Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bl**dy road "re-surfacing"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2002, 03:37 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

And the bloody tar gets everywhere specially on multispokes.

The money they save by doing it this was must be spend by us cleaning athem off afterward along with the body repairs.

So I will join in with

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12 June 2002, 04:11 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I can tell you exactly why they did it and why they get busy everywhere else at this time of year

Guess what?

No?

Well its obvious
its end of financial year time and if local authorities haven't spent there budget for the year then government monies are cut accordingly so just to prove they really need more money?????
they make sure they spend every penny regardless

Old 12 June 2002, 07:00 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]grrr[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

They're doing a load up by us, I wouldn't mind so much but this one strech had brand fire new tarmac laid on it, prolly less than a year ago yet they haven't touched the mile long stretch that has more holes in it than Afghanistan![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Not only is a pain in the *** when the lay it, it's sooo noisy aswell[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Bob[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 13 June 2002, 08:50 AM
adamp
Scooby Regular

Angry

As I don't know anyone who actually agrees with loose stone chippings road treatment, there must be somewhere to vent our communal anger and get an answer!

Oh no for a moment there I thought that suggestions made to local councils are actually taken on board due to them appreciating the fact that we pay over £100 a year more this year for council tax!!!!!
Old 13 June 2002, 10:01 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

If you have a complaint - write and tell your local council!!!! For example, our office of Transport Planners - 35 people covering the whole county. We don't know about problems unless people tell us or they come up in the local plans. A road can disintegrate in one bad week of weather - oh, and if it's an A road or a motorway it's the Highway's Agency you should all be moaning about.

Sorry - but this pi**es me right off. We get paid sh*te and just get yelled at all the time, it's not nice to pick up a phone and get an abusive member of the public who thinks they know more than a proffessional. Suprisingly the councils don't do things that aren't designed to benifit, and budgets for transport run for 5 years, not 1. Anyway, that's calmed me down a bit - if you want answers, write to teh agency or the council, you'll get an answer if it's a good council - I know, I spend most my life typing them up.

Thanks

Jen
Old 06 December 2002, 03:32 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

My favorite stretch of road on the way to/from work has been given the "stone chippings" re-sufacing treatment. This is (was!!) a perfectly servicable road with a good surface. I now have to travel a different way into work to avoid the enevitable stone chips and cracked windscreens from other drives ignoring the 20mph limit. I may try going do the road again in a months time to see if the rep mobiles have bedded it in

WHY does the council insist on waisting their money like this?? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

...and one more [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] for luck

EDIT as one of my [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]'s didn't work. There. That's how [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I am..

[Edited by Nimbus - 6/12/2002 3:34:57 PM]
Old 06 December 2002, 04:58 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well... I did actually know why they did it. Just venting steam at the stupid bureaucracy of it all..

Did I mention that it made me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]?

[Edited by Nimbus - 6/12/2002 4:59:04 PM]