Purplebricks

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2016, 06:41 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Purplebricks

anyone used PB to sell their house, any feedback welcomed
I'm thinking of giving them a go, but as it's breaking with tradition ie. not using estate agents I'm a bit wary lol

financially it seems a no brainer, fixed price opposed to a % of the sale price.....but just need convincing one way or the other
Old 22 September 2016, 08:08 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our neighbour had hers on with House Network and no viewings in 3 months. Changed last week to a local agent and has 4 viewings for this weekend. The price is in keeping with others similar that have sold during that time.

I think sometimes people don't want to deal with the owners and prefer an agent to act as go between for questions and mainly any offers put forward.
Old 22 September 2016, 08:16 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

My advice is, don't use the big franchise company's as they only come to do their job and don't really have much customer service.
Go for a independent agent that has ability to put on the Internet like right move etc, they have more better customer service as they work harder to get a sale as its their livelihood.
I deal with agents regularly and the bigger companies are thick as pig poo.
Old 23 September 2016, 01:24 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

I think it depends on the type of house you're selling. Obviously everyone would rather deal with an estate agent. I've read that if you want to view a house being sold through PB or other similar online agents then the viewer has to register their interest online? That alone could be enough to put people off.
Old 23 September 2016, 02:13 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

I would not pay a fixed fee up front with these on line agents as once they have this where is the incentive to sell?

I considered this website but never pursued it I sold the house with a local agent. It gives you options on fees.

https://www.hatched.co.uk/?gclid=CJ_...FeYp0wod-NsCWg

Last edited by SPEN555; 23 September 2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 23 September 2016, 04:47 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I was interested in a house being sold through PB. Very little, if any, info on line just a viewing time application. I eventually tracked down the PB agent for the region and he was more helpful but had never been to the property.

Wouldn't recommend

dl
Old 23 September 2016, 05:13 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Apparently when pb first opened it was advised by the investors, not to invest as will either come crashing down as prices were too low or they would have to raise prices.
Old 23 September 2016, 06:15 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

great getting your opinions and experiences of these Internet agents

I just don't see why the high street agents are still fleecing us for thousand's, when their prime advertising tool is the internet (Rightmove & Zoopla) the same sites the Internet agents use
I have to believe if the house is priced right, has a good location and is well presented it'll sell no matter which way route I choose (or am I looking through rose tinted glasses lol)
Old 23 September 2016, 06:47 PM
DaveMK39
Scooby Regular

I used emoov to sell my house. £395 up front, ads on zoopla and rightmove. 5 viewings and asking price was offered in the first day advertising went live. That saved £1600 from high street estate agents.
Old 23 September 2016, 07:07 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveMK39
I used emoov to sell my house. £395 up front, ads on zoopla and rightmove. 5 viewings and asking price was offered in the first day advertising went live. That saved £1600 from high street estate agents.
Nice one, what a result
Old 23 September 2016, 07:47 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveMK39

Emoov is the one I was looking at and who I'll probably go with when I come to sell my BTL. There was one thing on their website that I wasn't too sure about; do YOU have to show them around the property or can they show a potential buyer around themselves?
Old 23 September 2016, 08:04 PM
DaveMK39
Scooby Regular

yes you have to show the viewers around. but let emoov deal with negotiating the price. some cheeky viewer will try to offer you a lower price while viewing, just tell them to put any offer to emoov.
Old 23 September 2016, 08:44 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Thanks the clarifying that. I guess that would be perfectly fine if you lived at the property; a lot more hassle and time consuming if you don't.