Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Free mot valid for a year

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2018, 01:40 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Free mot valid for a year

At halfords they are doing buy anything and get a free mot.

now an mot should be the same no matter where you go so its a win win.

ideal for the wifes jazz that unfortunatly just passed its mot with no avisories but as its valid for a year its all good.

and even if they fail it I can always take it to my trusted mechanic where it costs me £45.

so hurry down ans buy and air freshner.
Old 13 September 2018, 04:19 PM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This would be a spratt to catch a mackerel , MOTs are quite often based on the fitters opinion example being disc brake wear as there is no fixed tolerance failure by measure like tyres for instance it would be if the fitter determines if they are worn too thin, guess what the guys at Halfrauds would think!!
Worn ball joints or split gators are other favourites as well so if you have the time i agree with the OP as you just go somewhere else i suspect a lot of people however would just get the work done there hence the "Special offer".
Old 13 September 2018, 04:28 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by idf101
This would be a spratt to catch a mackerel , MOTs are quite often based on the fitters opinion example being disc brake wear as there is no fixed tolerance failure by measure like tyres for instance it would be if the fitter determines if they are worn too thin, guess what the guys at Halfrauds would think!!
Worn ball joints or split gators are other favourites as well so if you have the time i agree with the OP as you just go somewhere else i suspect a lot of people however would just get the work done there hence the "Special offer".
You'd still have to pay for a re-test though! If you do another free-test at Halfords, I'm sure they could find something new wrong with it. Your local garage would probably just pass it first time anyway unless there really is something wrong with it, so save yourself the air freshener and just get it done at a reliable garage that you trust!
Old 13 September 2018, 05:03 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
You'd still have to pay for a re-test though! If you do another free-test at Halfords, I'm sure they could find something new wrong with it. Your local garage would probably just pass it first time anyway unless there really is something wrong with it, so save yourself the air freshener and just get it done at a reliable garage that you trust!
you get a free retest within 7 days. 🤔 and if the works came in at less then my mechanics I.e a bulb for £7 as £45 for the rest I’d probably get it done as it’s still cheaper.

hell im going for the free test. I’ll update you in a year
Old 13 September 2018, 09:20 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck.