Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2017, 03:35 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FINSBURY PARK INCIDENT . . .

Van hits worshippers outside mosque in London's Finsbury Park

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...551.html%3Famp

Last edited by joz8968; 19 June 2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old 19 June 2017, 06:42 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kick out all the white people.
Old 19 June 2017, 08:12 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

So with previous blindingly obvious terrorist incidents Sadiq Khan is all "well we don't know the motive etc" then it's all "well terroism is part of life in the big city etc"

Then a van which witnesses said "lost control, then hit the crowd" is immediately branded a "horffic terrorist incident"...

I think this is a tragic accident, but terroist attack?!..
Old 19 June 2017, 08:19 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Khan is a racist. The Labour party is full of them.
Old 19 June 2017, 08:34 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
So with previous blindingly obvious terrorist incidents Sadiq Khan is all "well we don't know the motive etc" then it's all "well terroism is part of life in the big city etc"

Then a van which witnesses said "lost control, then hit the crowd" is immediately branded a "horffic terrorist incident"...

Where'd you get that from? Everything I've seen/heard so far has made it sound pretty deliberate.
Old 19 June 2017, 08:50 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Obviously my condolances to the families of those killed or injured. Terrible, terrible news.

I wonder if we will be told he was known to police? Hire van so I'm hearing? He couldn't have hired it if his license had been revoked.
Old 19 June 2017, 09:25 AM
Sad Weevil
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

From Amber Rudd, Home Secretary:
"Police are treating it as a terrorist incident".
This is what Khan actually said:
"While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the terrible attacks in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom and respect."
Old 19 June 2017, 09:35 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I see this nasty smear campaign against Khan continues.

Could somebody explain to me what he's actually done that's so offensive?
Old 19 June 2017, 09:36 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sad Weevil
From Amber Rudd, Home Secretary:
"Police are treating it as a terrorist incident".
This is what Khan actually said:
"While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the terrible attacks in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom and respect."
But we should expect it, live with it, it's part of our lives eh Mr Mayor?.
Old 19 June 2017, 09:53 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Well, what ever the motive, and we can judge that it's obviously in revenge for what has happened recently, then he should be sentenced the same way.

I do expect riots by the Muslim community though over this
Old 19 June 2017, 09:58 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

has any mobile footage turned up yet ?
Not in a sick wanna look way, but if the driver was spouting hatred Im surprised it wasn`t caught on camera.
Old 19 June 2017, 10:06 AM
Sad Weevil
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

All terrorists have an aim, in the case of the medievalist jihadis, it's to provoke all out war between muslims and non-muslims. Looks like they're beginning to get what they want. It's better to be part of the solution, than part of the problem. Too many people on this forum seem to be falling for it and playing into their hands.
Old 19 June 2017, 10:34 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

All terrorists have an aim, in the case of the medievalist jihadis, it's to provoke all out war between muslims and non-muslims. Looks like they're beginning to get what they want. It's better to be part of the solution, than part of the problem. Too many people on this forum seem to be falling for it and playing into their hands.
With the lack of action and the growing knowledge of the 3,000 potential terrorists it was unfortunately only a matter of time.
Ignoring the problem has only made it worse and idiots like Khan with his flippant 'it's part of life in the city' speech have perpetuated it.
Old 19 June 2017, 10:35 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

This.

Tragic news and an absolute propaganda coup and a gift for the enemy.
Old 19 June 2017, 10:41 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kwik
With the lack of action and the growing knowledge of the 3,000 potential terrorists it was unfortunately only a matter of time.
Ignoring the problem has only made it worse and idiots like Khan with his flippant 'it's part of life in the city' speech have perpetuated it.

Why is this quote (it wasn't a 'speech') attracting so much negativity?

Also context is important with this quote, so before perpetuating this smear campaign, why not look into what he actually said, and WHEN HE SAID IT?

If Boris had of said it, no one would of batted an eye lid.
Old 19 June 2017, 10:43 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Muslim community looks suitably sorrowful whenever there’s an Islamist terrorist attack. And now Christians are expressing regret over this incident. Is either camp genuinely remorseful? In most cases, I doubt it.
Old 19 June 2017, 10:47 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
The Muslim community looks suitably sorrowful whenever there’s an Islamist terrorist attack. And now Christians are expressing regret over this incident. Is either camp genuinely remorseful? In most cases, I doubt it.

What are you actually trying to say here?
Old 19 June 2017, 10:51 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
What are you actually trying to say here?

Why don't you hazard a guess?
Old 19 June 2017, 11:11 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

This isn't a terrorist attack it's a religiously motivated hate crime where some mentally deranged individual has set out to murder Muslims. In the name of what terrorist organisation has this individual carried out this attack in? What organisation planned and funded it? The answers to those questions is none.

Terrorist attack my ****

He needs locking away for life no differently to a terrorist but the two are very different in nature.

I expected something like this to happen to Finsbury Park Mosque 15 years ago as people need to remember the history of this mosque. It's Imam was Abu Hamza, he preached hate and had links to international terrorism. It's was a centre of hate preaching for a long time and although it is under new management and has tried to change it's image i'm afraid some people don't forget what it stood for. I'm also sure the security services know full well changing the Imam and the management of the mosque doesn't change the congregation. And before anyone starts no I am not saying everyone who worships there is an extremist or anti West but it certainly it has a minority who are going to be on it's history.

Some lunatic has taken it upon himself to attack it because of it's past no doubt fed up with what it publicly stood for in the past .

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 19 June 2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 19 June 2017, 11:14 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Why is this quote (it wasn't a 'speech') attracting so much negativity?

Also context is important with this quote, so before perpetuating this smear campaign, why not look into what he actually said, and WHEN HE SAID IT?

If Boris had of said it, no one would of batted an eye lid.
Khan is the current Mayor of London. Regardless of his religion etc 3 attacks have now taken place under his reign.
You'd hope ANY politician would condemn terrorist action, not say it is "part of living in the city".

If you want to read up on context etc of the whole speech www.google.co.uk.
Old 19 June 2017, 11:14 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
Old 19 June 2017, 11:18 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Khan is the current Mayor of London. Regardless of his religion etc 3 attacks have now taken place under his reign.
You'd hope ANY politician would condemn terrorist action, not say it is "part of living in the city".

If you want to read up on context etc of the whole speech www.google.co.uk.

Presumably you've googled it then?

He has consistently condemned these attacks, without any equivocation. I just don't see what the issue here is.

btw - the comments you refer to were made long before any of the attacks in London (or Manchester for that matter), but hey, these are just mere facts. Far better to endless regurgitate some crap you saw on Facebook.
Old 19 June 2017, 11:20 AM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Enoch Powell did warn of "rivers of blood" in 1968.

Last edited by johned; 19 June 2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: error.
Old 19 June 2017, 11:23 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johned
Enoch Powell did warn of "rivers of blood" in 1968.

FFS

Why can we not have an incident in this country with the ghost of Enoch Powell. He made those comments 50 years ago, and was wrong then, and is wrong now.
Old 19 June 2017, 11:43 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Presumably you've googled it then?

He has consistently condemned these attacks, without any equivocation. I just don't see what the issue here is.

btw - the comments you refer to were made long before any of the attacks in London (or Manchester for that matter), but hey, these are just mere facts. Far better to endless regurgitate some crap you saw on Facebook.
What does when he said it make any difference? He was London mayor at the time, he was London mayor during the 3 attacks.
Any other politician who was responsible for the safety and security of a certain area or district which had been hit with 3 terror incidents would come under the same scrutiny.
I think the big question should be why exactly you think he shouldn't? I think we all know the answer to that.
Old 19 June 2017, 11:55 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

What does when he said it make any difference? He was London mayor at the time, he was London mayor during the 3 attacks.
Any other politician who was responsible for the safety and security of a certain area or district which had been hit with 3 terror incidents would come under the same scrutiny.
I think the big question should be why exactly you think he shouldn't? I think we all know the answer to that.

Why he shouldn't what?

This is just the continuation of the nasty lies and smears aimed at Khan during the Mayoral Election (which he won comfortably). What he said is just basic, simple fact. Those of us that work or live in London, know exactly what he said and why he said it. There really is no controversy here. I'll say it again, if Boris had of said this there would be no FB memes from Britain First, EDL, etc. This is basic dog whistle politics because he's a Muslim.

Here's the actual quote...(in answer to an audience question in a panel debate in 2016).

“Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives.”

So being PREPARED for terrorist attacks is part and parcel of living in a big city

Controversial stuff :rolleyes

Last edited by Martin2005; 19 June 2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 19 June 2017, 12:14 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Petem95;11947750]So with previous blindingly obvious terrorist incidents Sadiq Khan is all "well we don't know the motive etc" then it's all "well terroism is part of life in the big city etc"
QUOTE]

Oh Pete, there you again with half truths and fake news...

“Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives.”

The Mayor of London (2016)
Old 19 June 2017, 12:19 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Why he shouldn't what?

This is just the continuation of the nasty lies and smears aimed at Khan during the Mayoral Election (which he won comfortably). What he said is just basic, simple fact. Those of us that work or live in London, know exactly what he said and why he said it. There really is no controversy here. I'll say it again, if Boris had of said this there would be no FB memes from Britain First, EDL, etc. This is basic dog whistle politics because he's a Muslim.

Here's the actual quote...(in answer to an audience question in a panel debate in 2016).

So being PREPARED for terrorist attacks is part and parcel of living in a big city

Controversial stuff :rolleyes

The other side of the argument is would you be saying the same if Boris was mayor during 3 terror attacks in London within what 6 weeks?. (Of course you'll tell us you would, but I think it stinks of reverse racism).

Accepting that planning anything is an acceptance that you won't stop it. It is not acceptable to say that there will be further attacks, not by anybody with a set of bollocks anyway.
Old 19 June 2017, 12:24 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

The other side of the argument is would you be saying the same if Boris was mayor during 3 terror attacks in London within what 6 weeks?. (Of course you'll tell us you would, but I think it stinks of reverse racism).

Accepting that planning anything is an acceptance that you won't stop it. It is not acceptable to say that there will be further attacks, not by anybody with a set of bollocks anyway.

You really are reaching now.

Are you seriously saying we shouldn't be prepared for terrorist attacks?

You were fooled by fake news, why not just admit it.
Old 19 June 2017, 12:33 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Martin2005;11947801]
QUOTE]

Oh Pete, there you again with half truths and fake news...

The Mayor of London (2016)

Who, even 10 years ago, could have imagined that Christian England's great capital would ever have a muslim Mayor? It shows the incredible generosity of spirit of the English people that they could accept such an appointment with relative equanimity. I think that acceptance may be wearing a bit thin now though.