Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone been to Alicante/Santa Pola?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2002, 09:21 AM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Continuing the spate of "anyone been to...." threads, has anyone been to the above?
My bro has bought a villa in Santa Pola and me and Mrs PeteT are off there in Sept. Apart from the recent Eta bombing I don't know anything about it.
Any info gratefully received.
Old 14 August 2002, 09:54 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Been past it loads of times, on my way to Torrevieja.

Its about 10-15 minutes from the airport, looks a fair sized place. You can see a couple of nightclubs from the main coast road and there is a small theme park type thing, also next to the main road. Probably good beaches as this coast has really nice sand.

Weather is damn hot at the moment. Hope your bro has aircon
Old 14 August 2002, 12:18 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

my folks live near there and have driven through it loads of times.

nice beaches and you can see the fair from the main road. Benidorm is only 45 mins away if you fancy a day out (great for a day, wouldn't want to stay there).
Old 14 August 2002, 12:52 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Yes,
came back from my aunties apartment in June.
Its only 2mins away from Santa Pola(in car) situated in Gran Alacant(one of those new developments).
Lovely area with a great beach.

Duncan
Old 14 August 2002, 03:02 PM
sjah555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Been to Alicante loads a times on way down to Guardamar del Segura.

Great place - bars/clubs up by the Marina are pretty nice for a night-out plus most of the locals are welcoming and very friendly

Beaches have always been clean (nice one is just north of Alicante .... head north from Alicante centre on N332 and it's the first beach you come across - San Juan something or other) but a little crowded esp in peak seasons on the many times I have been and market stalls on the Explanada are good for watches, belts, caps, bags etc ... all genuine fakes . For genuine stuff try in town about 15 minutes walk up from the beach. Zara, Mango and the rest, they're all there AFAIR

Enjoy.
-Sal.

Old 14 August 2002, 10:37 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks everyone, I'm really looking forward to it now
Old 15 October 2006, 12:01 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

SORRY
here comes a thread from the dead
ive just bought a villa in guardamar!!!
flying out in nov to do the paperwork
cant wait
has anyone else been to guardamar del segura?
Old 15 October 2006, 12:16 PM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EXSCOOBY
SORRY
here comes a thread from the dead
ive just bought a villa in guardamar!!!
flying out in nov to do the paperwork
cant wait
has anyone else been to guardamar del segura?
Work takes me there quite often - lovely beaches

The main problem with the place is the coast road (N332) that runs past it gets stuipidly busy in the summer, you are often better off shooting inland a little towards Rojales and getting on the AP-7 to go north / south.

It's generally just known as Guardamar, the "del segura" bit is not often used unless there is confusion with another Guardamar (many Spanish towns have three or four others of the same name, the latter bit is only used to differentiate between them).

You obviously have Alicante airport (El Altet) a few k's north, but Murcia (actually no where near Murcia ) San Javier is up and coming as well, and often cheaper than the equivilent flight into Alicante. Wrong side of Torrevieja though, once again in the summer you'll be wanting to get on the AP-7 to avoid the N332!

Any other questions be happy to help
Old 15 October 2006, 04:17 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

well the villa is right next to a driving range and almost next to one of the (three i think) golf courses
it seems financially sound and im looking forward to seeing it in the flesh
what do you think the rental possibilities will be
ill do a scoobynet discount obviously!!!!!
i will put a third bedroom on it and a jacuzzi on the sun terrace before may, june
Old 15 October 2006, 05:12 PM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EXSCOOBY
well the villa is right next to a driving range and almost next to one of the (three i think) golf courses
it seems financially sound and im looking forward to seeing it in the flesh
what do you think the rental possibilities will be
ill do a scoobynet discount obviously!!!!!
i will put a third bedroom on it and a jacuzzi on the sun terrace before may, june

Not sure about the Golf up there, didn't know there was three courses around Guardamar

Rental should be good there - however a villa will do much better on the rental market if you have a pool. A jacuzzi is a nice extra, but if you have the room a pool is essential for a good rental income. Even if the beach is only a few hundred metres away, people still want a pool.

There are so many bloody cowboys out here, be carefull with who you use for any building work. Work means I deal with many (reputable!!!!!) companies in that area that do spas / jacuzzis / pools / building work etc. Post / PM me if you want some details of them.

I pass that area every two / three weeks if you want anything checked out on the place. Like if the buggers are actually working on it (assuming a new build?).

Do you have a good lawyer sorted for your completion? Are you going to the Notary yourself, or you have you given the lawyer power of attorney? There is so much that can can happen whilst your deeds are being notarised that it really is better if you can be present with your lawyer, despite the travel hastle. Is the value of your properties deeds (the Escritura) true to the value of the villa? They are really cracking down here on the black money invloved in the property market.

There are many horror stories with Spanish property, but do it properly, with a good independant lawer (Abogado), and you'll be fine. It's a top country
Old 15 October 2006, 05:20 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

alicante is top on a saturday night, all spanish and beauty atmosphere. check out el campello and san juan beaches also top
Old 15 October 2006, 09:00 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

WELL
its a complicated tale
but rest assured all will be revealed
this will be an on going thread
thanks for the input