Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why up so late

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2002, 04:36 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Unless you're guttered or working - why up so late and being sad like me on Scoobynet.
My excuse is a prolapsed disc(no, not brakes) and sciatica. Try sleeping with that lot. My dog is looking at me from his bed and I swear the expression is saying " Will you p*ss off and let me get some sleep"
Alasdair
Old 26 July 2002, 06:00 AM
King RA
BANNED

I'm at work, ill and wanna go home.

P.S whats sciatica??

[Edited by King RA - 7/26/2002 6:00:54 AM]
Old 26 July 2002, 06:04 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Without going into too much detail its when the bits from the burst disc are sticking out & touching the sciatic nerve in your back. This sends shooting pains down your legs, feet and back. Also causes muscle spasms.
Great.
Could be worse - it might stop me sleeping - Oh sh*t , it does.

Alasdair
Old 26 July 2002, 06:27 AM
King RA
BANNED

...at least you don't have to get up for work (I'm guessing you don't) now THAT would suck.
Old 26 July 2002, 09:47 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Alastair

I feel for you mate, I know exactly the pain you're feeling. I had it myself last year.

My L4/L5 disk pro-lapsed last May/June.

After months of agony and living on our living room floor I finally got an MRI Scan where they discovered 2/3rds of my disc was out and pushing on the sciatic nerve shooting pains down my left leg to my foot.

Had the discectomy operation in October last year at St Helens hospital and they were great. The pro-lapsed disc was taken out, no need for bone to be stuck together as I still had a third of the disc left.

Everything was fine until about 4 weeks ago, I thought I was better and decided to try and get back into some form of physical shape. Started running on the treadmill and some very, very light weight training in the garage.

Alas, it was too much and I ripped the scar tissue from my Op. The bottom of the scar was bleeding and now I have that blooming pain in my left **** cheek and down my left leg.

Back on anti-inflammitory tablets and pain killers etc.

Oh and my clutch int he scoob bloody kills my leg

How long have you had yours etc

Paul
Old 26 July 2002, 10:22 AM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

My car's in pieces
Old 26 July 2002, 02:26 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Hanley
Had a bad back injury about 12 years ago. Seemed fine after a few weeks so apart from a visit to the osteo exery few months all fixed.
At work about 6 weeks ago and back started to get sore. Could'nt sit , stand and walked as if I'd sh*t myself (I had'nt). Thought
it would go away so did'nt bother going to the docs until unable to get out the car one day. The clutch on the scoob is a b*stard. What an embarassment. 2 ambulance guys trying to get me out the motor with me squealing like a pig as the back had gone into spasm. And yes - it was in a supermarket car park.
Since then on the painkillers - go into work 2 days a week for 2 hours - to do the books and am waiting to see the surgeon.
Asked the doc if it was ok to still go for short walks as I've got a dog. She said ok - not realising it weighs about 9 - 10 stone and is psychotic.
It set me back about 2 weeks when it went after a whippet. It did'nt catch it but the look on the whippets face had me laughing so much I just about collapsed. And before the Save the WHIPPET BRIGADE start on, mine was on a lead , the whippet wasn't. He attacked my dog and in my condition I had to let the lead go I reckon the only reason he did'nt catch it was that I was distracting him by laughing and screaming at the same time.
Look after yourself m8 as you don't wan't to cause further probs. I now know what it feels like.
And by the way - I get pins and needles where you should not get or want pins & needles. If this happens get to the doc straight away.
Cheers
Alasdair