Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Boris to resign ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2022, 07:14 AM
Lozgti2
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Boris to resign ?

Not really as ‘furious’ as MP’s are saying their constituents are.

However, who would replace him? Can’t think of anyone any good. Sunak was only reeled out to give away free money then put back in his little box
Old 05 February 2022, 07:17 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

I’m not into politics at all but I can’t fckin stand this boris....
Old 05 February 2022, 07:24 AM
Lozgti2
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Lol
Old 05 February 2022, 07:30 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Ugly P. me thinks
i like John son, thanks to his Brexit my wages rised about 25% last year
The following users liked this post:
Old 05 February 2022, 08:02 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The Cat
Old 05 February 2022, 10:19 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
Ugly P. me thinks
That might just about cover your cost of living increases due to Brexit and terrible handling of Covid. Sadly, most people haven't enjoyed a decent wage rise yet are still hit with the rises in cost of living!

Can't see Boris resigning, they'll have to stay him out of there kicking and screaming a la Trump! Can't see him laying more than another couple of weeks though, the public have turned against him.

I'm unsure about Sunak, maybe he's too keen to take over. I also don't believe he wasn't aware of the rule breaking in no. 10. He couldn't deny he was at the birthday party in the cabinet office in an interview the other day and was trying to claim he was too busy to look out of the window to see what was going on in the garden Bit of a Gordon Brown for me, don't think the public will get behind him in an election.

Lizz Truss would seem to be a strong candidate although not sure she has enough support in the party. Good help us if Pob Gove goes for it!

Biggest problem is they got rid of all the progressives in the party at the last election, so there is nobody left that really had a vision for the future. With Labour now fiirmly moving back to the centre, if the Tories carry on with their right wing direction and sucking off their rich buddies, they will get hammered at the next election.
Old 05 February 2022, 12:44 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
That might just about cover your cost of living increases due to Brexit and terrible handling of Covid. Sadly, most people haven't enjoyed a decent wage rise yet are still hit with the rises in cost of living!
It let me work 3 days a week instead of 4👌
Theresa May should come back ,think Patel will be next.
Old 06 February 2022, 09:39 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Boris is doing a great job in my opinion and who are the alternatives anyway? All liars and corrupt. Better the devil you know,
The following 6 users liked this post by Jamo:
1509joe, dazdavies, JdmSti2006, lockheed, Lozgti2, Russell38 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06 February 2022, 04:08 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Boris must be one of the most corrupt PM’s we have had, he should definitely go and who cares who replaces him as that’s up to the tories and if they can’t get someone have another general election.
The following 5 users liked this post by stevebt:
Old 07 February 2022, 01:35 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Robbed of a pound to fill HALF screen wash tank at sainsburys just now

this is what life has become

I pity the youth of today in Tory Britain , I can see it becoming worse than thatchers 80’s
Old 07 February 2022, 01:49 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Inflation has gone mental. Waiting for the government to step in now. Amy minute..........................any minute now.
Old 07 February 2022, 02:16 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
Inflation has gone mental. Waiting for the government to step in now. Amy minute..........................any minute now.
Don't hold your breath.

https://news.sky.com/story/business-...-rise-12534513
Old 07 February 2022, 02:43 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Wurzel
they want to have more progressive taxes so that people who need the money are the ones who get it
If they want more progressive taxes, then why are they increasing NI contributions which punish the lowest earners more than high incomes rather than highest rate income tax which only targets the highest earners?
Old 07 February 2022, 03:36 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Lol I'm not mate. The only good thing the Tories did was the marginal stamp duty for first time buyers.

If they want more progressive taxes, then why are they increasing NI contributions which punish the lowest earners more than high incomes rather than highest rate income tax which only targets the highest earners?
That is by design mate
Old 07 February 2022, 04:31 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
That is by design mate
I get that, but to argue that cutting VAT is not progressive and therefore unfair on the poor is complete hierocracy when they are doing just that with NI increase!
Old 07 February 2022, 04:41 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

I get that, but to argue that cutting VAT is not progressive and therefore unfair on the poor is complete hierocracy when they are doing just that with NI increase!
I'm not disagreeing with you mate. When I said by design I meant thats how they designed the system, to benefit them and squeeze the rest of us. The middle class is quickly disappearing and it really is the top 1% and the rest of us.

Its the government who raised the cap and have increased taxes while they line their pockets. We just can't get a break.
Old 07 February 2022, 05:52 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
Robbed of a pound to fill HALF screen wash tank at sainsburys just now

this is what life has become

I pity the youth of today in Tory Britain , I can see it becoming worse than thatchers 80’s
What? You got to pay for water now.
Old 07 February 2022, 06:49 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Couldnt quite belive it after it cut out half way through filling up !
Old 08 February 2022, 08:02 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lockheed
What? You got to pay for water now.
I'll bet you another pound that he was paying for ready-mixed screenwash, not plain water. They've had that at our local Tesco forecourt for years, nothing new about it at all.
Old 08 February 2022, 09:28 AM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
Ugly P. me thinks
Maybe you could spend it on English lessons?
Old 08 February 2022, 11:35 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji
Maybe you could spend it on English lessons?
You can't say that!! It does not say in the T's&C's a grasp of basic English is required to post on this board. I found this out when I made a similar comment a few years ago and was torn a new one by the grammar and spelling police.
Old 08 February 2022, 11:42 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm sorry to be blunt but if any of you think we'd be in a better position had Labour been in No 10 during the pandemic then you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Your kids and their grandkids would be paying it off for decades to come.

All this nonsense about poor economy, supply chain issues death rates etc all being Boris' fault need to look at what problems the rest of the world is dealing with.
Here's a clue - It's not just the UK

I know most that post on here are anti Brexit Tory haters but some of you really do talk out of your backsides half of the time.

What most of you will not accept is that it's the Pandemic that's caused a lot of the problems we're now faced with but Boris and his Brexit are an easy target for you to blame.

If Labour put as much effort into coming up with their own ideas and policies to tackle these issues as they do into the Boris bashing they maybe a decent opposition.
It's a case of the noisy minority being stirred up by the media.

I'd bet my Pension that another general election wouldn't be the landslide swing towards Labour that the B*llsh*t Broadcasting Corporation would have you believe.

In the mean time I'm really enjoying your apoplectic hatred of Boris and Brexit on a daily basis.

Keep it up.

Last edited by dazdavies; 08 February 2022 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08 February 2022, 12:14 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Global supply issues lol

so how come USA is booming ?
Old 08 February 2022, 01:00 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I'm sorry to be blunt but if any of you think we'd be in a better position had Labour been in No 10 during the pandemic then you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Your kids and their grandkids would be paying it off for decades to come.

All this nonsense about poor economy, supply chain issues death rates etc all being Boris' fault need to look at what problems the rest of the world is dealing with.
Here's a clue - It's not just the UK

I know most that post on here are anti Brexit Tory haters but some of you really do talk out of your backsides half of the time.

What most of you will not accept is that it's the Pandemic that's caused a lot of the problems we're now faced with but Boris and his Brexit are an easy target for you to blame.

If Labour put as much effort into coming up with their own ideas and policies to tackle these issues as they do into the Boris bashing they maybe a decent opposition.
It's a case of the noisy minority being stirred up by the media.

I'd bet my Pension that another general election wouldn't be the landslide swing towards Labour that the B*llsh*t Broadcasting Corporation would have you believe.

In the mean time I'm really enjoying your apoplectic hatred of Boris and Brexit on a daily basis.

Keep it up.
For the record, I am anti-Brexit, but not anti-Tory - just not supportive of the current set that have lurched far to the right and certainly not a fan of the Trumpesque politics that Johnson has brought to the table!

Under a Corbyn Labour, I would generally agree with you. Under a Starmer Labour, maybe less so. It is true that Corona has hit every country badly, and in the beginning, I certainly had a lot of sympathy for Boris having to deal with a situation where it really was impossible to know the best way to deal with it! The initial response was a huge guess for every country, some got it right, some got it wrong, but it is unfair to praise or condemn anyone's initial response as they were all guessing.

The important point, is following the initial response, how you look at your own situation, compare it to what others have done and to learn from your mistakes - This is where I become critical of Boris' handling of Covid-19, where he refused to learn from the clear lessons and adapt his policies to protect lives and the economy. In the end, the number of deaths and also the economic damage suffered during Covid-19 is quite pitiful in the UK compared to other major economies who have dealt far better with the Covid-19 challenges with less deaths and less economic impact. The only reason Boris can currently claim we have the fastest growing economy in the G7 (disputable depending on which period you look at) is because the UK economy fell so much further than the rest of the G7.

It is also true that the whole world is seeing supply chain issues, particularly with electronic items and fuels. Looking at things somewhat from the outside (Germany), not everyone has such severe supply chain issues as the UK. While petrol prices have rocketed here, gas and electricity prices have not increased so much. Here there have been absolutely no problems with lack of delivery drivers and other than a lack of toilet roll during the first lockdown, the supermarket shelves have remained fully stocked throughout the pandemic. Growth in Germany is currently not so high, but the economic hit of the pandemic has not been so severe, nor has Germany had to take on the level of debt that the UK has done - my tax has actually come down this year and was about €80 better off in my January pay packet!

I always find if funny how people who lean heavily to the right or left make so much criticism of the BBC - both accusing them of being biased to the other side! To me, that sounds like they are actually being balanced and not leaning heavily one way or the other. There are many criticisms that you could make of the BBC News coverage, but being anti-Tory or pro-left are definitely not deserved. Perhaps paying a bit more attention to more neutral/centrist media such as the BBC, The Guardian or The Independent may open your eyes a bit to just how badly Boris and his corrupt "Liberal Elite" buddies are currently running/ruining the UK - in particular its reputation abroad!
Old 08 February 2022, 02:24 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I had my eyes opened plenty when I lived abroad. I lived in Australia for a few years and the disparity in what was being reported over there to how the BBC were twisting things here was something to behold particularly in the run up to the Brexit referendum.
Prior to that I was completely blinkered to it and when I moved back I have always made a point of using several sources.

If you don't think the BBC is biased then you're a bit deluded. Just read any story that's Boris related. They despise him and every story they write has some sort of anti Boris slant.
What's really got me over the last few weeks is how many times they've trotted out someone who has had a relative pass away in lockdown and used the "that happened whilst Boris was partying line".
I have every sympathy for the relatives but the amount of times the BBC and Angela Rayner in particularly have used that for some point scoring truly sickens me.
That trollop spouts off about how bad hate in politics is and that its not fair it's aimed at MPs then in the next breath is calling all Tories scum.
I class myself as fairly centre politics wise and whilst Boris has made a few gaffs he's being hampered by people trying to stab him in the back all the way.

I can't believe that these parties have been made out by the media and labour to be a bigger issue than a proven chinese spy in parliament, Potential war with Russia and no one seems to be giving a flying f*ck about how much stuff is being leaked from number 10 and Whitehall.
Yet a couple of get togethers (let's be honest they were hardly parties) of people that were working together everyday anyway seems to be what they would have you believe is the most important issue ever.

If these two year old parties are the only ammunition they've got then I'd say he's doing OK and judging by the fact they're going after his Mrs now they're clutching at straws.

Old 08 February 2022, 02:39 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

The media here is owned by the same people as in Aus and USA

at present they are talking up war with Russia , cos USA and thus UK want you to believe that Russia / China are pure evil

this doesn’t alter the brexit disaster we are facing Or the elitist behavior of the Tory party

Last edited by IdonthaveaScooby; 08 February 2022 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08 February 2022, 03:09 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I had my eyes opened plenty when I lived abroad. I lived in Australia for a few years and the disparity in what was being reported over there to how the BBC were twisting things here was something to behold particularly in the run up to the Brexit referendum.
Prior to that I was completely blinkered to it and when I moved back I have always made a point of using several sources.

If you don't think the BBC is biased then you're a bit deluded. Just read any story that's Boris related. They despise him and every story they write has some sort of anti Boris slant.
What's really got me over the last few weeks is how many times they've trotted out someone who has had a relative pass away in lockdown and used the "that happened whilst Boris was partying line".
I have every sympathy for the relatives but the amount of times the BBC and Angela Rayner in particularly have used that for some point scoring truly sickens me.
That trollop spouts off about how bad hate in politics is and that its not fair it's aimed at MPs then in the next breath is calling all Tories scum.
I class myself as fairly centre politics wise and whilst Boris has made a few gaffs he's being hampered by people trying to stab him in the back all the way.

I can't believe that these parties have been made out by the media and labour to be a bigger issue than a proven chinese spy in parliament, Potential war with Russia and no one seems to be giving a flying f*ck about how much stuff is being leaked from number 10 and Whitehall.
Yet a couple of get togethers (let's be honest they were hardly parties) of people that were working together everyday anyway seems to be what they would have you believe is the most important issue ever.

If these two year old parties are the only ammunition they've got then I'd say he's doing OK and judging by the fact they're going after his Mrs now they're clutching at straws.
The Australian media is almost entirely run by Rupert Murdoch! I spent 2 months over there last Autumn and was really quite shocked how biased to the right the media was and there was virtually no media presenting a balanced view.

It may appear that the BBC is against Johnson, but that might just be because there is so much news about him of late and they are simply reporting it. Of late, even the Express and Daily Mail have been digging into him!

The issues with the parties is either nothing or a huge issue depending on your personal experiences during lockdowns. If you didn't suffer during lockdown and maybe had a few little parties anyway despite the rules and don't know anyone who died, then you probably don't see any issue with it! On the other hand, if you lost a close relative and couldn't visit them on their death bed, or couldn't attend a funeral etc. meanwhile the guy that set the rules preventing you seeing you dying relative was not leading by example and having parties, big or small, you'd be pretty rightly annoyed at him right now!

It doesn't really matter at the moment what the latest scandal is, if its not parties, its changing the laws for MPs rules to help your dodgy mate out, offering your buddies contracts for PPE, ignoring all the fraud for PPE contracts or furlough, or slandering the leader of the opposition and inciting groups to mob him outside parliament and I'm quite sure there are many more scandals to come. The point is, you are right, we should be focusing on bigger issues like the Russia/Ukraine crisis, cost of living crisis etc. but No. 10 is too busy defending the latest scandal from Boris to focus on the bigger issues.

The public have had enough of him, he's got Brexit done (however badly) and now he's surplus to requirements. The people want a statesman not a clown to be leading the country forward and the vast majority have now lost faith in him and if he won't go himself, then the Tories need to oust him otherwise they will get hammered at the local elections in May. Given much of his support in 2019 came from non-natural Tory voters who supported Brexit and were anti-Corbyn; Corbyn is now gone and Brexit is done, so there is no reason to support the Tories any more and the Red wall is likely to be built back even stronger!
Old 08 February 2022, 03:31 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

I wonder why Aus would be talking up a trade deal with UK ….
Old 08 February 2022, 05:25 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

[QUOTE=IdonthaveaScooby;12116905 and thus UK want you to believe that Russia are pure evil

[/QUOTE]
Youve got a short memory, what about the Novichoc in Salisbury.
Poisoning 3 killing 1 and not even the intended victim.
Then leaving the rest of it to be found.......
Old 08 February 2022, 05:51 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Gotta love Boris - the reason why he won't actually 'apologise' directly to Starmer about the Jimmy Savile accusations row (another week, another Boris Bashing) is because it is essentially true:

"In 2008, Starmer became Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) and Head of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), holding these roles until 2013.
On conclusion of his five-year term as Director of Public Prosecutions, he was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB) in the 2014 New Year Honours."

The allegations to Police about Jimmy Saville started in 2007, and again in 2008 - and the decision not to prosecute him was taken in 2009.... errrmmm..... on who's watch was that again?

Quick Reply: Boris to resign ?