Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Quality Comeback

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2002, 04:38 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you > feel about gun laws you got to love this!!!! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you??
Old 07 August 2002, 05:38 PM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Heard that one before..... all time classic.

My other fave was the one about the US Navy Admiral. I don't have an exact copy but it went along the lines of...

US Navy Admiral - Attention unknown vessel at grid reference 1234 please divert your course to avoid collision.

Unknown vessel - Negative, unable to do so. You please change your course to avoid collision.

USNA - This is US Navy Admiral Smith in charge of USS (ship name) and 5 other support vessels. I again ask you to change course.

UV - Again thats a negative. Unable to change course, you will have to change yours.

USNA - I order you to change course or I will take whatever action is necessary to allow the safe passage of my ship.

UV - This is Lighthouse (lighthouse name). Your move Admiral.

Old 07 August 2002, 05:49 PM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Smile

lol
Old 07 August 2002, 09:56 PM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

Cool

Found a copy....

This is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995.

Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations

10-10-95

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIDED BY THREE DESTOYERS, THREE CRUSISERS AND MUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT´S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Old 07 August 2002, 10:19 PM
Luke
BANNED

Typical thucking Big heads!!