Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Chuggers

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2017, 10:43 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chuggers

You can't walk through Manchester without being harassed by these miscreants. Sometimes I feel like punching them.

For example just to approach the Arndale the other day from Exchange Square direction, I got harassed by three chuggers. One was standing within 5 m of a corner and starts calling out to me from 20 m away, in that ****ing irritating cheerful (but condescending) way they are trained to do. No way to avoid them 'cos of the corner and I hate having my space invaded in that way with unwanted conversation. It's not 'please can you donate', it's 'you look in a good mood Sir, oh I guess you don't, have a brilliantly wonderful day, all the best'. Makes me want to punch them.

I might write a letter to the council moaning 'cos it's been bad in the City centre for chuggers for ages.

Unlike some I take no pleasure in trolling them for 15 mins then 'forgetting my debit card' lol. I know some people who do this and **** them off.
Old 21 March 2017, 11:32 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
You can't walk through Manchester without being harassed by these miscreants. Sometimes I feel like punching them.

For example just to approach the Arndale the other day from Exchange Square direction, I got harassed by three chuggers. One was standing within 5 m of a corner and starts calling out to me from 20 m away, in that ****ing irritating cheerful (but condescending) way they are trained to do. No way to avoid them 'cos of the corner and I hate having my space invaded in that way with unwanted conversation. It's not 'please can you donate', it's 'you look in a good mood Sir, oh I guess you don't, have a brilliantly wonderful day, all the best'. Makes me want to punch them.

I might write a letter to the council moaning 'cos it's been bad in the City centre for chuggers for ages.

Unlike some I take no pleasure in trolling them for 15 mins then 'forgetting my debit card' lol. I know some people who do this and **** them off.
My first thoughts when I saw the thread title was that Keith Chegwin had died

With regards to the chuggers, last time I was in Leeds and York it was the same.
Bloody nusiance they are
Old 22 March 2017, 02:32 AM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi,
I simply ignore them and don't engage in their conversation.
They all seem to be ex double glazing or accident claim sales people - totally annoying individuals.
Cheers
Steve
Old 22 March 2017, 09:50 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I just put my hand up in the stop sign and say "no" and walk on. Same to people who come to my door - open it, say "no thank you" and close it before they can say a word. Partner thinks its hillarious/rude but its my space/time they're trying to invade & I'm not interested.
Old 22 March 2017, 10:17 AM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
I just put my hand up in the stop sign and say "no" and walk on. Same to people who come to my door - open it, say "no thank you" and close it before they can say a word. Partner thinks its hillarious/rude but its my space/time they're trying to invade & I'm not interested.
Spot on!