Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Surrey and Sussex Crime Alert

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2017, 12:45 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Surrey and Sussex Crime Alert

Spotted on another Forum but the fact they seem to be after cars I thought I would spread the word.

Just been made aware of a white Audi vrm GY12HHR which is being used to commit burglaries in the Reigate/Horley/Crawley areas, seemingly with the intention of taking high-value vehicles. Believed to be a TT but at this stage unconfirmed, please can I ask that if anyone sees this vehicle to call 999 and provide the whereabouts. Hit a house in my home town this evening.

then this on Facebook.

Rogues alert #horleytown
Posted in another page but very relevant to us...
Just a warning to please be vigilant...we disturbed an attempted robbery on our house at 6pm yesterday evening. There was a white Audi outside our house (reg GY12 HHR) and a young, tall, skinny guy in a dark tracksuit trying to get in our front door with a crowbar. Police were brilliant, but said the same car had been reported around the area yesterday and actually managed to burgle 2 houses in Reigate. We think he was after my husbands car. We now need a new front door! Please take care!
I'm not sure of the roads in Reigate I'm afraid but heard they also did a house in Tadworth, and we are Poynes Road in Horley.

taken from here.

Facebook Post
Old 07 January 2017, 02:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not good.

Good of you to warn others from your area.
Old 07 January 2017, 02:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing. If you have a high value vehicle or vehicles, you have to be even more stressed because it can be robbed. I wish the high value things could just make us happy, not stressed. But, pro and cons etc. What can you do.
Old 07 January 2017, 02:29 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Another thing. If you have a high value vehicle or vehicles, you have to be even more stressed because it can be robbed. I wish the high value things could just make us happy, not stressed. But, pro and cons etc. What can you do.
there has been a rise in the theft of Audi S3`s, they don`t seem to care about the RS3, but the S3 is like the old RS Turbo`s for stealing atm.
Old 07 January 2017, 02:55 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

According to the talking meerkats, GY12HHR belongs to a black 2012 Audi TTS quattro coupe, so probably running around on cloned plates.
Old 07 January 2017, 02:56 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
According to the talking meerkats, GY12HHR belongs to a black 2012 Audi TTS quattro coupe, so probably running around on cloned plates.
yeah pretty slim chance of the plate being legit if they are being so bold in the daytime.
Old 07 January 2017, 03:04 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

You a local lad JDM?

Have seen a few of the warnings in Facebook, I saw originally it was possibly an A3.
Modified Transit went missing a few nights ago in Pound Hill.
Old 07 January 2017, 03:08 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley
You a local lad JDM?

Have seen a few of the warnings in Facebook, I saw originally it was possibly an A3.
Modified Transit went missing a few nights ago in Pound Hill.
Yeah I saw the post about the Transit, it caught my eye on a Audi Forum, so Goggled it, hadnt seen the post a week or so ago from Alex about it until I searched.
Old 07 January 2017, 03:12 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in Copthorne, so a little bit close for comfort.

Tends to be top end Audi and BMW's that go missing, and Range Rover thefts (especially in the South East) are ridiculous