Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Good copper story!

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2002, 11:06 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I know that it may be a little unfashionable, but how about something good about the Plod?

Last night I noticed a chap wandering up and down my next door neighbour's drive. OK, I thought, delivering leaflets or something.

Saw him again a few minutes later. Wandering back down their drive, this time with his todger out. And what he was delivering was *not* leaflets.

Rang the neighbours to ask if they had any eccentric guests staying, and then suggested that they shouldn't go outside for a bit (they're both retired). Told them why and then phoned the Old Bill.

2 minutes (literally)later a patrol car turned up. Very discreet - no blues and twos - but very professional as well. Handled bloke (who turns out to be an abscondee from a local mental hospital) fairly but firmly and dealt with the whole thing with the minimum of fuss.

They don't always get it right but hell - when they do it's only right we point it out, yeah?

SB

PS If anyone lives in the Shirley/West Wickham area and hasn't written to the council about their plans to extend the Royal Bethlem Hospital MSU to 89 beds, could they please get off their backsides and do so?
Old 20 June 2002, 11:12 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

2 minutes (literally)later a patrol car turned up. Very discreet - no blues and twos - but very professional as well. Handled bloke (who turns out to be an abscondee from a local mental hospital) fairly but firmly and dealt with the whole thing with the minimum of fuss.
Yeah, while C was gewtting assaulted, it took them forever to come. And when they did, they seem to not have give a damn. Sorry sir, one good cop does not vindicate the majority of bad cops...
Old 20 June 2002, 11:16 PM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

I have to say, the majority that I have met have been sound.
Which is why the Mondeo bunch suprised me.
Old 21 June 2002, 09:58 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Wink

You sure it wasn't a couple of WPCs that turned up .

Chip
Old 21 June 2002, 05:09 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Katana,
Conversely, one bad experience does not make all cops bad either!

Geezer
Old 21 June 2002, 05:17 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Lets see now, in my whole life, my home has been broken into about 4 times now (different houses). In all that time, none of them gave a damn.

But a few months back, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time (in Guildford) and they tried to do me for speeding which in fact I wasn't, not to mention the jib on my ethnicity by one of them.

Face it, all the cops ever does nowadays is look for speeders or tax dodgers. I've yet to experience something good from them (apart from the one night stand with a WPC in Glasgow many years back). The truth hurts doesn't it.
Old 21 June 2002, 05:17 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Geezer - Thank you

[Edited by BuRR - 6/21/2002 5:18:10 PM]
Old 21 June 2002, 05:43 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Wink

Katana.
Pc Swallowit? or Inspector *****

Dougie
Old 21 June 2002, 06:00 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I'd like to say I've had a good experience with the police but I haven't, well not since I had my postcode stamped on my bike frame

It's odd, I don't know anyone who has any faith in the Police and that covers people who are younger than me, right up to people old enough to be my grandparents! Something really does need to be done about our Police.

Bob
Old 21 June 2002, 06:41 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

It's odd, I don't know anyone who has any faith in the Police and that covers people who are younger than me, right up to people old enough to be my grandparents! Something really does need to be done about our Police.
Nope, something does not need to be done about our police. Something needs to be done about the system that ties their hands and prevents them from doing their jobs properly. Something needs to be done about the politicians (elected and otherwise) who allocate police resources on stupid things that nobody appreciates or respects but which raise money while taking them away from what they should be doing. In short, I'd say something needs to be done about the fact that thiose responsibel for our policing (and I don't mean the police themselves) have their heads so far up their own backsides that they don't understand what is going on in the world and are simply concerned with their own self aggrandisement.

Old 21 June 2002, 07:51 PM
g0d
Scooby Regular

Alot of the above statement is probably true but I do think to many cu nts get into the police force these days. A friend of mine who has never once driven a car or even sat in a drivers seat had a policeman stand up in court and swear he saw my friend getting out of the drivers side of a stolen car. Got six months for doing **** all
Old 21 June 2002, 07:52 PM
leew
Scooby Newbie

I got to say that that last post is right.... being "old bill" i cant vouch for them all... there are some rela ***** but most of us a reasonable... the system does cause a lot of problems for us and i can only speak for myself but, i am firm nbut usually quite easy going and very fair!
Old 22 June 2002, 02:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

I did some minicabbing some years back, and if you want to see plod at their worst, try making a living driving one (a minicab, not a plod!) They'll virtually ignore ANYTHING to book a cabby!