Opinions on Test and Trace

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2020, 12:24 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Opinions on Test and Trace

I know someone who has tested positive for covid

I also know their general movements and who they’ve probably been in close contact with in the time frames (2days prior to symptom, 10days after according .gov).

I also know that those people that have been in close contact with the covid positive person have not been contacted by test and trace (and they are worried about it...caring for parents in old age, going to work etc.).

So I’m sat here wondering...

Did the covid positive person not give test and trace full details of who and where they’ve been? Be it being forgetful or lying.

OR

Is test and trace just being shyte at contacting people (serco so, yeah).

Apparently £1000+ fine for lying to test and trace...I‘m wondering if I should give the covid positive person a prod and get them to cough up on their whereabouts (pun intended).

Old 13 November 2020, 01:45 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Far as i can see the system here was only ever a pretence / sham , we lost it right at the beginning with that brighton geezer and gave up thereafter

constructive government incompetance or data privacy ..?

theyve had no cases in Victoria Aus for days and no deaths
Old 13 November 2020, 02:02 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

My son tested positive, he had been in contact with us a few days before getting the results. He only went to get tested, more out of interest that a friend of friend tested positive a week earlier. He hadn't been in direct contact.

He and his flatmates all went, they all came back positive. So he, his flatmates went into isolation and we had to, aswell. We subsequently tested negative.

The NHS app didn't warn us that we had been in close contact with someone tested positive.

My son and his mates all had very minor symptoms, almost asymptomatic.

Last edited by andy97; 13 November 2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 13 November 2020, 03:08 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Wasn’t really talking about the app (as that’s a dead duck...like the French’s app) , more so the manual verbal/sms/email tracing teams mentioned here....

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...r-coronavirus/

From what I gather, if they don’t contact you or tell you to isolate then the assumption is there is no need to isolate.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test...e-how-it-works
  • if you have had close recent contact with someone who has coronavirus, you must self-isolate if NHS Test and Trace advises you to do so”

Non of the guidance mentions of knowing you’ve been in close contact with a positive carrier but not been informed by test and trace.

Sure common sense says isolate anyway, but the guidance doesn’t mention this.
Old 13 November 2020, 05:51 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Wasn’t really talking about the app (as that’s a dead duck...like the French’s app) , more so the manual verbal/sms/email tracing teams mentioned here....

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...r-coronavirus/

From what I gather, if they don’t contact you or tell you to isolate then the assumption is there is no need to isolate.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test...e-how-it-works
  • if you have had close recent contact with someone who has coronavirus, you must self-isolate if NHS Test and Trace advises you to do so”

Non of the guidance mentions of knowing you’ve been in close contact with a positive carrier but not been informed by test and trace.

Sure common sense says isolate anyway, but the guidance doesn’t mention this.

We used the common sense approach, given we help some elderly neighbours.
Old 14 November 2020, 12:49 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

the people who will moan about track and trace will have moaned if the gov did nothing, they couldnt win no matter what.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tidgy:
Old 14 November 2020, 10:33 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Default Interesting

Old 14 November 2020, 06:09 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I saw recently that it was only a few weeks ago that the setting on the app were switched from test mode to active. This is why it wasn't updating anyone.

On a side note I know a lady who works in a care home. She has to be tested weekly and on a friday she had got her results even before being tested that week!
Old 14 November 2020, 06:12 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

remember when they said MMR jab cause autism? turned out top be total bollox and now we have issues becuase people stopped getting vacinated.