Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fed Ex: avoid.

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2018, 09:01 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Fed Ex: avoid.

Ordered a car cover form ebay. It arrived when I was at hospital visiting my poor wife.

So I went online and rearranged the delivery for the Friday, which was the next day I'd be at home all day. No delivery.

Rang on Monday, got some silly Asian woman, difficult to understand, who INSISTED it MUST cvome the next day. I wanted Wednesday.
So we decided that it would come Tuesday, but be left in a safe place, and if the driver took it back, delivered Wednesday.

Guess what? NOT left in a safe place and NOT delivered Wednesday. In the end I went and picked it up from the depot myself.

What a shower.
Old 21 September 2018, 09:11 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Dpd is my preferred haulier/ parcel delivery. They keep you updated and give an hour slot when parcel will be delivered, or re arrange address or time.
Old 21 September 2018, 12:13 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Here in Germany, DHL are by far the best, they have automated package stations which you can get stuff delivered to instead of your private address. If you do deliver to your home and you're not in, then just leave it at your local post office for collection.

Most other delivery companies, such as DPD, have arrangements with local shops (often 24h petrol stations), where they will drop off if they can't deliver at your home address. You can also send packages at these locations.

UPS are probably the least convenient on the whole, but as their depot is only 1km down the road from me and are open until 8pm, they're actually a really great option for me

Store deliveries on the other hand are a real PITA in comparison to the UK, you may get an AM or PM slot if you're lucky, but mostly just a date, while in the UK, they'll often give you a one or two hour slot! Its no wonder nearly everyone in Germany has a trailer rather than relying on store deliveries!
Old 21 September 2018, 12:28 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There is a network of white van man deliveries to local places in France. They have set up since the La Poste service for parcels, Coleos, is incredibly expensive.
Old 25 September 2018, 07:15 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Made a whole topic on which is best courier a while ago. To be fair had problem with all of them. Thing is you can't write off a company when it boils down to individual error. Remember I bought a load of car parts from abroad years ago and DHL sent me import duty invoices over 6 months later. So angry amounted to an insane about, and a few bills tried to charge me twice months later. What a mess that was trying to prove I've already paid.
Old 25 September 2018, 08:38 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd rather Fed Ex, over the likes of Herpes and NoDel.