Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

You thought it was great at the time.lol

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2017, 10:23 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default You thought it was great at the time.lol

Just watched an old A team. Utterly rubbish Thought it was brilliant as a kid.

Just made a note Quadrophenia on shortly. Thought it was brilliant when watched it in the 80's (despite being a rocker). We will see!

Mind you (again despite loving AC/DC and the like). Just watched breakdance again .Still a great soundtrack
Old 02 September 2017, 03:43 AM
guinnessman2001
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The A Team was typical American garbage from the start.

As a kid I had friends who raved about it, but I always thought it was pure fertiliser.

Four hammy actors in a van chasing, and keeping up with a Ferrari, whilst firing machine guns that never hit anything.

Repeats of Thunderbirds were more watchable!
Old 02 September 2017, 07:32 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The A Team was my favourite programme in the world when I was a kid, so my mum tells me. Don't think I could watch it now, it does look a bit cringy.
Old 02 September 2017, 07:45 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Magnum pi. ?
Old 02 September 2017, 11:14 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used to love Topcat. I'll have to check it out as I reckon it would still be a great watch.

Office Dribble.

David
Old 02 September 2017, 12:14 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

The A Team was great when you were a kid.

The Baddies always locked them in a barn with enough junk to build themselves a Tank. Stupid Baddies !!!!

It did start getting stupid toward the end though. I remember a Helicopter flying into the side of a cliff. It exploded and fell to the ground. Yet the 2 Baddies emerged unscathed, and adjusted their ties to suit.

I much preferred Knight Rider, and even more Airwolf. With Airwolf, String Fellow Hawk didn't **** around. You a Baddy? You getting your @rse blown to bits !!
Old 02 September 2017, 01:03 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i loved the six million dollar man as a kid, i even had the action figure with bionic arm and bionic eye which you could actually look through from the back of his head! looking back the enemies were soooooooooo bad! bigfoot was truly awful, he was played by andre the giant ( the american wrestler) and looked like chewbacca,s ugly big brother. maskatron, a robot who could change his face masks, and the utterly ridiculous probe. better still he managed to get his squeeze at the time lindsey wagner a spin off show, the bionic woman. her enemy was "fembot" who unimaginatively was just a female version of "maskatron" and could change faces in the same way. so bad it was good tho!
Old 02 September 2017, 11:48 PM
SouthWalesSam
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought Thunderbirds was the ultimate in nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat, suspenseful excitement.

Watched an episode with the kids some decades later. They wouldn't even give the series a look. "Nah, they're just puppets.", they said.

Shame. I still love the music to this day though.
Old 03 September 2017, 05:49 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't beat M*A*S*H - still just as funny now
Old 03 September 2017, 01:43 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Yeah, when you go back and watch it you realise what crap it was...
When i was a kid i loved CHiPs...I've seen a few episodes and jeeessuss..what ****...The acting is obviously appalling, but the continuity..That's unbelievable...A bloke is running away in a green t shirt, no, red vest, no green t shirt....The best was a black actor bending down to pick something up, and in the close up, it's a white hand!! Then there's the cameras reflected back in every window, car door, sunglasses...or the external lights and reflectors bouncing spotlights off their pi55 pot crash helmets...And the classic 'wooly microphone bobbing into shot', or 'shadows of the crew on the pavement/wall/car'...

The theme tune though..THAT was as awesome as I always remember it..Pure 70's groove...Pure Studio 54..get sniffin' that laughing gas.

That fkn bass line!!

Last edited by funkyrimpler; 03 September 2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03 September 2017, 04:00 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam
I thought Thunderbirds was the ultimate in nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat, suspenseful excitement.

Watched an episode with the kids some decades later. They wouldn't even give the series a look. "Nah, they're just puppets.", they said.

Shame. I still love the music to this day though.
Yeah....and say you what you like, but Lady Penelope was fit...