Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What are your thoughts on 6th sense/esp

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2017, 01:30 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default What are your thoughts on 6th sense/esp

After some recent weird **** going on in my life, I am curious to know what people's thoughts are on the subject.
I'm not religious, but don't believe it has anything to do with religion anyway, and don't consider myself spiritual either, but know people that seem to have some sort of extra sensual perception.

Anyone got any thoughts, experiences?
Old 04 December 2017, 01:36 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

As for actual esp in the classic sense, I don't go for it. However, quantum entanglement proves that things can have an effect over large distances, so that may mean people experience sensations, and then interpret that as them sensing something, as opposed to them actually sensing it.

Or, it's all bollocks
Old 04 December 2017, 01:55 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew this was going to be posted......

d
Old 04 December 2017, 02:06 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

I knew that would be posted too
Old 04 December 2017, 02:20 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I definitely do - I sit in stationary traffic a lot on the M6 - I can sit in Lane 4 - and look at someone parallel in Lane 1 and within seconds they will notice and look back - how do they do that? - that's 30 odd ft away between 4 cars - but I guarantee they will notice... I do it now as it sort of intrigues and freaks me out - that's a definite perception that you sense that someone is looking at you.... it works even when your moving generally too...
Old 04 December 2017, 02:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Girlfriend regularly foresees events from nights dreaming .
Of course you could say a lot of stuff is open to interpretation !
Old 04 December 2017, 02:29 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
I definitely do - I sit in stationary traffic a lot on the M6 - I can sit in Lane 4 - and look at someone parallel in Lane 1 and within seconds they will notice and look back - how do they do that? - that's 30 odd ft away between 4 cars - but I guarantee they will notice... I do it now as it sort of intrigues and freaks me out - that's a definite perception that you sense that someone is looking at you.... it works even when your moving generally too...

Try it without turning your face to look at them: that's the giveaway
Old 04 December 2017, 02:33 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Yes I think that happen to a lot of people. Although the 'events' I have experienced, or people around me have, involve spirits from the afterlife, and about four people known to me both living and dead in some way involved. Each of the four people have very similar character traits, and one or more of the five actual senses are hightened in each of these persons.
Old 04 December 2017, 02:36 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
This is where de ja Vue comes from. My wife gets them a lot, is a light sleeper and remembers a lot of dreams. I used to get them when little, but since early teens I have not been able to remember any, or hardly any dreams so don't get de ja vues any more
Old 04 December 2017, 03:06 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Here's a calculation for you to illustrate why foretelling stuff from dreams is nothing unusual..... It's a bit out of date now, but it's good enough.

An example of the odds for dreaming of a friends death the day before it happens - 55 million people living an average of 70 years and experiencing one friend's death dream per lifetime, and then factor in a national death rate of 2000 every 24 hours, you will have an accurate death dream in the UK every two weeks. Imagine if they were all reported in the news? It would seem like we are a nation of psychics! However, as you can see, it's pure chance. It's human nature to recall interesting stories, things that seem out of the ordinary, so accurate dreams stick out in your mind, whereas the countless dreams people have about their friends dying and then living happily on are quickly forgotten.

It's like when someone rings you when you think about them, but you neglect to note down the times you think about them but they don't ring you, or conversely, they ring you when you are not thinking about them!
Old 04 December 2017, 03:11 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
maybe you just look odd
Old 04 December 2017, 03:17 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji
Here's a calculation for you to illustrate why foretelling stuff from dreams is nothing unusual..... It's a bit out of date now, but it's good enough.

An example of the odds for dreaming of a friends death the day before it happens - 55 million people living an average of 70 years and experiencing one friend's death dream per lifetime, and then factor in a national death rate of 2000 every 24 hours, you will have an accurate death dream in the UK every two weeks. Imagine if they were all reported in the news? It would seem like we are a nation of psychics! However, as you can see, it's pure chance. It's human nature to recall interesting stories, things that seem out of the ordinary, so accurate dreams stick out in your mind, whereas the countless dreams people have about their friends dying and then living happily on are quickly forgotten.

It's like when someone rings you when you think about them, but you neglect to note down the times you think about them but they don't ring you, or conversely, they ring you when you are not thinking about them!
yes, a lot of people can't grasp "chance" tbh

the mistake they make is working backwards and simply saying "what are the chances"

but as we know improbable things happen all the time. In short: "improbability" does not imply "impossibility."

Take a standard pack of cards, shuffle and spread the cards in a line. Look at them and record the results. Assuming an ideally random shuffle, the probability of a card sequence dealt in this exact order is...

1 in 80658175170943878571660636856403766975289505440883 277824000000000000

"impossible" odds - yet you just dealt them

Improbable things happen, all the time

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 04 December 2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04 December 2017, 05:00 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
maybe you just look odd
Yep - that's a definite possibility! hahahaha
Old 04 December 2017, 08:41 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Most children are taught that the human body has five senses: sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. But many neurologists identify nine or more senses, and some list as many as 21.

The sense of touch is actually several "somatic" senses, including perception of pressure, heat, and pain, and there are also a variety of interoceptive senses, which analyze information that originates from within the body.

Interoceptive senses include balance (the sense of the body's alignment), the organic sense (the sense of internal condition, such as hunger or thirst), and proprioception (the brain's knowledge of relative positions of body parts).

Proprioception is the sense that is actually tested by walk-the-line or finger-to-nose sobriety tests.

Loss of proprioception, a rare disorder, can cause lack of coordination, and eventual complete lack of awareness of the body. It causes a disembodied feeling, as if the mind and body had separated.
Old 04 December 2017, 09:12 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Interesting you mention the organic sense, relating to internal condition, as this seems one of the senses more heightened in the people I mentioned earlier. Seem to have a clearer understanding of what their bodies tell them than most, as in not just the basics like hunger and thirst etc.
Also, at least two of them have a very sensitive sense of smell. It is widely suggested that dogs have a sixth sense, and we know that dogs have a much higher sensitivity when it comes to smell. Whether this is relative I don't know.
Old 04 December 2017, 09:32 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Anyone experienced this?

I did. Once. Was slumbering in bed one afternoon, facing downwards. Out of nowhere it felt like someone's weight was fully on my back, holding me down. I couldn't move. It prob lasted no more than 10 seconds.

But boy, was I **** scared: the classic fear of the unknown.

The most scary experience of my life to date.

Last edited by joz8968; 04 December 2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04 December 2017, 09:36 PM
Reinhold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

Anyone experienced this.

I did. Once. Was slumbering in bed one afternoon, facing downwards. Out of nowhere it felt like someone's weight was fully on my back, holding me down. I couldn't move. It prob lasted no more than 10 seconds.

I used to get this when I was away at school only it lasted longer
Old 04 December 2017, 09:37 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

Anyone experienced this.

Sounds like you were **** raped by somebody who suffers from premature ejaculation

Old 04 December 2017, 09:41 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Old 04 December 2017, 09:42 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reinhold

When it happened the first time, were you not freaked out?
Old 05 December 2017, 08:04 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

This sounds like public school abuse!
Old 05 December 2017, 10:24 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A Catholic Boarding School?

Licensed to bum!
Old 05 December 2017, 11:21 AM
Reinhold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
A Catholic Boarding School?

Licensed to bum!

It was not a Catholic one, no. But the sprogs often had a tough time of it.
Old 05 December 2017, 04:52 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
This is where de ja Vue comes from. My wife gets them a lot, is a light sleeper and remembers a lot of dreams. I used to get them when little, but since early teens I have not been able to remember any, or hardly any dreams so don't get de ja vues any more
Yeah,it's called marriage..
Old 15 December 2017, 03:08 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I have done the following on more than one occasion:
I'll randomly think of someone that I've not seen or heard from in years and will then see them within a day or two. Once I'd put it down to coincidence but I've done it a few times now. I just cannot explain that.
Old 15 December 2017, 04:04 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I'll randomly think of someone that I've not seen or heard from in years and will then see them within a day or two. Once I'd put it down to coincidence but I've done it a few times now. I just cannot explain that.
See my earlier post on this type of thing
Old 16 December 2017, 03:03 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
Wednesday a fortnight ago I drove past a house where I've done a few jobs for the people that live there. I drive past probably half a dozen times a week, every week and this particular time I thought to myself, I haven't heard from him for a while (about a year, and I had never thought that before). I had nothing to do on the Friday.
He phoned and left answerphone message about a few jobs that needed doing, on the Thursday . . . A bit freaky but handy none the less!
Old 17 December 2017, 02:51 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

everyday this week at work i have seen a robin, and yesterday it came in the warehouse, when i got home from work my wife had found a photo album of my mum n dads wedding while clearing out our walk in wardrobe, we have been looking for it on and off since my mum passed 7 years ago, they say a robin is a sign of a dead relative looking over you