Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lincoln Christmas market: cancelled!

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2017, 09:31 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Lincoln Christmas market: cancelled!

Due to the Metoffice imbeciles, who forecast heavy snow for the Sunday.
Everyone (Lincoln City Council) panicked, and cancelled the last day with about 80,000 slated to turn up.

Loads of stuff had to be chucked, stallholders lost money.

How long do we keep paying the idiots at the MetOffice? How long before there is some form of punitive measures in place for such cr@p work?

TBH, in virtually ANY other line of work, they'd be OUT of work by now.

Not fit for purpose.
Old 11 December 2017, 06:35 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

This is the same council that wouldn't let Guy Martin take his replica MKIV tank in to the centre for remembrance. Maybe they thought the cobbles would be too slippy (salt just fall into the joints).

I was there in Saturday, and headed home Sunday. It was fine; I checked the radar and basically there was a hole of clear weather over Lincoln, most of it went over Warrickshire. So all that fell was a tiny flurry in the mid morning compared to the south west Midlands where we've had over 6 inches (I spent all morning ploughing the car park ; Good exercise).

Now don't start me on the state of the driving on the motorways; 2 lanes clear, lane 3 full of slush. Loads of middle lane hogs (with rear fogs on in perfect visibility ), lane 1 empty, the "I've got a 4x4" brigade getting frustrated (understandably), decides to over take in lane three at 50+ mph (lunacy), 4x4 starts to aquaplane in the slush, 4x4 drifts, driver shats themselves and brakes making the slide worse, middle lane also shat themselves so then you get a domino of brake lights as everyone slams on.... Meanwhile Lane one still empty, except for me who has no choice but to either come to a total halt or undertake.

This happened at least five times!

What is so wrong with lane 1 on motorways that makes idiots not use it when there is zero traffic in that lane?

Last edited by ALi-B; 11 December 2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12 December 2017, 11:25 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It's the slow lane...and they aren't slow?

We have adverts about anti-biotics now, maybe it's taime to bring back a few public service ads for drivers.