Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is Corbyn being a twohat with his tweet on 9/11?

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2016, 01:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Corbyn being a twohat with his tweet on 9/11?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...Q&ocid=UE07DHP

J.C.: "My thoughts are with those whose lives were shattered on 9/11/2001 - and in the wars and terror unleashed across the globe in its aftermath."

I'm not sure tbh.

What do you people think? Why do you think he should have kept to just the 9/11 and left the aftermath out?
Old 12 September 2016, 01:18 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Is JC being a twohat you ask. Well there are just two letters between that and what I think he is
Old 12 September 2016, 01:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Aye, me too.....
Old 12 September 2016, 01:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone with these initials seems think they can get away with anything
Old 12 September 2016, 01:33 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

In a way he's right 9/11 was the trigger of escalation and a compound ripple effect that seems to continue and worsen both in the west and east with no signs of it relenting. I think his thought are genuine, albeit poorly expressed.

The thoughts of current war and terror are linked with 9/11...the problem is twitters word limits doesn't allow on expanding or contesting it properly, so it's used as a tool to misconstrue. Indeed it was a edited part of a longer text, so the context isn't right anymore.

It could be political point scoring, but he's always been against the way we managed our "war on terror", so this nothing new and so he has nothing further to gain from it.

I flew to Spain yesterday (one single benefit of 9/11 is flights are dirt cheap), airport on high alerts, obviously. The guy I travelled with has a metal knee, usually he wears shorts to mitigate the obvious issues when passing through the metal detector, but yesterday he wore jeans....and so was subjected to 5 minutes...yes 5mjnutes of patting and groping. Nothing wrong with that...they have job to do. But it's the price we are paying for 9/11.

In effect we all suffered, not just those who died and their family/friends...from the minor inconvenience (and profiteering; like BHX. charging £1 to drop off travellers) to the more major paranoia. Some innocence was lost that day and I believe we all look uponthe world and each other slightly differently now.

But I can't put that in a Twitter post...too many words. Maybe it'd just be better for everyone to stop using Twitter? hopefully it's own toxicity will be its own demise

Last edited by ALi-B; 12 September 2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12 September 2016, 01:34 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Is JC being a twohat you ask. Well there are just two letters between that and what I think he is
I bypass the swear filter by calling the same word a twohat.

Well, I must admit that Labour as a party is in deep sh7t with its all-mouth-no-substance members. That Chuka bloke is an ill tempered and a very confused geezer, and yesterday, their Thornberry lady on an irrational defensive was an embarrassment to all the women alive on this earth...:

...but regarding J.C.'s tweet on 9/[11, imo he hasn't committed any crime of the century. I think it's just our cheap-as-chips media spicing it up, due to a fistful angry readers who just love lashing out for sod all.

Disclaimer: I don't suffer from Corbynism. I also think that he's a veteran twohat in general. But when I look at his tweet with unbiased eyes, I don't see any issue with that. That's why I've put it up here; to see if any one else here finds it offensive or what.

Last edited by Turbohot; 12 September 2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12 September 2016, 01:43 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Corbyn being Corbyn, basically (and on that score, twohat would be far too kind a description for the type of guy he really is). Can't discuss anything related to the Middle East without some oblique reference to America / The West being to blame for the entire mess there. The only vaguely surprising thing here is that he didn't thrown in some barb about Israel, just for good measure.
Old 12 September 2016, 01:56 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
In a way he's right 9/11 was the trigger of escalation and a compound ripple effect that seems to continue and worsen both in the west and east with no signs of it relenting. I think his thought are genuine, albeit poorly expressed.

The thoughts of current war and terror are linked with 9/11...the problem is twitters word limits doesn't allow on expanding or contesting it properly, so it's used as a tool to misconstrue. Indeed it was a edited part of a longer text, so the context isn't right anymore.

It could be political point scoring, but he's always been against the way we managed our "war on terror", so this nothing new and so he has nothing further to gain from it.

I flew to Spain yesterday (one single benefit of 9/11 is flights are dirt cheap), airport on high alerts, obviously. The guy I travelled with has a metal knee, usually he wears shorts to mitigate the obvious issues when passing through the metal detector, but yesterday he wore jeans....and so was subjected to 5 minutes...yes 5mjnutes of patting and groping. Nothing wrong with that...they have job to do. But it's the price we are paying for 9/11.

In effect we all suffered, not just those who died and their family/friends...from the minor inconvenience (and profiteering; like BHX. charging £1 to drop off travellers) to the more major paranoia. Some innocence was lost that day and I believe we all look uponthe world and each other slightly differently now.

But I can't put that in a Twitter post...too many words. Maybe it'd just be better for everyone to stop using Twitter? hopefully it's own toxicity will be its own demise

Good post, Al. I agree with this :

AliB- "It could be political point scoring, but he's always been against the way we managed our "war on terror", so this nothing new and so he has nothing further to gain from it."

Despite the limitation of the words on Twitter, I still can't see his tweet as a poorly expressed piece. But perhaps it would be better if he posted on Facebook; like the London mayor did. He could express himself better there; with more words.

Twitter does sound like a right b!tchfest.
Old 12 September 2016, 02:03 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Clever, that.

Originally Posted by markjmd
Corbyn being Corbyn, basically (and on that score, twohat would be far too kind a description for the type of guy he really is). Can't discuss anything related to the Middle East without some oblique reference to America / The West being to blame for the entire mess there. The only vaguely surprising thing here is that he didn't thrown in some barb about Israel, just for good measure.
Old 12 September 2016, 03:43 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

https://img1.etsystatic.com/113/0/12...16345_7pnc.jpg
Old 12 September 2016, 03:44 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

http://i0.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline..../07/corbyn.jpg
Old 12 September 2016, 04:09 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corbyn is great, between his and Owen Smith's incompetence they'll ensure the Labour Party is consigned to the lunatic left fringe where it belongs.
Old 12 September 2016, 04:11 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Corbyn is great, between his and Owen Smith's incompetence they'll ensure the Labour Party is consigned to the lunatic left fringe where it belongs.
Leaving the right to move further right leading to polarity. Excellent.

And I agree with Corbyn.
Old 12 September 2016, 05:30 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Leaving the right to move further right leading to polarity. Excellent.

And I agree with Corbyn.
You agree that the 15th anniversary of 9/11 is an appropriate time to have a sly dig at "Western" or "American" policy in the Middle East? Or do you not believe that's what he's doing here?
Old 12 September 2016, 05:36 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

You agree that the 15th anniversary of 9/11 is an appropriate time to have a sly dig at "Western" or "American" policy in the Middle East? Or do you not believe that's what he's doing here?
I find nothing in his statement that's inconsistent with my own thoughts and feelings.

"My thoughts are with those whose lives were shattered on 9/11/2001 - and in the wars and terror unleashed across the globe in its aftermath."
Old 12 September 2016, 05:56 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I find nothing in his statement that's inconsistent with my own thoughts and feelings.
Here's the thing. Coming from you (or to be quite honest, from 99% of people other than Corbyn), I might well believe the same tweet wasn't the sly dig that you seem so keen to avoid acknowledging the existence of. Coming as it did though from Corbyn, who seems to have something of a special talent for proferring these kinds of dubiously ambiguous comments and statements on this general subject area, I'm far less inclined to offer the benefit of the doubt.
Old 13 September 2016, 10:12 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Here's the thing. Coming from you (or to be quite honest, from 99% of people other than Corbyn), I might well believe the same tweet wasn't the sly dig that you seem so keen to avoid acknowledging the existence of. Coming as it did though from Corbyn, who seems to have something of a special talent for proferring these kinds of dubiously ambiguous comments and statements on this general subject area, I'm far less inclined to offer the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think JC's tweet is sly and ambiguous at all, it's quite straight forward. The ones criticising also said that it was disrespectful for the 9/11 victims, which I do not think it was. Not that he skipped to mourn the loss of lives in 9/11- not at all.

JC may not be as moralistic as he shows to the world, but he's fine with his tweet in question and doesn't deserve to be misunderstood. Nothing is sly, there. Not in my opinion, anyway.

I have to say that looking at the following JC has, even though he couldn't get a seat on Virgin Train, he has an invisible seat in making; beside Mother Teresa and Aung San Suu Kye.

I saw him on QT with Smith. Smith doesn't even possess an ounce of the charisma that JC has.

I do wonder what's going to happen with his seat, though.
Old 13 September 2016, 11:57 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

JC doesn't really have to try when it comes to being a twohat does he.

Thornberry was quite frankly embarrassing, even in the shallow end of the gene pool she's out of her depth, hilarious TV.

Then we have Tom Watson.......

It's no wonder p1ssy Lewis is rarely seen on these boards nowadays even he can't fight the fight for these idiots
Old 13 September 2016, 03:12 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Like who, Jimmy Carr:
"I'm appalled that people would come here and make jokes about the sacrifice Pete's heroic father made on 9/11, this is not the roast of Pete Davidson's father. That was in 2001."

Old 13 September 2016, 05:48 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Jesus Christ?
Old 13 September 2016, 06:17 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I think Duncan was thinking of that Jeremy Clarkson twohat.