Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why are people such........

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2002, 04:55 PM
puppypower
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

...... ***** when they get behind the wheel?

Now, I'm 27 not 65 and I don't just drive my car on Sundays. I have however, been a member of the IAM for two years and have been on several driving courses with work to make me a safer/faster driver.

The other day whilst coming back from Woodstock near Oxford to the M4 near Reading the roads were made up of dual carriageways, small villages and National speed limit roads. I noticed that a Volvo V70 was acting like a right ***** in a row of traffic in front, you know, getting up the vehicle in fronts behind and trying to overtake when there was no chance. Anyway first dual carriageway we got to, I overtook many cars including the Volvo, who did not seem best please and tried desperately to keep up, you could actually see the steam coming out of the guys head in the rear view mirror.

This unfortunately left him behind me as we entered a 40 mph zone. Now I'm a great believer that in speed limit zones you do the limit, give or take a few mph, but when the Nationals come that's why you have a scooby. So I stayed at 40 then at 30 when we changed into a village, this guy was right up my bumper trying to overtake in a little village , so when we got into the sticks foot down, Volvo speck in rearview. This cat and mouse of me leaving him for dead then him trying to have intercourse with me went on for about 20 miles, by which time you can imagine the engine wasn't the only thing steaming.

My point is, after all that waffle, you have a decent bloke/woman put them in a car and they become a beast obsessed. Why?

PP
Old 04 August 2002, 05:15 PM
puppypower
Scooby Regular

What 12 views and no comments. I haven't put this on the Volvo forum by mistake I hope!
Old 04 August 2002, 05:43 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

God only knows! I get it all the time, but it tends to be from pr1cks in old, nasty Astra GSEs or Cav V6, Cal V6 and the odd bloke in a Golf! I think it's an ego thing for some people, and in 99% of all cases it's blokes.
Old 04 August 2002, 05:58 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fair point, but i find the biggest d1cks are those who do 45mph on national speed limit roads an then enter villages and remain at the same speed. I know it could be risky saying it, but more often than not it is usually a female who does this.
Old 04 August 2002, 06:01 PM
puppypower
Scooby Regular

Damn risky mate, but I know what you mean. I also think that they are the most dangerous.

Old 04 August 2002, 06:04 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Couldn't possibly comment on the gender of those people! Usually old people that do that. They can barely see and have little concept of traffic because when they learnt to drive there were about 100 cars on the road!
Old 04 August 2002, 07:49 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I regularly get overtaken in a particular 30, but I take great pleasure in overtaking the plank that overtook me in the 30, when it becomes NSL and they're doing 45.

Last week I was followed through the 30 by a guy in a new Punto, right up my @rse, gesticulating. I took great pleasure in pointing out every 30 limit sign out to him. He eventually overtook me, then at a roundabout, I overtook him, because he hadn't anticipated the traffic flow and had to stop. I cruised right by on the other lane To55er!

Trouble is, these sort of subtleties are lost on these morons

Forget about it, take comfort in the knowledge that you are the better driver.

Incidently, since I de-badged my Golf PD150, people seem less inclined to overtake/tailgate - must have been the red 'I' in GTi causing them to see red

Cheers
Tim

Trending Topics

Old 04 August 2002, 09:58 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

motorway middle lane hogs - WHY?

Does my Scoob have a magnetic rear bumper?

Maybe one day I'll get an answer to the above questions...
Old 04 August 2002, 10:08 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

And why do many bikers (not all) insist on sitting in my blind spot for ages?
Old 05 August 2002, 01:06 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

I'm just glad all Scoob drivers (myself included ) are such good, safe, alert, intelligent road users.
Apart from when we're actually in the cars
Alas