Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2002, 01:45 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Aplogies to the moderators as I'm not sure where to post this.

If someone on here could give me some advice on my problem I would be very, very grateful.

Around 2 years ago my then girlfriend became 'accidentally' pregnant. She lived in Cumbria and I lived in Merseyside. I planned to leave my job, home etc and move in with her and do the whole family thing. I had a job interview in Cumbria and was offered the job which I thankfullly accepted.

2 weeks before I was due to move up my girlfriend said out of the blue "I don't want you to move in, I don't want anything else to do with you".

I was given no reason so I had no choice but to accept this decision. She also said she did not want me to see the child when born. I still gave her money to buy baby clothes and to decorate the wardrobe.

Baby was born in February 2001. I have seen him once at the christening for 30 minutes.

This was the last I had heard, since then I met someone else, we moved in and plan to marry at the end of 2003 or beginning of 2004.

Big shocker came about 30 minutes ago....

Opened my payslip and along with the usual tax deductions I have the following entries:

COURTORD - PRIOR 295.32
CHILD SUPPORT AG 275.00

Now I don't earn a bad wage but its not high. We have a house and usual bills etc and this I just can't afford to lose this amount of money each month.

I feel sick in the stomach and don't know who to talk to etc so if anyone in here has had a similar experience or knows any legal issues etc (e.g she kicked me out) then please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Paul
Old 24 July 2002, 01:46 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Also forgot too add

I have had no contact via letters etc so can they just do this?
Old 24 July 2002, 01:49 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

This wil pi$$ her off!

Tell the CSA that you suspect she had been having an affair and you suspect the child maybe someone elses.

Should delay things a bit longer.
Old 24 July 2002, 01:49 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Fuel problems - No prob.
Tyre Pressures - Easy Peasy...
Turbo Timers - Piece of cake.
MY01 PPP - A Doddle...
Parental court orders and child benefit claims... NO WAY!!!

Sorry bud... they gotya!
Mak.
Old 24 July 2002, 01:52 PM
Tommy 2000
Scooby Regular

Citizens Advice Bureau is always worth checking out.

Good luck with it mate.
Old 24 July 2002, 01:52 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry m8

my advice get a good solicitor!!!

I dont think you can avoid paying for the child but you might get the payments reduced.

Secondly, do you want access to the kiddy? (it sounds like you do) then a solicitor will arrange regular visits and even weekend/holiday stopovers.

Steve
Old 24 July 2002, 01:58 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Exact same thing is happening to my friend at the moment. Girl he was seeing "accidentally" got pregnant and the baby is due this Saturday. She doesn't want anything more to do with him, infact she is seeing someone else but she felt the need to report him to the CSA. He even offered to give her money each month if she didn't do this but she wouldn't agree.

Anyway CSA can take upto 30% of your salary after tax if they want. In his case he could be paying £700 a month for the next 16 years for this child. To say he is gutted is an understatement.
Old 24 July 2002, 01:59 PM
Little Miss WRX

Unhappy

Go to the CAB and go see a solicitor asap.

Good luck.
Old 24 July 2002, 02:00 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

30% after tax.

Do they not need to take into account your current outgoings

e.g Mortgage, Loans, Car, Credit Cards, Wife & Kids (soon)

I mean if I were to take out a huge repayment loan that would put my outgoings right up there
Old 24 July 2002, 02:02 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

This website will explain everything :

http://www.csa.gov.uk/
Old 24 July 2002, 02:20 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Baravo2zero_sps

Thanks for your advice mate

If my partner is comfortable then I would love to see my son. Distance would make it a little more difficult but its not too much of a problem.

I'm glad to hear that payments may be reduced to 15% of my salary. The thing that gets me is the mother works for a living and according to the CSA website because she claims 'Working Families Tax Credit' they treat her as having no disposable income.....Whats that all about????

I am in Manchester now so I am trying to find out if there is a Citizens Advice around here somewhere so I can chat to someone and arrange to see a solicitor.

Good luck in your fight mate, I hope you get what you want.

If anyone is in Manchester (I am not from here) and can point me to a CAB then that would help!!

Thanks everyone for your comments I appreciate it
Old 24 July 2002, 02:31 PM
neilp
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear your predicament m8, am going through the same at the mo, see below for your info:
Citizens Advice Bureau
Bennett St
Stretford
Manchester
Lancashire M32 8SG
Tel: 0870 1264094
Old 24 July 2002, 02:46 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I completely agree with everything you say.

I know I have only just entered this and thousands and thousands of other people are suffering as I am.

I think I am still in shock at the amount of money I have just lost in this months pay packet. get paid tommorrow and only just realised they have taken out 275 for maintenance and another 295 for what I can only assume is what back payments maybe??

Is that fair?

It's bad enough taking nearly £300 of someone who has girlfriend / mortgage etc but to take nearly double that is just insane. How do they expect someone to live and pay high taxes if they take all your bloody money before you see it.

At the time all my friends said they never trusted her and they were right. Once I had paid for clothes, nursery etc I was out of the equation.
Old 24 July 2002, 02:47 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Kill her. That is the only way...
Old 24 July 2002, 02:47 PM
Little Miss WRX

Angry

It saddens and angers me too.

At the end of the day, the child suffers more, for females who solely vindictively stop the dad seeing their child, then shame on you [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 24 July 2002, 02:55 PM
kenb@manx
Scooby Regular

Move to the Isle of Man. The CSA can't touch you here. Or perhaps you could arrange to have your wages paid into an overseas account here?
Is that the Financial Supervision Commission knocking on my door? It's a loophole and it depends how 'flexible' your employer is. Just don't tell anyone I told you about it !

ken

(edited for spelling, again)

[Edited by kenb@manx - 7/24/2002 2:57:56 PM]
Old 24 July 2002, 02:59 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

ken

Not a bad idea mate but 2 small flawes unfortunately

1) I work for a bank and wages must be paid into an account with them.

2) The CSA have taken the money by Deduction from Earnings....the money is gone before your bank account comes into the equation

They have me bollox an' all

Just a bit miffed why they haven't contacted me ref: my outgoings, debts etc

Or are they just assuming I have no debts and every penny I earn goes under the mattress
Old 24 July 2002, 03:01 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Hate to say this:-

Anyone wanna buy a Scooby???
Old 24 July 2002, 03:07 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Try to get the FBI involved by claiming that she's a terrorrist. That should solve things in both the long and short run. Just make sure you say Al Qaeda and not the IRA so they'll take it seriously..
Old 24 July 2002, 03:14 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

So now I will make contact with the CSA and a solicitor and hopefully have these payments stopped pending the following:

1) A DNA test to prove I am the father (for 16 years of payment...well worth it)

2) Correct assessment of my earnings / outgoings etc

Failing all that......oh bollox!!!!!
Old 24 July 2002, 03:25 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

These are the same thoughts my friend is having at the moment. As I stated above he is absolutely gutted at the thought of the CSA being able to take £700 a month off him that he too is seriously considering just giving up work.

One other thing he is considering is having his basic wage reduced to say 15K a year and then receiving a 10K bonus every six months. Anybody know if this is likely to work as the bonus wouldn't be classed as gauranteed income.

If there is one thing to learn from this, if there is any doubt you do not want to get the woman pregnant then use a condom, don't trust her....
Old 24 July 2002, 03:29 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

terrifying... simply terrifying
Old 24 July 2002, 03:40 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

i feel sorry for you mate. i have paid 415 for 3 years with another 7 to go. i cant believe the csa issued a DOE straight away have you just moved ? or been hiding? the best help is the NACSA forum i am on it more than scooby net. they can take up to 30% of your salery but have to take other things into account there is lots of :ways: to reduce your payments ! but forget the no money to live off etc as the CSA b******s dont care a S**T about you . they have nearly destroyed my life. and the scoob is one of the things that keep me sane when dealing with them. you cant beat them untill the child is up to 19 years old. you do have to pay .this 15% of your salery as you are now a current client will not kick in for you for prehaps 3-4 years so you will have to look at other ways to pay less . i cant say too much on this forum as my E_MAIL is visable to every one {csa spys and workers!!} but try the NACSA and read up on it . i really feel sorry for anyone who the csa start on mistakes are so common i paid £20- £100 for 5 months that they assessed me on then tryed to take £700 per month. i managed to get it down to 400 odd with 15 years to pay off arrears!! at £12 per month.forget a solicitor regarding csa and CB are not to hot on csa matters . i have probly opened a real hornets nest now with my comments re paying for a child now!! get in the scoob to night for a BLAST thats what i do> good luck mate.
Old 24 July 2002, 03:47 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

This sounds like a really dum suggestion but write to your MP ... the only thing that can help is a change in the law.
Old 24 July 2002, 03:48 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mart03/leonStudio.htm

Buahahahahahahahaha! Its funny what you can find on the net.