Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone had a prostate exam?

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2015, 08:07 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone had a prostate exam?

So I take codeine for my stomach pains and one of the side effects is water retention and difficulty in urinating.

I've been on them for over 5 years now and haven't had any side effects to speak of. In the last 6 months I have a very mild random hesitation when going for a wee wee. Nothing to worry about and caused by the drugs no doubt but the sensible side of me thinks for the 10 seconds it'll take I might as well have the exam.

So, I'm really, really, really not a fan of things near my bum hole (contrary to popular belief) and wondered if any of you old guys have had it done?

Old 27 August 2015, 09:23 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Will speak tomorrow when I'm more sober
Old 28 August 2015, 06:25 AM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it turns out you have got slight prostate problems, consider trying these:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...450mg-60003531

They're sorted me out for over a year. My doctor said to try them. He's not a fan of invasive prostate treatments, which he thinks are often done unnecessarily.

If all it is is a bit enlarged, thereby reducing your flow rate and/or getting slight dribbles or a feeling you've not quite finished afterwards, they're good. Allow them a couple of weeks to start to work.

They're often on H&Bs 'buy one, get one for 1p' offer. You have to time it right.

If you're around fifty, ask your mates about it too. Most of us have something similar, but no-one ever talks about it.

I hope you get on okay.
Old 28 August 2015, 06:47 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Osimabu
If it turns out you have got slight prostate problems, consider trying these:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...450mg-60003531

They're sorted me out for over a year. My doctor said to try them. He's not a fan of invasive prostate treatments, which he thinks are often done unnecessarily.

If all it is is a bit enlarged, thereby reducing your flow rate and/or getting slight dribbles or a feeling you've not quite finished afterwards, they're good. Allow them a couple of weeks to start to work.

They're often on H&Bs 'buy one, get one for 1p' offer. You have to time it right.

If you're around fifty, ask your mates about it too. Most of us have something similar, but no-one ever talks about it.

I hope you get on okay.
No dribbles and I always feel empty .. the internet says not to worry but I did one of those online doctor question things, the doc asked me a few questions, didn't seem concerned but suggested I get it checked, probably more to cover themselves.

Honestly I think, thinking about it is probably 90% of the issue so the test will remove the "worry".
Old 28 August 2015, 01:35 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sorry; Its Friday

[ gets coat ]
Old 28 August 2015, 03:02 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At my prostate exam earlier, the Doctor dropped my trousers and slid his finger up my ****, he said:

"Let me know when it becomes uncomfortable."

"Just then" I said, "when your receptionist dimmed the lights and started filming."
Old 28 August 2015, 07:05 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

When I had mine it was so uncomfortable I asked the doc if it was his wedding ring. He said he wasn't married but it might be his wrist watch
Old 28 August 2015, 08:38 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
When I had mine it was so uncomfortable I asked the doc if it was his wedding ring. He said he wasn't married but it might be his wrist watch

Oh er misses .....
Old 29 August 2015, 03:20 AM
guinnessman2001
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When the doctor has finished the examination, as long as you don't hear the sound of a zipper being pulled up you'll be fine.

Seriously though, I had one when I was having a problem with a kidney stone.
Nothing to it, and well worth getting checked out if you are unsure about anything.
Old 29 August 2015, 06:13 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

When Brenda examined me I said "can you put 2 fingers up , I want a second opinion"
Old 04 September 2015, 08:32 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby
Will speak tomorrow when I'm more sober
Well, I have sobered up OK, I had a nagging ache in my lower left back for weeks. After being nagged at by wifey I went to see the doc. He took one look at his screen and said I've got you(I hadn't been to docs for years) He gave me a full MOT. Results came back, my PSA levels were way too high, next appointment was for the finger up the ****, result was Prostate much larger than it should be. Next appointment was for biopsy Results came back, out of the 12 samples taken 4 had cancer in them I am on a 7 on the scale they use which is pretty high with 10 being the highest. Next appointment is for an MRI scan, wow what a scary experience that was(Wednesday of this week) I nearly freaked out twice. So my next appointment is next Wednesday the 9th when I find out just how far the fooking thing has gone. Fingers crossed it will be good news. I'm only 57. My message to you guys is please don't take chances, if you feel anything unusual/aching etc, get it checked out. If it had not been for wifey nagging me I would not have gone to docs so don't take chances please.
Old 05 September 2015, 09:12 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

wow mate that's a bit rough. I went and they've taken bloods.

Fingers crossed for you
Old 05 September 2015, 02:37 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Good luck chap!
Old 05 September 2015, 05:13 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05 September 2015, 05:17 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just seen the above, ouch yeah not good, best of luck in getting it sorted.
Been meaning to have mine checked out, though not painful i do find it's taking longer to ahem get things going.

Say one thing, the care my father had whilst with his condition was amazing, especially macmillan and marie curie.
Old 08 September 2015, 10:16 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Well, I have sobered up OK, I had a nagging ache in my lower left back for weeks. After being nagged at by wifey I went to see the doc. He took one look at his screen and said I've got you(I hadn't been to docs for years) He gave me a full MOT. Results came back, my PSA levels were way too high, next appointment was for the finger up the ****, result was Prostate much larger than it should be. Next appointment was for biopsy Results came back, out of the 12 samples taken 4 had cancer in them I am on a 7 on the scale they use which is pretty high with 10 being the highest. Next appointment is for an MRI scan, wow what a scary experience that was(Wednesday of this week) I nearly freaked out twice. So my next appointment is next Wednesday the 9th when I find out just how far the fooking thing has gone. Fingers crossed it will be good news. I'm only 57. My message to you guys is please don't take chances, if you feel anything unusual/aching etc, get it checked out. If it had not been for wifey nagging me I would not have gone to docs so don't take chances please.
3pm tomorrow I find out what the folks going on. Cheers for the positive comments
Old 08 September 2015, 10:21 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

3pm tomorrow I find out what the folks going on. Cheers for the positive comments
Pissed again, what you see as folks should say *****. OMG!!!
Old 09 September 2015, 07:52 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

To the OP, yes I too have felt the cold finger.

In all seriousness the actual process isn't that bad, it's the idea of it that is worse, but hey you never know you might like it!
Old 09 September 2015, 08:32 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Not good news, had appointment with consultant at 3pm today. I am level 3a which is not good. I am booked in for prostate removal tomorrow morning
Fingers crossed. Can't fault the NHS
Old 09 September 2015, 09:33 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Not good news, had appointment with consultant at 3pm today. I am level 3a which is not good. I am booked in for prostate removal tomorrow morning
Mate, it's a horrible situation to be in, but you're doing the best thing.

The risk to your sex life (IMO) doesn't even come close to the risk on your life.

Best of luck, I've done a lot of reading and the process is crazy impressive.
Old 09 September 2015, 10:41 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

A guy I know was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. He decided to buy a Nissan GTR and live life in the fast lane. I didn't see him for a year. He then told me he had gone to the USA had surgery/treatment and was declared cured. I will be doing some work with him in a few months. I might if I can broach the subject ask how he is!
Old 10 September 2015, 04:39 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Hope all goes well

Paul
Old 10 September 2015, 09:14 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Hope he's doing ok, been thinking about him today, best wishes fella
Old 10 September 2015, 09:38 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

All the best bud,hope all goes well .......
Old 10 September 2015, 10:11 PM
scoobiepaul
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
All the best bud,hope all goes well .......
As above, hope it all goes well.
Old 11 September 2015, 10:20 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks so much for your support guys. I am now sat by my bed, just had a bit of brekky and given myself a wash and shave. I've got five holes where keyhole surgery took place and I'm a bit sore to stay the least!!! Just waiting for c
Doc to visit, hopefully I'll be home this evening Got to wait then and hope my PSA levels stay really low. I'll eep your formed guys, once again thanks
Old 11 September 2015, 11:44 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Thanks so much for your support guys. I am now sat by my bed, just had a bit of brekky and given myself a wash and shave. I've got five holes where keyhole surgery took place and I'm a bit sore to stay the least!!! Just waiting for c
Doc to visit, hopefully I'll be home this evening Got to wait then and hope my PSA levels stay really low. I'll eep your formed guys, once again thanks
Old 11 September 2015, 08:24 PM
steve jackson
Scooby Regular

Unhappy Get well soon!

Sorry to here that Bob, hope everything has gone ok for you, will no doubt see you in the garden this next week sometime.

Steve
Old 11 September 2015, 08:37 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steve jackson
Sorry to here that Bob, hope everything has gone ok for you, will no doubt see you in the garden this next week sometime.

Steve
Hope so Steve, if you see me pull up for a chat mate
Old 11 September 2015, 09:44 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

mate, you're a legend, I'd be in piece but you're so relaxed it's an inspiration.

Quick Reply: Anyone had a prostate exam?