for some money (an administration fee I think) so that they can mark my license with a reminder, which will stay with me where-ever I go. They even let me pay the admin fee by credit card, how helpful is that! So now if I pay with my Tesco card I can earn points getting points- hurrah!

F

Old 21 August 2002, 01:41 PM
Little Miss WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

LOL
Old 21 August 2002, 01:41 PM
fivepint
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

LOL nice one, take it on the chin like a man!
Old 22 August 2002, 01:05 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

I've just received anther letter from them saying that they've found out I'm an upstanding citizen and to forget the fine. It probably helps that I'm in the process of becoming a magistrate as well.

That's nice then, hurrah.

F