Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2017, 09:52 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Fractured skull 16 years ago - present day changes to scaring

Hey all.

First of all I don't have any neurological issues, or at least I don't think so

I have noticed over recent years, more so now than ever, that the scar to my head that runs under my hair (soon won't due to reseeding) has become slightly raised and itchy (the kind of itch that doesn't sooth because of scar tissue). Also that where the scar ends at the front of my hair line I'm now starting to get a vertical style frown line and indent down my forehead. Is this normal for an injury from many years ago to cause later issues?

I'm not concerned about the appearance, just wondered if I should seek advise from my local gp, I'm the typical guy that doesn't go to the gp

I'm now 39 and of good health if that matters.

Cheers,
Robert.
Old 25 June 2017, 11:09 PM
scoobypaul_temp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OH, who has some experience working with scars says you should definitely go and see your GP, just to get it checked. In the meantime try using "bio oil" to see if it settles it down again
Old 25 June 2017, 11:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe reseeding is the way forward
Old 25 June 2017, 11:55 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask your GP to get you an MRI scan. Don't take NO for an answer.

David
Old 26 June 2017, 12:18 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get it checked, you never know.
Old 26 June 2017, 08:49 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a biggy on my head, it itches when it's going to rain...I kid you not.
Yours, I'd go to my GP.
Old 26 June 2017, 10:01 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I have a biggy on my head, it itches when it's going to rain...I kid you not.
Yours, I'd go to my GP.
Someone said that it could be the decent weather we have had of late, maybe I burnt my scalp and more so the scar area. However this could be the case, but it doesn't answer why it has been like this for a few years now. Also the elongated frown style line down the my forehead, now I don't have a lot of frown lines as I tend to vocally express rather than facial express , so why is this happening now, or is this just a case of something has been damaged (weakened) therefore the skin now naturally has a crease in my head from the scar and as I age this is now travelling down.

As for your weather comment I fully understand, I have had two ACL reconstructions from football injuries, and both knees begin to aggravate a little when its cold and damp!

Originally Posted by scoobypaul_temp
My OH, who has some experience working with scars says you should definitely go and see your GP, just to get it checked. In the meantime try using "bio oil" to see if it settles it down again

Isn't bio oil good for covering scars? The scar is in my hair line, so it cant be seen anyway, not yet anyway!

Originally Posted by dpb
Maybe reseeding is the way forward

Happens to us all, well most! Still plenty to go at and I haven't yet gone quite full monk!

Originally Posted by David Lock
Ask your GP to get you an MRI scan. Don't take NO for an answer.

David

Your right David, but I don't think there is any sinister going on, just curious to why its itchy at times, and why the crease is growing. To run my fingers across my forehead where the line is appearing, I feel an indent that I never felt over 2 years ago. I have since researched a little, and there are a few points about delay trauma, but nothing about skull deformation.

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby
Get it checked, you never know.
I'll make an appointment soon
Old 26 June 2017, 10:30 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a serious head injury years ago needed bone grafting and altered my mood a little as it made me more bad tempered and impatient. My scar runs from ear to ear as I had my face pulled off to fix the break. When my hair is cut the scar is always visible but it never bothers me, I do get people asking what its from but that's it.

Are you sure the lines your getting are wrinkles
Old 26 June 2017, 12:28 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
I had a serious head injury years ago needed bone grafting and altered my mood a little as it made me more bad tempered and impatient. My scar runs from ear to ear as I had my face pulled off to fix the break. When my hair is cut the scar is always visible but it never bothers me, I do get people asking what its from but that's it.

Are you sure the lines your getting are wrinkles

My head injury wasn't as bad as doctors first thought, so I was very lucky, as was you I guess.

I was hit by a car tumbling me over the bonnet and through the windscreen throwing me over the roof and landed on my head, so a soft landing then! I'll try and get someone to look at it!