Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you hate traffic wardens ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2002, 09:47 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found out about this site about "parking Clowns" aka Wardens that we all love to hate. They are trying to get this blokes protest site shut down. HAve a look before it disappears !

http://www.inkent.co.uk/homepage.htm
Old 10 July 2002, 09:50 AM
Scooby Snax
Scooby Regular

http://www.inkent.co.uk/homepage.htm
Old 10 July 2002, 10:30 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Angry

Symbolic of the persecution of motorists that seems abundant in this country [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10 July 2002, 10:46 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Lightbulb

Very Good. And very true too. Parking in Canterbury is a nightmare and when you do find a space, the charges are ridiculous [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10 July 2002, 10:50 AM
Luke
BANNED

Cant speak for out side London... But the council (Not the MetPolice ones) are a bunch of poo.They are racists and make 1000's of false tickets a year. They are scum.
Old 10 July 2002, 11:07 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes in Bristol, all the Traffic Wardens are in the c**t book

Cheers Phill C
Old 10 July 2002, 11:20 AM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

I hate the *******. Been ticket free for 2 years, then 2 in a week. One at bloody 8.30 pm when I'd nipped into the offy for 3 minutes [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I will now vent my anger for the next couple of months by insulting them in the street. Stuff like smiling and saying "Good morning you pair of *****" - "Is it true you only get £8.5k a year" etc. etc. Thought of getting an old banger and brake testing the ******* on mopeds. It's their fault if they run into the back you

Anyone got any good tactics / one-liners to make their lives a misery?
Old 10 July 2002, 11:23 AM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

I just remembered seeing a white van man in London bouncing a crate of Stella off a wardens head. I started applauding and whooping in the style of an American. My bird gave me a clip round the ear - I like it when she plays rough.
Old 10 July 2002, 11:37 AM
gtr_man
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

These people are doing an incredibly difficult job, they deal with insolent members of the public every day, most are verbally abused and physically threatened - no one deserves that kind of treatment. Without them people like you would park illegally. Obstructing vital roads and causing our cities to grind to a halt.
Old 10 July 2002, 11:51 AM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

So why do they accept violence, threats etc. and **** pay as a way of life.
Is it because they are petty minded, jumped up little Hitlers who couldn't get into the police force?

No-one gives a t0ss about parking in France or Italy, and life's all the better for it. You do get some cracking traffic jams in Rome tho but I for one prefer mayhem to being charged £40 every time I stop for a nanosecond to use a local shop.
They really are killing our local traders with this over zealous ticketing and parking restrictions designed to generate money. This makes people drive to out of town shopping centres and damages the local high street even more.
Old 10 July 2002, 12:07 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

FJ,

Maybe so, but the top of my road is a prime example, with a small supermarket on one side and an off-licence on the other - you can imagine what liberties people take.

If i could get the double yellows re-painted red, so that traffic wardens don't have to wait the 5 minutes before booking, i would do it myself. You cannot imagine how frustrating it can be.

And if ever the day came, heaven forbid, when someone urgently needed the emergency services, and they couldn't be reached because of these idiots (some of whom just sit in their cars with their arms on the window ledge, staring at you as if you're a piece of crap on their shoe) blocking the road, then i would have an even more serious problem with it.

I've been done by them too. I don't know their motives for doing the job, but in general i think they have an important job to do, however irritating it might be to us on occasion.

Terry
Old 10 July 2002, 12:10 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

God damn you and your well reasoned, balanced argument [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I still wouldn't p1ss on them if they were on fire though
Old 10 July 2002, 12:28 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

If you park legally, you have nothing to fear.
Old 10 July 2002, 01:03 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Good god. Why is everyone so conformist.

And if you don't speed you wont get a ticket - and if you don't drink your liver won't fall off, and if you don't eat red meat etc. etc.

Old 10 July 2002, 01:54 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Cool

You're right - i'm as much a hypocrite as anyone.

I go mental when anyone has a go at me if i tell them i've had a bit of a blast in the Scoob. Arguments like the car is capable of it fall on deaf ears - they come back and tell me i could involve someone else inadvertantly because they couldn't react fast enough.

Which is true enough, you just don't believe/want to believe it.

Bad parking just directly affects me at the top of my road, so i get on my high horse about it. Otherwise i probably wouldn't give a monkey's...
Old 10 July 2002, 02:01 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

heh, I like to say the following after getting a 60 quid ticket.
"Thats really put me in a bind now. I'll have to cancel the 120 goes on your mum that I've got booked next week. She aint gonna be happy."

astraboy.
Old 10 July 2002, 02:01 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

I think what p1sses me off more than anything is knowing that I'll see hundreds of people get away with parking illegally, yet the moment I do it I just know I'll get a ticket

Used to have an office that looked out onto the town high street and you often saw traffic wardens hovering over cars. You also saw the me and my colleagues standing at the window yelling "GIVE HER A TICKET" as the bloody warden let of some woman who showed a bit of leg or fluttered her eyelids [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10 July 2002, 04:55 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Good god. Why is everyone so conformist.
I'm not, but if i get a ticket, well quelle surprise

If I park on double yellers and get a £60 fine, is it my fault or the traffic wardens?

I speed and have the points to prove it. I'll try anything to avoid points/tickets (except slowing down, of course ) but at the end of the day, it's my own stupid fault.

If your local council charges too much for parking, vote them out the next chance you get.
Old 10 July 2002, 06:34 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Your right it's the councils fault, but I will continue to vent my displeasure on their representatives on earth - the wardens.
Will use Astraboys suggestion next time
There used to be a bit of sport involved in getting a ticket.
These days they just hide behind a bush at 8.30 pm waiting for someone to stop with 2mm of tyre on a double yello.
It's just a giant money making scam, especially since they got private firms in to do it.
Voting won't change anything - the next lot that come in aren't going to drop the fines and lose all that lovely revenue are they.
Old 10 July 2002, 06:41 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Symbolic of the persecution of motorists that seems abundant in this country
Motorists are the Jews of the **** road system..
Old 10 July 2002, 06:58 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Must pick a better title next time

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=111853

mb
Old 10 July 2002, 07:00 PM
Luke
BANNED

I say it again... Why do they (councils) have a policy of only employing Black wardens in London. There must be a reason for it
The Only white warden I ever saw in London told me his work collegues hated him and he was made to feel un welcome

No its not a racist thread.... But a true one that must have an answer..
Old 10 July 2002, 07:09 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

...I popped inat Walsall (West Midlands) today for the first time in a few years - and what an anti-car place that has become [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Aside from the hundreds of GATSOs (including the road that was mentioned on "Dispatches: Speed Trap" - oh which half were LIVE!), they have pedestrian areas that are hard to spot (confusing signs on the "entry"), looping one-way streets (so you can't get anywhere) and extortionate parking charges. EVERYWHERE is at least 50p - you can't just pull up for two minutes to buy a paper And to cap it all, i spotted one of those big trading parks with the likes of Powerhouse, Courts, Next, JJB Sports etc. I parked up for a quick look round, but on my return to the car i noticed that THIS TOO was a (very poorly signposted) pay-and-display. Luckily the Walsall Clowns had not got me, but it certainly means that i will not be going back that way for shopping EVER AGAIN.

Councils are our servants (and we pay for them [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) not our masters - i guess that they are taking lessons from the government!!

mb
Old 10 July 2002, 08:42 PM
sebastian
Scooby Regular

No one minds the good old fashioned police traffic wardens in their black and yellow uniforms, who on the whole are stopping dangerous parking and roadblocking, and are open to discretion and reasoned apologies if you find them appraoching your motor..

BUT in the last 5 years the whole scene has changed with Council wardens acting as pure revenue machines for local councils, the fines are extortionate and their tactics are underhand to say the least. They employ absolute morons too.

****ing ****s.

If I wasn't a professional who needed to keep my job and not go to prison I d have happily decked a few by now. A couple of months in the slammer would be worth the pleasure of it.
Old 10 July 2002, 08:56 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

My Dad loves to tell the story of how my sister when she was 5 or 6 pointed out of the car towards a traffic warden and said "Oh, look a rodent" - I swear it is a true story

Says it all really and my feelings haven't changed.

Chris
Old 10 July 2002, 10:55 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

sebastian

near to me is a chip shop, where selfish and ignorant drivers park on the pavement or blocking the road etc.

The local police know about the problem, but are powerless to do anything, because parking offences have been "contracted out". Yup, you heard right - you can effectively tell a police officer to "**** off" by parking badly and ignoring their instructions, because only a warden can nick you!

As for the "contracted out" wardens - i expect that there are more lucrative areas to patrol, because not only are they never around, but they don't even know when they will be around [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

mb
Old 11 July 2002, 12:43 PM
g0d
Scooby Regular

Personally I hate the ******* I've had a ticket before despite paying for a parking meter but the cars either end of me forced me to park on top of the white lines marking the parking bay. The geezer in front must have found it hilarius as I got a ticket and he diddn't .(they rejected ny appeal btw)
I have also had a ticket in a residential road in Camden where parking restrictions started at eight thirty I came out after an overnight stay to an empty street bar my car and a parking ticket
for sixty quid put on at 8.45 am. Quite obviously none of these things was in anyway causing a problem but still I ended up out of pocket and that is the problem with the stupid power hungry to stupid to get into the police force traffic wardens.
Old 11 July 2002, 01:07 PM
Dirty_Den
Scooby Regular

Cool

I just thought of that scene in 'The World Is Not Enough' when Bond soaks a couple of traffic wardens in his speed boat - bloody marvellous!

I guess the solution is, try and soak the bu99ers by driving fast through big puddles - heh heh heh....

Den
Old 11 July 2002, 01:18 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

They are sneaky in London and wont give you an INCH - even if it is a 30" drop off by a Fed Ex van simply doing his business (this was this morning, outside work). They get no respect since they give no respect - there is NO latitude, just $$$ in their eyes.

I got booked for parking the bike between vehicles at a meter bay recently (allowed). Meter already had money in it from car driver (you are not allowed to put money in as a biker). First guy goes and a car with a *permit* comes in its place. So, I, me, then gets a ticket. The guy HAD paid for the space, albeit with a permit rather than cash, but I get a ticket. Ever since the number plate goes in the top box - no more refused appeals or costly fines.
Old 11 July 2002, 01:44 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Diesel - I noticed a lot of that in London recently - bikes with the plate covered with a polly bag parked on the pavement etc.
I presume the wardens aren't allowed to touch your vehicle, but thought plod wouldn't be happy with it.
What's the score?

FJ

Quick Reply: Do you hate traffic wardens ?