Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

WTF IS This World Coming to?

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2002, 10:25 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Went to get my hair cut last night, coming home up roundhay road, leeds towards oakwood clock... Theres a police car parked in the middle of the road outside my local pub (next to Tesco and Homebase) and another one on the pavement... and a couple of coppers..

Thought no more off it.. must have been chasing someone through the woods or something...

This morning someone at work says that they have found remains of an infant / small child..

Theres some fooking sick *******s about... I know I dont know the details, but whats to know?

David
Old 08 August 2002, 10:27 AM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I think it's what the world has already came to[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Fookin outrageous![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08 August 2002, 10:29 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Agreed. The *only* drawback of being a parent is how sensitive you become to stuff like this. I can feel physically ill reading the papers in the morning when stories of abuse/murder of children are published.
C
Old 08 August 2002, 10:32 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Why? How can someone do something to an infant(if thats correct) i dont know?

I look and hold my kids, 18 months and 2 months old, and think how could anyone hurt you!

Something like that, and those 2 little girls going missing, sends shivers down my back, because i think of my sons and what state i would be in if it happened to them.

B****DS they want fookin shooting.
Old 08 August 2002, 10:34 AM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

David....you obviously didn`t know....it`s on the news this morning

http://www.itv.com/news/Britain1533986.html

Joan.
Old 08 August 2002, 10:38 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Whoever has done wants the same doing to them.!
Old 08 August 2002, 10:41 AM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

Red face

Deviating slightly but You pay 300-400 quid for a tracker for your precious Scooby, Why the **** has nobody invented a micro tracker type transmitter built into a kids bracelet or even injected. As a parent myself I would pay good money for something like this. The case of missing 10 year olds recently is a good example of how a system would prove to be life saving. Incidentally the papers said that one of the girls had a mobile phone switched on until 01:30 am why the **** could the phone not be pin-pointed from the triangulation of the signal????????

Trending Topics

Old 08 August 2002, 10:45 AM
Krade
Scooby Regular

This tracker idea was bannded around a while ago I think. Its a great idea but no doubt the politically correct dogooders will claim its an invasion of human rights or summit.
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

Jesus.

I noticed today that the tabloids have started a self-congratlatory bidding war over who can offer up the biggest reward for information about the two lost girls in Cambs. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Wouldn't it be nice if they could do something sincere - like work together to help the police and parents, rather than use it as a cheap excuse to make themselves look good in an attempt to increase circulation. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Agree with all the above, especially as I have a 2 year old boy, and it chan ged me just like it did Chuckster...

BUT before we hang anyone, it MAY be that the baby died of natural causes and the parent(s) went barmy with panic - you never know.

It does say in the article that they havent established the cause of death...but it is still sickening to read
Old 08 August 2002, 10:47 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sick!!

Russ - good idea on the tracker. The reason the phone couldn't be triangulated was that the cells didnt overlap in that area so they couldnt get a distinct reading on the location.
Old 08 August 2002, 10:51 AM
ice man
Scooby Regular

I have to agree, I have an 18 month old little boy and it worries me how someone can do this to children. I know they say you shouldn't wrap your kids up in cotten wool but the way things are going who would want to let their kids play out on the streets or the local park or even let them walk home from school on their own.

Old 08 August 2002, 10:52 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Heard this this morning. There could be a million and one causes though...

Also hope the little girls turn up well - can't beleive it's been 4 days already.

Tracker is a great idea - have to have it removed before your later teenage years though!

Old 08 August 2002, 10:56 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

agree with russ, dont they do some sort of chip for dogs, albeit they have to be foubd first. surely it can be taken a stage further to actually locate. If they can recover my scoob in no time thanks to a system like this, then i would galdly pay for my boys to have one on them, if it were available. Not to wrap them in cotten wool but just to know if something did happen i could find them pretty much straight away.
Old 08 August 2002, 10:57 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

oh and buzz, agree with your idea, but this still says something sinister at the back of it or parents mentally disturbed, in which case should not have been allowed near the kid in the 1st place.
Old 08 August 2002, 10:58 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Angry

there cant be any reason when its in a bag.

Front page of the star today £1m Reward for 2x 10yr olds..

David

[Edited by David_Wallis - 8/8/2002 11:29:15 AM]
Old 08 August 2002, 11:02 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I remember back in the early 70's growing up in Manchester when we used to leave our front door open and we just used to walk into each others houses and also play in the streets without a care in the world. You wouldn't let a 5 year old out now would you.

Steve
Old 08 August 2002, 11:13 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

David

Probably best not to show a map of where you live on a public bbs!

Sal
Old 08 August 2002, 11:16 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

who cares anymore..?

I think theres more important things to worry about now, besides my cv has my address and phone no. on.. (but I will remove it eventually..)

David
Old 08 August 2002, 12:18 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Tis a sad, mad, bad world we now inhabit.

I'm not exactly ancient (28) but I recall being able to freely roam around the woods and surrounding area round my home when younger, with no worries about pervs trying to attack or kidnapp me. I still feel pretty safe walking around, but as for letting kids run around the way I used to , no ******* chance!

We always had a little worry about the girls when they were playing outside the house, as you never know what kind of sick and twisted bastids there are out there.

Thing is, the times have changed, and those days of freedom and secuirty and safety seem to have been lost forever.
Old 08 August 2002, 02:51 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

I know people say it but you just dont expect in on your door stop, let alone the pub you drink in every day... Ive walked through the woods once or twice and wouldnt recommend it as they are dark... but out of all the places you wouldnt expect it in there... treating the death as suspicious, why else is it wrapped in plastic bags... www.thisisleeds.com probably has something now.

David
Old 08 August 2002, 07:12 PM
Luke
BANNED

Must admit it makes me wonder about the news papers giving large rewards..... Whats their reward???????