Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rip Off Loans cont . . . . . Good News

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2002, 03:52 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well, following on from my recent thread ranting about how I had been misinformed over the purchase of a loan through a certain roadside recovery company and consequently charged a large sum of cash over the top for paying off early, I have good news.

I had resigned myself to coughing up the extra sum of money required to pay off the loan early after speaking to about 5 members of their staff over the phone and getting nowhere fast.
I then phoned Trading Standards who were extremely helpful in calculating the correct figures for me. Unfortunately their figures were worse then the ones I was quoted

I wrote a letter of complaint to the company stating my dissatisfaction in the way they had sold me the loan when they knew I wanted to pay off early and expected to hear no more about it, except from maybe a snotty letter saying that it was hard cheese. But then . . . .

Saturday morning came around, so did the Postman and so did a letter from said company saying that they apolgised for their poor service and as a gesture of goodwill they knocked off over £800 from my settlement figure

Well pleased It pays to complain, don't take any rubbish from these people. I was surprisingly calm (for me) over the whole situation and got the result I wanted
Old 19 August 2002, 03:55 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

So good I posted it twice Ooops

Please delete.