Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Joshua fight, spoiler alert

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2016, 12:21 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Joshua fight, spoiler alert

What a joke, did they grab Molina out of the pub or the car park.

Seriously is this what boxing has come to.

Ooooh scratch that, he's going to fight Klitschko on April 29th, something to look forward to.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 11 December 2016 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11 December 2016, 07:07 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Frank Bruno 2 is avoiding David haye like the plague
Cherry picking bums mismatch one after another don't buy into the hype at all
Old 11 December 2016, 08:01 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I think he's better than Bruno was, but I understand the comparison.

I think Joshua V's Haye is a fight only the British public are really keen to see, the rest of the world and the boxing circus want to see Vlad and Tyson get it on again or the new young pretender or possibly the first to unite all the belts in a wee while.

Either way Haye had his shot and I don't really want to watch him being chased around the ring by either Vlad again or new Tyson.

I think 2017 is stacking up to be a good year for boxing and they're just milking it, as one would expect, Joshua Vs Vlad then the winner goes onto fight Tyson and the loser can be on the under card against either the lad that won last night or maybe Haye, which then sets up the next contender going forward.

Gota keep the money rolling in, even multi millionaires gota eat.
Old 11 December 2016, 08:09 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not easy to fight who you want to fight whenthe majority of them are either injured, fighting someone else or high on cocaine.

He's still young, and still learning.

But with that being said I believe he'll destroy them all, Haye is no match for him, Haye has speed and a good selection of punches from angles but after watching his last 2 fights he's very ragged and not precise, throwing punches in a wild manner. Joshua will pick him off with ease and knock him out.

Klitscho has a similar style to Joshua, leads with the jab and throws the straight right a lot but I think Joshua will break him down with the heavier shots, technically better.

All it takes is one lucky punch, but I just can't see joshua losing.
Old 11 December 2016, 08:40 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

So who's on the coke ???..

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I think Joshua is in for a hard year, I think he's a bit of a Vlad copy so it'll be interesting to see similar styles meet, hopefully it won't mean a stale mate.

I noticed a lot more fighters trying to use the original Tyson style of right to the body and right uppercut, straight right is also a good style as it's hard to see it coming, the punch that knocked Molina out was a peach.

I'm more excited about the coming year than I have been since the days of Mike Tyson, there are finally a few boxers around that are worth staying up for to watch the fight.
Old 11 December 2016, 09:45 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Tyson Fury.

The biggest difference for me between Joshua & Klitscho is AJ has a wider variety of punches and he tends to throw more combinations, this will trouble Klitscho.

Of course he'll be in for a hard year but that's the name of the game, if it were easy every man and his dug would be at it.
Old 11 December 2016, 10:07 AM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

If he boxes again, Fury vs Wilder is the one i want to see. Battle of the giants.
Old 11 December 2016, 10:37 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Stayed up to watch this total miss-match. Molina was paid to be a human punchbag.

The Chisora V Whyte fight was brilliant though. Proper slugging it out.

Fury bowed out after he somehow flooked the world championship. I'm sure something went on there, where the fight was staged to allow an even bigger pay day re-match. Klitscho hardly threw a punch. AJ would know Fury on his **** within the first round he he came out all guns blazing.

I can see the AJ v Klitscho fight being good, with AJ winning with a knock-out.
Old 11 December 2016, 10:48 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Stayed up to watch this total miss-match. Molina was paid to be a human punchbag.

The Chisora V Whyte fight was brilliant though. Proper slugging it out.

Fury bowed out after he somehow flooked the world championship. I'm sure something went on there, where the fight was staged to allow an even bigger pay day re-match. Klitscho hardly threw a punch. AJ would know Fury on his **** within the first round he he came out all guns blazing.

I can see the AJ v Klitscho fight being good, with AJ winning with a knock-out.
Yep that was certainly worth staying up for, difficult one to call but I think the judges got it right, Whyte just nicked it with the inside work but Chisora landed some good bombs, they both have jaws of steel.
Old 11 December 2016, 06:34 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

looking forward to Haye v Bellew tbh... long shot but I hope Bellew wins..Haye gets on me ****

Vlad v Joshua will be good, that's if the real Vlad turns up and not the one that walked around with Fury. Fury is no match for Joshua, Nor is Haye again in my opinion. Joshua v Wilder would be a possibility should he beat Vlad.

Calum Smith, great performance with a stunning knock out ( that ended well) and one of my favourite fighters in Scott Quigg putting on a good show and eventually over powering his opponent.

Chisora v Whyte... fight of the night..last man standing style slug fest with the wrong out come, for me Chisora landed the heavier shots, threw more combinations and did the more offensive work in coming forward.. Whyte held off and used his jab more but wasn't comfortable close up toe to toe. great fight though non the less, a rematch would be great on the Joshua undercard in April

Connor Benn?? looks good so far but I think his opponents are being chosen to showcase Benn. He needs to move on for me and get someone who will give him a fight..lets see how good he is

womens boxing...hmmmm , I'm not being sexist here but its just not right..last nights fight looked more like a kick boxing fight, I was waiting for someone to be thrown over the hip and headlocked, and whats with kissing her all the time.
Old 11 December 2016, 10:24 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx

Vlad v Joshua will be good, that's if the real Vlad turns up and not the one that walked around with Fury. Fury is no match for Joshua, Nor is Haye again in my opinion. Joshua v Wilder would be a possibility should he beat Vlad.
I think Vlad is a different fighter when he's up against bigger blokes because he can't man handle them and push them around like he does with the smaller fighters.

Chisora v Whyte... fight of the night..last man standing style slug fest with the wrong out come, for me Chisora landed the heavier shots, threw more combinations and did the more offensive work in coming forward.. Whyte held off and used his jab more but wasn't comfortable close up toe to toe. great fight though non the less, a rematch would be great on the Joshua undercard in April
Chisora did come to fight and wasn't shy but he kept letting Whyte come back at him, he threw some great shots but ran out of puff half way through, which made Whyte seem like the one in control, between his jab and the nice shots on the inside I think he scrapped it on points, remember the last couple of rounds Chisora was backing off and spent most of the round on the ropes, then gave it a couple of combos in the last minute, something he did for about the last 4 rounds, that's what lost him it, IMO of course but it was a great fight.

Connor Benn?? looks good so far but I think his opponents are being chosen to showcase Benn. He needs to move on for me and get someone who will give him a fight..lets see how good he is
Didn't see that one but it's the way it goes, the lad needs to learn his trade first, if he gets slung in at the deep end he'll just get battered and lose his confidence.
Old 12 December 2016, 11:47 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

agreed Dichmyster, Chisora did run out of steam midway as I think Whyte did too. for me I think Chisora won at least 7 of the rounds if not more.. ide definatly give Whyte the latter rounds as you say Chisora hugged the ropes for most of the round then gave it a minute or so towards the end which lost him the rounds. I still think he was far enough ahead on the cards to win the fight. again that's my opinion, and the fight was a good one. rumor of a rematch now so I hope it happens. good to see the respect at the end too after all the build up