Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Am I entitled to a refund?????

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2002, 04:51 PM
Crispin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a brand new Aprilia RS 125 about 2 1/2 weeks ago, it decided to **** it's coolant all over high holborn road a week ago, went back to the dealers, and I said to them that they had either a week to fix it or I wanted a refund or a brand new bike, it's been a week, so I called the dealer, and they say that i'm not entitled since they are doing everything in their power to fix the machine, I believe that I have a standard 28 days to claim a full refund on any faulty product I buy....anyone have any facts as to where I stand???

thx
Old 29 July 2002, 05:10 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

The Sale of Goods Acts lay down several conditions that all goods sold by a trader must meet. The goods must be:

of satisfactory quality
as described
fit for purpose

'Satisfactory quality' covers minor and cosmetic defects as well as substantial problems and it also means that products must last a reasonable time. But it does not give you any rights if a fault was obvious or pointed out.

'As described' refers to any advertisement or verbal description made by the trader.

'Fit for purpose' covers not only the obvious purpose of an item but any purpose you queried and were given assurances about by the trader.

If something you buy from a trader does not meet any of these conditions, you are entitled to your money back. You are not entitled to any repair, replacement or credit note, only your money back.

So if you want to accept a repair, and many people do, make sure you put in writing that you are reserving your right to 'reject' the item if the repair is not satisfactory. You are only entitled to your money back from the trader you bought it from, not from the manufacturer, wholesaler or importer. And it is up to them to collect the faulty item, although most times it is easier to return it yourself.

Old 29 July 2002, 05:18 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Steady Dunk or you'll be after my job!!
Old 29 July 2002, 05:31 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

You are entitled to refund as long as you don't accept a repair.
Ring them and tell them that you won't accept a repair and that you want either a NEW bike or a refund.

You only had the bike a week before it went bang so they don't have a leg to stand on.

They will attempt to get out of it but you have the right to demand a new bike

Mike
Old 29 July 2002, 06:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

LOL @ Seejay

Nicked it from the Watchdog website