Muslismismbollocks

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2022, 06:17 PM
Lozgti2
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Muslismismbollocks

Ok more political nonsense.

I am perhaps one of the fairest people on this earth. However the last 20 years in this country has finally made me spit my dummy out the pram.

if I was from a different country or indeed been born in another country, say that was not Christian, can’t see myself bloody moaning about it.All the time.

good god or allah, bloody stop whinging and suing everyone!
Old 23 January 2022, 06:42 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Uk has a history of invading muslim countries and forcing them to migrate other places , including here . Meanwhile were not allowed to talk about isreali expansion , on account its anti semitic ! look what happened to corbyn
The following users liked this post:
Old 24 January 2022, 10:29 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Whats happened. I try and stay away from the news.
Old 24 January 2022, 10:30 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A history of invading Muslim countries, Really!! How far back do you go to justify the absolute non sense we now have to endure in this pathetic trend in saying everything is racist or any other ist you can name. Always have to revert to Israel at any opportunity relevant or not.
Old 24 January 2022, 10:44 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

5 years, 10 years, 15 years................illegal wars and snooping for "weapons". Its not just one generation either (not that it makes it any better). And yes illegal settlements and occupation are happening.
Old 25 January 2022, 03:39 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Report finds Muslim communities among most discriminated against in UK.

British Muslims have been categorized as being one of the most discriminated communities across the UK, according to a new report on Islamophobia published on Monday.

The analysis by the University of Birmingham and data analysis firm YouGov discovered that the British public are more likely to hold discriminatory and negative views on Islam than on any other religion and a significant minority of this population hold incorrect and conspiratorial views on British Muslim communities.

The study revealed that the demographics of those most likely to hold such Islamophobic views and beliefs are among the elderly population, working-class, males, and those who voted to leave the EU as well as supporters of the Conservative Party under Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

“Prejudice towards Islam and Muslims stands out in the UK, not only because it is much more widespread than most forms of racism, but also because prejudice toward Islam is more common among those who are wealthier and well-educated,” said Stephen H. Jones, the lead author of the study.

“No one is calling for laws regulating criticism of religion, but we have to recognize that the British public has been systematically miseducated about Islamic tradition and take steps to remedy this,” Jones added.

According to the report, the non-Muslim British public is three times more likely to hold prejudiced views of Islam than they are of other faiths. Support for the prohibition of Muslim migration to the UK is 4-6% higher than it is for other religious and ethnic minority groups and British people are more confident in making incorrect judgments about Islam than other non-Christian faiths.

The report further finds that over one in four people hold conspiratorial views on the so-called "Sharia no-go areas." Some 26.5% agree that there are certain areas of the UK that operate under Sharia law and that non-Muslims are prohibited from entering. 36.3% agree that Islam threatens the British way of life. The vast majority of them are Tory and Brexit supporters.

Just over a quarter of the British public harbor negative views towards Muslims with 9.9% feeling “very negative” towards them. In comparison, only 8.5% of the public hold negative views for Jewish people, 6.4% for Black people, and 8.4% for other white people of different nationalities.

The study, however, found that people from middle and upper-class occupational groups are also more likely to hold prejudiced views against Muslims and Islamic beliefs. People from higher social groups are 4.8% more likely to view Islam as “literalistic,” without interpretation, than other lower social groups.

As well as reporting on the scale of Islamophobia in the UK, the report also offered various recommendations to combat and offer solutions to anti-Muslim discrimination, including the public acknowledgment of Islamophobia by the government and equally higher public institutions.

“Civil society organizations and equality bodies concerned with prejudice and discrimination should acknowledge that systemic miseducation about Islam is common in British society and forms an important element of Islamophobia.”

“Government and other public figures should publicly acknowledge and address the lack of public criticism that Islamophobic discourses and practices trigger, and how Islamophobia stands out compared with other forms of racism and prejudice.”

The publication of the report comes shortly after accusations were leveled against the Tory party after Muslim minister Nusrat Ghani was sacked due to her “Muslimness” making other ministers uncomfortable.
Old 25 January 2022, 03:47 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-sub
Report finds Muslim communities among most discriminated against in UK.

British Muslims have been categorized as being one of the most discriminated communities across the UK, according to a new report on Islamophobia published on Monday.

The analysis by the University of Birmingham and data analysis firm YouGov discovered that the British public are more likely to hold discriminatory and negative views on Islam than on any other religion and a significant minority of this population hold incorrect and conspiratorial views on British Muslim communities.

The study revealed that the demographics of those most likely to hold such Islamophobic views and beliefs are among the elderly population, working-class, males, and those who voted to leave the EU as well as supporters of the Conservative Party under Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

“Prejudice towards Islam and Muslims stands out in the UK, not only because it is much more widespread than most forms of racism, but also because prejudice toward Islam is more common among those who are wealthier and well-educated,” said Stephen H. Jones, the lead author of the study.

“No one is calling for laws regulating criticism of religion, but we have to recognize that the British public has been systematically miseducated about Islamic tradition and take steps to remedy this,” Jones added.

According to the report, the non-Muslim British public is three times more likely to hold prejudiced views of Islam than they are of other faiths. Support for the prohibition of Muslim migration to the UK is 4-6% higher than it is for other religious and ethnic minority groups and British people are more confident in making incorrect judgments about Islam than other non-Christian faiths.

The report further finds that over one in four people hold conspiratorial views on the so-called "Sharia no-go areas." Some 26.5% agree that there are certain areas of the UK that operate under Sharia law and that non-Muslims are prohibited from entering. 36.3% agree that Islam threatens the British way of life. The vast majority of them are Tory and Brexit supporters.

Just over a quarter of the British public harbor negative views towards Muslims with 9.9% feeling “very negative” towards them. In comparison, only 8.5% of the public hold negative views for Jewish people, 6.4% for Black people, and 8.4% for other white people of different nationalities.

The study, however, found that people from middle and upper-class occupational groups are also more likely to hold prejudiced views against Muslims and Islamic beliefs. People from higher social groups are 4.8% more likely to view Islam as “literalistic,” without interpretation, than other lower social groups.

As well as reporting on the scale of Islamophobia in the UK, the report also offered various recommendations to combat and offer solutions to anti-Muslim discrimination, including the public acknowledgment of Islamophobia by the government and equally higher public institutions.

“Civil society organizations and equality bodies concerned with prejudice and discrimination should acknowledge that systemic miseducation about Islam is common in British society and forms an important element of Islamophobia.”

“Government and other public figures should publicly acknowledge and address the lack of public criticism that Islamophobic discourses and practices trigger, and how Islamophobia stands out compared with other forms of racism and prejudice.”

The publication of the report comes shortly after accusations were leveled against the Tory party after Muslim minister Nusrat Ghani was sacked due to her “Muslimness” making other ministers uncomfortable.
No major surprises there, particularly that the vast majority of racists are Brext/Boris supporters!
The following 2 users liked this post by BMWhere?:
Old 25 January 2022, 04:09 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
No major surprises there, particularly that the vast majority of racists are Brext/Boris supporters!
Muslim/Islam is not a race it is a religion/ideoligy so you can not be racist towards them or it.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wurzel:
Old 25 January 2022, 05:19 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Muslim/Islam is not a race it is a religion/ideoligy so you can not be racist towards them or it.
You are of course correct, I should have written "racists/Islamaphobics"
Old 25 January 2022, 10:40 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I find it astonishing that people still follow religion. Imagine how much a nicer place the world would be if religion just disappeared into the vacuum of space.
I Think Islam does have the potential to be a threat to Western values. Its an ideology that's 1400 years out of date and I would say heavily enforced.
hopefully it will follow Christianity on the downward spiral and we can just crack on with the things that are actually important.

Old 26 January 2022, 01:35 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

True followers of all and any religions are not the problem

the problem are those who miss use it to justify Zionist expansion in the Middle East , with the backing of large lobbying groups American / Uk and Saudi money to perpetuate endless conflict
The following 2 users liked this post by IdonthaveaScooby:
Old 26 January 2022, 09:05 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by gazney101
I find it astonishing that people still follow religion. Imagine how much a nicer place the world would be if religion just disappeared into the vacuum of space.
I Think Islam does have the potential to be a threat to Western values. Its an ideology that's 1400 years out of date and I would say heavily enforced.
hopefully it will follow Christianity on the downward spiral and we can just crack on with the things that are actually important.
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Old 26 January 2022, 09:09 AM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby

the problem are those who miss use it to justify Zionist expansion in the Middle East , with the backing of large lobbying groups American / Uk and Saudi money to perpetuate endless conflict
Well, if people truly followed the bible we'd be in a world of slavery, rape, incest, genocide and bigotry, so perhaps the true followers are the problem! I'm not that familiar with the Quran, so couldn't comment on whether the worst we see from them is true or not, but that said, it is one of the Abrahamic religions, so everything nasty in the old testament, holds true for Muslims as well.

Essentially, it's people arguing over who's version of made up **** is better
Old 26 January 2022, 10:47 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Boring same old shi*
Old 26 January 2022, 10:49 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

No surprises there given the amount of terrorist incidents connected to Islamic fundementals around the world !
Old 26 January 2022, 12:19 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by idf101
No surprises there given the amount of terrorist incidents connected to Islamic fundementals around the world !
I've never had any direct impact from a Islamic terror attack, I have however twice been in cities (Preston and Manchester) as Catholic terror bomb attacks took place. Christians have been responsible for their fair share of terrorist attacks over the years and have certainly had more direct impact on my life than Islamic related terrorism. Its always important to keep things in context, as a Christian nation its easy to point the finger at Islamists while ignoring Christian terrorism - in reality, in either case, the bad eggs are very much in the minority with the majority not being fundamental or in any way involved in terrorism!
The following 2 users liked this post by BMWhere?:
Old 26 January 2022, 03:31 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Boring same old shi*
cos Its an ever present threat since the people behind it control the airwaves and nearly all the capital in the world
Old 26 January 2022, 07:49 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with second part but the first part I can't.
I can understand and sympathize with why people choose to believe in God because science can't disprove the existence of God but it can disprove the nonsense spouted by the prophets centuries ago. Nonsense that is perpetuated by true followers of all religions and forced down the throats of children and the cycle continues.

I believe religion was a useful tool in its time but that time has been and gone.
Old 27 January 2022, 09:55 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

I've never had any direct impact from a Islamic terror attack, I have however twice been in cities (Preston and Manchester) as Catholic terror bomb attacks took place. Christians have been responsible for their fair share of terrorist attacks over the years and have certainly had more direct impact on my life than Islamic related terrorism. Its always important to keep things in context, as a Christian nation its easy to point the finger at Islamists while ignoring Christian terrorism - in reality, in either case, the bad eggs are very much in the minority with the majority not being fundamental or in any way involved in terrorism!
I am assuming you refer to the Republican IRA campaign (Catholic???) which ended many years ago and although very sad for all of their victims and familys cannot compare with the world wide on-going terror attacks and threat to many nations posed by these people, also the amount of people killed far out weighs the IRAs death toll so cannot compare the end game of the IRA (United Ireland) with the extreme Islamic hope of a world wide control.
I accept and agree of course that not all Muslims are terrorists but it is true to say that the vast amount of terror attacks in the world today are carried out by followers of that religion however extreme that happens to be.
Old 27 January 2022, 10:39 AM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I am assuming you refer to the Republican IRA campaign (Catholic???) which ended many years ago and although very sad for all of their victims and familys cannot compare with the world wide on-going terror attacks and threat to many nations posed by these people, also the amount of people killed far out weighs the IRAs death toll so cannot compare the end game of the IRA (United Ireland) with the extreme Islamic hope of a world wide control.
I accept and agree of course that not all Muslims are terrorists but it is true to say that the vast amount of terror attacks in the world today are carried out by followers of that religion however extreme that happens to be.
I feel you’ve been a victim of the mainstream media even though there is a big problem with extremist Muslims, it’s been blown out of proportion by the MSM channels to suit their own narrative.

Far-right terrorism bigger threat to West than Islamic State – study

Global deaths from terrorism have fallen for a fifth consecutive year, according to the 2020 Global Terrorism Index, but far-right attacks have increased by 250% globally, to a level not seen in the last 50 years, with the pandemic likely to exacerbate the trend.

Deaths from terrorism fell by 15% around the world last year to under 14,000, a 59% decrease since 2014, according to the report issued by the Institute of Economics and Peace (IEP) on Wednesday (25 November).

It summarises global trends in terrorism and ranks countries in order of those most affected in terms of both casualties and economic costs in 2019.

The MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) recorded the largest regional improvement in terrorism for the second consecutive year, recording the lowest number of deaths since 2003, with this year’s pandemic likely to extend the trend.

The decrease was partly due to the collapse of Islamic State territories and the subsequent de-escalation of conflicts in the Middle East.

However, the number of far-right terrorist acts has risen by 250% since 2014. When it comes to fatalities, the increase was even more than 700% within five years, with 89 people killed in 2019.

There are now more right-wing attacks than at any other time in the past 50 years, with 13 far-right terrorist attacks that had each killed more than 10 people, compared to 24 Islamist attacks, and three linked to other ideologies, the report found.

“As a new decade begins, we see new terrorist threats. The rise in right-wing extremism in the West and the deterioration in the Sahel are prime examples,” said the Institute’s Executive Director Steve Killelea.

“As we enter a new decade we are seeing new threats of terrorism emerge. The rise of the far-right in the West and the deteriorations in the Sahel are prime examples,” he said.

Old 27 January 2022, 10:52 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

The numbers of mainly muslim innocents slaughtered by the attacks on iraq and afgahistan at the hands of mainly christain western totally outweigh any the rest , obvious to anyone

and the reason for extremist attacks worldwide

the west created these problems , funding and double crossing various factions to fight against the other

sickening

all in the name of resource grabbing

Last edited by IdonthaveaScooby; 27 January 2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old 28 January 2022, 10:49 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silver-sub
I feel you’ve been a victim of the mainstream media even though there is a big problem with extremist Muslims, it’s been blown out of proportion by the MSM channels to suit their own narrative.

Far-right terrorism bigger threat to West than Islamic State – study

Global deaths from terrorism have fallen for a fifth consecutive year, according to the 2020 Global Terrorism Index, but far-right attacks have increased by 250% globally, to a level not seen in the last 50 years, with the pandemic likely to exacerbate the trend.

Deaths from terrorism fell by 15% around the world last year to under 14,000, a 59% decrease since 2014, according to the report issued by the Institute of Economics and Peace (IEP) on Wednesday (25 November).

It summarises global trends in terrorism and ranks countries in order of those most affected in terms of both casualties and economic costs in 2019.

The MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) recorded the largest regional improvement in terrorism for the second consecutive year, recording the lowest number of deaths since 2003, with this year’s pandemic likely to extend the trend.

The decrease was partly due to the collapse of Islamic State territories and the subsequent de-escalation of conflicts in the Middle East.

However, the number of far-right terrorist acts has risen by 250% since 2014. When it comes to fatalities, the increase was even more than 700% within five years, with 89 people killed in 2019.

There are now more right-wing attacks than at any other time in the past 50 years, with 13 far-right terrorist attacks that had each killed more than 10 people, compared to 24 Islamist attacks, and three linked to other ideologies, the report found.

“As a new decade begins, we see new terrorist threats. The rise in right-wing extremism in the West and the deterioration in the Sahel are prime examples,” said the Institute’s Executive Director Steve Killelea.

“As we enter a new decade we are seeing new threats of terrorism emerge. The rise of the far-right in the West and the deteriorations in the Sahel are prime examples,” he said.
I feel i am not a sop to MSM and i am not condoning any form of terrorism , merely asking this regarding this post How many people have been killed/injured since 9/11 by radical Islamic organistions against numbers killed/injured by far right extreme organisations? I feel you will find a vast difference so by the very nature of risk how can the far right be more dangerous? Facts do not have feelings i an afraid.
Old 28 January 2022, 10:53 AM
idf101
Scooby Regular

The numbers of mainly muslim innocents slaughtered by the attacks on iraq and afgahistan at the hands of mainly christain western totally outweigh any the rest , obvious to anyone

and the reason for extremist attacks worldwide

the west created these problems , funding and double crossing various factions to fight against the other

sickening

all in the name of resource grabbing
You of course during yet another rant forget to mention how many innocent Muslims have been killed by other Muslims in these countries as well as many more? But this will not suit your narrative will it?
Old 28 January 2022, 11:47 AM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Should just ban all public displays of religion...... sorted 👍
Old 28 January 2022, 01:37 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

You of course during yet another rant forget to mention how many innocent Muslims have been killed by other Muslims in these countries as well as many more? But this will not suit your narrative will it?
What narrative ?
Old 28 January 2022, 02:43 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

With a user name like this maybe you’re a beneficiary of one those 55 thousand stolen homes

Suddenly popped up out of nowhere on contribute to this thread
Old 29 January 2022, 11:00 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

With a user name like this maybe you’re a beneficiary of one those 55 thousand stolen homes

Suddenly popped up out of nowhere on contribute to this thread
He's entirely right though, statistically the biggest victims of Islamic fundamentalists have overwhelmingly been other Muslims.
Old 29 January 2022, 01:30 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Its how you cut the data and it seems you keep moving the goal posts. Fundamentalists have killed Muslims but so have drone strikes. The fundamentalists were funded by the CIA.
Old 30 January 2022, 11:48 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
Its how you cut the data and it seems you keep moving the goal posts. Fundamentalists have killed Muslims but so have drone strikes. The fundamentalists were funded by the CIA.
"The fundamentalists" LOL, because there's only ever been one group of them.
Old 31 January 2022, 10:22 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Where did I say there was just one group I'm putting them into a category as you and many others have used the word fundamentalists. Like I said the CIA have funded them and many other groups around the world. You might want to look into the destabilisation tactics used the US Government.

Quick Reply: Muslismismbollocks