Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Black man down and riots

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2020, 12:52 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Black man down and riots

Surely to god this skin thing will stop one day.

'black man' 'white man'. So exactly what is the difference?

Muslim woman, Christian woman, woman, women who follows Buddah. What is the difference?

Never seen anyone in my whole life I have discriminated against or thought they were different to me. Black ,white, Asian,Muslim, Jew, Christian etc All my friends

Everyone is the same to me. No creed no colour. WTF is wrong with people STILL!!

Last edited by lozgti1; 31 May 2020 at 12:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lozgti1:
Old 31 May 2020, 12:58 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

To all those who are going through this. So Sorry. That policeman deserves all he gets
Old 31 May 2020, 01:01 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

And I cannot see how the colour of my skin (dark at the lockdown) makes me a different man to the bloke next door. Yes I am very angry
The following users liked this post:
Old 31 May 2020, 01:37 PM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Always Racist?

The two recent incidents involving black men who died (The other being the shooting of the guy jogging) are of course tragic and the people involved must be held accountable, my question is were they racially motivated? Is there any evidence of this other than a white man killing or causing the death of a black man?
A white homeless man was killed by a police officer whilst being arrested last week yet no outcry to this, is it because it was white on white and therefore not news worthy? Of course there have been racist killings in the US involving both the police and public alike my point is though i am far from convinced that every black persons death involving a white person as the perpetrator is racially motivated.
Just as an aside it is always noticeable that how shocked and outraged some people are when events like this happen it leads them to looting shops and homes!
Old 31 May 2020, 01:40 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Theyve bee very slow.....to prosecute policemen in the past - thats been disastrous to society

and the women in the park who wanted to report "black guy " attacking her in the park for asking her to put her dog on the leash , just shows how undeveloped USA really is

sad
Old 31 May 2020, 10:01 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Meanwhile all the way over in London....I wonder if there will be another spike in virus outbreaks in 14days time....

Didn’t realise the UK was in the USA
The following 2 users liked this post by ALi-B:
Old 31 May 2020, 10:15 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

FWIW I was in LA a week before this lot started kicking off: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

Hollywood was pretty dire back then....I was stopping in a Holiday Inn a short walk off Hollywood Boulevard. NOBODY walked anywhere, except drunks and vagrants. There was a liquor store opposite, and when walking out of the hotel three Cops had a gang of ten or so people lined up against the wall held at gun point....we walked back inside and called a taxi.

Apparently it’s improved, well maybe for tourists. Probably not if your Afro-American.
Old 31 May 2020, 11:29 PM
Russell38
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Meanwhile all the way over in London....I wonder if there will be another spike in virus outbreaks in 14days time....

Didn’t realise the UK was in the USA
The safe distancing looks poor to say the least
Old 01 June 2020, 07:02 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by lozgti1
And I cannot see how the colour of my skin (dark at the lockdown) makes me a different man to the bloke next door. Yes I am very angry
Don't care if your green, blue, black or purple being black is like a circle !
Old 01 June 2020, 07:05 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i do find it interesting how social media are condeming the office despite the coroner, the person who actualy has facts instead of what yer mate dave said on fb, saying he didnt die of asphixiation. Plus the position the guy was put in was part of the prcodeial hand book.

There is also been mention of substances in his blood stream and a heart condition.

Remember the riots in totenham for the angel police shot and killed? o wait he was a gang leader and had just been and bought a gun.

Lets wait for facts not speculation and amature opinion
The following 2 users liked this post by Tidgy:
Old 01 June 2020, 07:34 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Kneeling on someones neck for 6 minutes , for what ?
Old 01 June 2020, 08:47 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

The police officer has had 16 previous complaints. He's even killed a black man in the past.
I think this clip from the NYT sums it up.

Old 02 June 2020, 10:02 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

What is really disgusting with this incident is the officer continued to kneel on the guys neck long after he was clearly unconscious! Despite calls from the people watching to check his pulse, he did nothing!

For me though, this isn't just an issue of white cop killing a black guy, its about the endemic racism which exists in the USA. Incidents like this are merely are reflection of a much bigger problem of racial segregation and social injustice.

The details and the facts of this one case are pretty irrelevant. The fact that these incidents continue to happen and justice is rarely served and nothing changes is the reason for the protests. Perhaps this is the final catalyst for change, but sadly I doubt it! The fact that Trump is condemning these generally peaceful protests and using maximum force to suppress them, yet at the same time is encouraging armed protests against Corona restrictions really tells you a lot about the USA and its priorities!
Old 02 June 2020, 10:56 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Could Twitter just ban Trump
Old 02 June 2020, 05:44 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
Could Twitter just ban Trump

They state that it’s in the public interest to not ban him and cite that part of its mission is to allow people to "engage their leaders directly."

Meh! Cummings made better excuses

Of course they’d probably change their mind if enough users and advertisers boycotted it and killed their revenue stream.

I’ve never used it, just viewed anonymously via private browser.
Old 02 June 2020, 08:18 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
i do find it interesting how social media are condeming the office despite the coroner, the person who actualy has facts instead of what yer mate dave said on fb, saying he didnt die of asphixiation. Plus the position the guy was put in was part of the prcodeial hand book.

There is also been mention of substances in his blood stream and a heart condition.

Remember the riots in totenham for the angel police shot and killed? o wait he was a gang leader and had just been and bought a gun.

Lets wait for facts not speculation and amature opinion
This is such a joke - a separate autopsy was carried out showing that of course it was the guy kneeling on his neck for 8 mins which caused the death (even if he had some pre-existing conditions).

The original autopsy really was trying to blame other ailments but the fact is that he would not have died if there had not been a cop using a restraining method which was not in any way SOP.

There is no - 'John down the street said' about this one - a cop killed this man and it happens far too often.

Last edited by Torquemada; 02 June 2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02 June 2020, 08:27 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
What is really disgusting with this incident is the officer continued to kneel on the guys neck long after he was clearly unconscious! Despite calls from the people watching to check his pulse, he did nothing!

For me though, this isn't just an issue of white cop killing a black guy, its about the endemic racism which exists in the USA. Incidents like this are merely are reflection of a much bigger problem of racial segregation and social injustice.

The details and the facts of this one case are pretty irrelevant. The fact that these incidents continue to happen and justice is rarely served and nothing changes is the reason for the protests. Perhaps this is the final catalyst for change, but sadly I doubt it! The fact that Trump is condemning these generally peaceful protests and using maximum force to suppress them, yet at the same time is encouraging armed protests against Corona restrictions really tells you a lot about the USA and its priorities!
Exactly - that fact that the president has ordered the military to be used against US citizens is unreal.

We're on curfew in downtown Dallas (where my office is) - 7pm to 6m curfew. Glad I am on lockdown at home but now there are some rumors about trouble makers, who don't really care about the true reasons for the protests, going and attacking peoples homes as well - we've been advised to put our cars in our garages (which we have).

I know people who have been out peacefully protesting.
The governors and the president are pushing the police to be more violent and stamp their domination on people and, guess what? Police are being insanely over the top with their use of force. It's a mess out her right now.

And I still don't have a gun....(might be a good thing but I am not sure)
Old 03 June 2020, 10:25 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torquemada
This is such a joke - a separate autopsy was carried out showing that of course it was the guy kneeling on his neck for 8 mins which caused the death (even if he had some pre-existing conditions).

The original autopsy really was trying to blame other ailments but the fact is that he would not have died if there had not been a cop using a restraining method which was not in any way SOP.

There is no - 'John down the street said' about this one - a cop killed this man and it happens far too often.
an autopsy comissioned by the family, done by someone whos conclusions in the past has been questioned by his piers?

The positions is part of the manual, so i think you need to step away and go and find info not on facebook. 'The manual of the Minneapolis Police Department states that neck restraints and chokeholds are basically reserved for when an officer feels caught in a life-or-death situation.' correctly or incorrectly used is for experts to decide.

Im not saying the policeman was right or wrong, i'm saying a jurry should decide not social media, non of us on here know about the subject as we are not experts.
Old 03 June 2020, 10:57 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Isnt this the problem in nutshell across the country , he might or might not get convicted after 17 complaints

in North Carolina ( where my old man emigrated to ) you can be fully paid up cop in 4 months
Old 03 June 2020, 11:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
Isnt this the problem in nutshell across the country , he might or might not get convicted after 17 complaints

in North Carolina ( where my old man emigrated to ) you can be fully paid up cop in 4 months
problem is complaints get thrown around like speeding tickets, could be a sign the cop is good at their job. Criminals don;t exactly turn around and say fair cop very often i bet lol
Old 04 June 2020, 01:42 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

problem is complaints get thrown around like speeding tickets, could be a sign the cop is good at their job. Criminals don;t exactly turn around and say fair cop very often i bet lol
Wow, you're trying everything you can to justify this.
Old 04 June 2020, 02:28 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

an autopsy comissioned by the family, done by someone whos conclusions in the past has been questioned by his piers?

The positions is part of the manual, so i think you need to step away and go and find info not on facebook. 'The manual of the Minneapolis Police Department states that neck restraints and chokeholds are basically reserved for when an officer feels caught in a life-or-death situation.' correctly or incorrectly used is for experts to decide.

Im not saying the policeman was right or wrong, i'm saying a jurry should decide not social media, non of us on here know about the subject as we are not experts.
People are allowed to have opinions and they may very well be correct.

No, it was not sop to kneel on a suspects neck for 8 mins. Don't pull that one. You can restrain by kneeling on shoulder or back and if the knee moves to the neck the officer involved is supposed to reposition. Choke holds can be used, but not to kill. There is a duty of care, even for criminals.

He was not violently resisting or posing a threat.

All the officers involved have been arrested. They have a terrible prosecution rate there for this type of thing, especially in that area, though.

No random member of the public is able to pass official judgement resulting in prosecution of the officers involved; no one ever claimed that.

The facts are that kneeling on a person's neck for 8 minutes, not trying to take any care of the person in police custody and actively causing injury when not under threat are against all police oaths and procedures in the US. This guy clearly broke those oaths and procedures.

Are you saying it's ok to kneel on a person's neck for 8 minutes as a person slowly fades away, whimpers for their mother then goes silent? Are you saying it's ok to do that and not even check if they are OK?

This weird justification of what are clearly indefensible actions is mind boggling. Even other cops are saying the guy was in the wrong!
Old 04 June 2020, 08:11 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Wow, you're trying everything you can to justify this.
Tidgy, stop now and think what you are writing.
Old 04 June 2020, 02:14 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

George lloyd has previous for drugs
and pointing a gun at a pregnant woman black women and beating them
a scumbag
Karma? who knows

Last edited by RAGGY DOO; 04 June 2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04 June 2020, 02:23 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

I am thinking what in writing, I dont know the full picture and am it an expert. So I will wait for a court of law to decide. But if you guys wanna say I'm wrong for wanting to have a fair trial and just wanna call him guilty cos you think you know what happened from 10000 miles away then you crack on.

But as insaid, just remember Tottenham, things turned out to be very different from social media reported.
Old 04 June 2020, 02:42 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

I am thinking what in writing, I dont know the full picture and am it an expert. So I will wait for a court of law to decide. But if you guys wanna say I'm wrong for wanting to have a fair trial and just wanna call him guilty cos you think you know what happened from 10000 miles away then you crack on.

But as insaid, just remember Tottenham, things turned out to be very different from social media reported.
​​​​
I'm not 10,000 miles away.

You are comparing apples to oranges with your example. It's really pretty gross....
Old 04 June 2020, 02:51 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

We do like to jump on the bandwagon these days, don’t we? At least with the LA riots they waited until after the court acquittal.

From what I read, the reason for arrest seems odd. I doubt the UK police would even bother to show up!

The big question I am yet to see asked is that this dude was a man mountain. Would he have been pinned down in that manner if he was a little scrawny fella?

Last edited by ALi-B; 04 June 2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04 June 2020, 03:16 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

​​​​
I'm not 10,000 miles away.

You are comparing apples to oranges with your example. It's really pretty gross....
Actualy it's not at all, video came out, people prejudged without knowing the full facts or ful picture, riotes kicked off, innocent people lives got ruined by the protests when their shops were burnt and looted,,,,, then over the next year the full picture came out.

So far it's exactly the same, vid, riots, looting without knowing the full facts.

O I'm sorry I didnt realise you were a witness to the event. How about you tell us what happened before the vid and fill us in on who he was, his criminal, if any, history etc etc

As I've said, I dint know the facts, I'm waiting for a jury with those facts to decide.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tidgy:
Old 04 June 2020, 04:14 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Actualy it's not at all, video came out, people prejudged without knowing the full facts or ful picture, riotes kicked off, innocent people lives got ruined by the protests when their shops were burnt and looted,,,,, then over the next year the full picture came out.

So far it's exactly the same, vid, riots, looting without knowing the full facts.

O I'm sorry I didnt realise you were a witness to the event. How about you tell us what happened before the vid and fill us in on who he was, his criminal, if any, history etc etc

As I've said, I dint know the facts, I'm waiting for a jury with those facts to decide.
Don't be so f@cking obtuse. Your opinion on this matter is clearly tainted.
Old 04 June 2020, 04:21 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

We are the witnessess , some body took a video!

does any previous really excuse this / make any difference

Quick Reply: Black man down and riots