Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Job Going in Liverpool

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2016, 07:43 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job Going in Liverpool

A band I know do quite a bit of busking in Liverppol and surrounding areas. They are well established and when it's not p,issing down usually have a decent crowd listening.

For some time they have had a lad mixing with the crowd selling band CDs and gig tickets. But this guy has suddenly left for Ireland so they now need someone else. Must like funk/pop/rock, be personable, non-drug user and of proven honesty. Can be hard work but fun.

I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask........

PM urgently if you can help.

Thanks, David
Old 08 February 2016, 07:22 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<Insert Job in Liverpool joke>

Isn't Chocolate what's his face a DJ?
Old 08 February 2016, 05:21 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

Isn't Chocolate what's his face a DJ?

Sorry you've lost me??

D
Old 08 February 2016, 05:35 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chocolateobrian(?) is his name or something like that. That's who pimmo is referring too. As he's a DJ and into all that, he may know someone/have contacts who is looking for that sort of work on the side.
Old 09 February 2016, 07:20 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Chocolateobrian(?) is his name or something like that. That's who pimmo is referring too. As he's a DJ and into all that, he may know someone/have contacts who is looking for that sort of work on the side.

That's the chap
Old 09 February 2016, 09:26 AM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Havn`t seen him on here for a while.
Old 09 February 2016, 01:27 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

But the job David is promoting is of a bottler. Chocolate O'Brian is a Dance-n-Trance DJ and performs with his DJ skills. I don't think he'll be interested unless he was under 25, still unsure what he'd do with his passion for music and still hoping to get somewhere.

Just my view, anyway. I think FB, being a vast and a diverse pool, will fetch more interest for something like that.
Old 09 February 2016, 01:40 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Swati,I think the reference to Chocolate DJ what's his face was that he might know someone who would take on this role and not for him to do the job?
Maybe I'm wrong?

Edit: only just realised why you were called Swati
Nice to learn a new word

Last edited by ossett2k2; 09 February 2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09 February 2016, 01:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Swati,I think the reference to Chocolate DJ what's his face was that he might know someone who would take on this role and not for him to do the job?
Maybe I'm wrong?
Valid point, Ossett2k2. I think COB performs quite a bit in North-West, so he may know someone or some that may be interested.

Edit: only just realised why you were called Swati
Nice to learn a new word
Yes, Swati is my name, Ossett2k2. Yes, it is a new word to many, but not so uncommon any more among the Indians from India. Sorry, I don't know your real name, so I just refer you as Ossett2k2. I still don't think you're a robot, though.
Old 09 February 2016, 02:52 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Ahh!
What a lovely name Swati.
To my embracement I didn't realise it was your real name
I had read several meaning to the name Swati:
Swati is a strong advocate of women's rights in a society where there is significant male domination.( not many lady's on Snet)

But I preferred this meaning:
She is hilarious and charismatic, a little sheltered but don't mistake her for innocent.
She is exotic and beautiful, dry motivated with a drive.

Please accept my apologies for being a dumb ***!

Richard(part robot)
Old 09 February 2016, 03:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Ahh!
What a lovely name Swati.
To my embracement I didn't realise it was your real name
I had read several meaning to the name Swati:
Swati is a strong advocate of women's rights in a society where there is significant male domination.( not many lady's on Snet)

But I preferred this meaning:
She is hilarious and charismatic, a little sheltered but don't mistake her for innocent.
She is exotic and beautiful, dry motivated with a drive.

Please accept my apologies for being a dumb ***!

Richard(part robot)
Aw thank you, Richard, you part robot.

I had no idea of these interpretations (as in your post) for the word/name 'Swati'.

I am aware of an authentic interpretation that I would describe below. My teachers, learned mahatmas/yogis and my parents echoed similar interpretation- based upon what's written in the ancient Vedas. My curious childhood conversations with them about it went a bit like that:

Me: What does my name mean?

Them: Swati is a 'nakshatra'. Nakshatra means a planet that looks like a star from where we're standing. This way, to simply put, Swati is one of the stars up in the sky.

Me: Ok, but does it have any purpose or a meaning?

Them: Swati Nakshatra has its significance in terms of releasing a very rare, life giving rain to this earth.

Me: What do you mean by this 'life giving rain'?

Them: Well, the rain is so precious that it only falls on this earth every 200 years.

Me: Ok, so what.

Them: Among that precious rain hides a precious droplet; the artefact/creation of that mother planet 'Swati'.

Me (a bit more interested): And?

Them: This droplet is awaited on the earth by a dying-of-thirst Chataka (a kid of bird) that has been longing for that drop for all those 200 years, and won't drink anything else but that precious drop, to quench its thirst. If Chataka doesn't receive that droplet, it will die. Then there's a mighty snake whose mouth will turn this precious droplet into its venom and there's a sea shall whose inviting mouth will capture it and eventually turn it into a precious pearl.

Me: Hm, hm.

Them: Well, what Swati would you like to be? Would you like your creation to satisfy Chataka the thirsty bird, or the snake or would you like to turn into a precious pearl?

Me: I would like to satisfy the thirsty bird.

Them: Why? Don't you want to be the powerful venom of the snake that can destruct any living being on this earth or how about becoming a precious pearl that could gloriously be embedded in some emperor as long as the world goes on?

Me: No. Not interested. I'd rather satisfy the thirst of that bird and save its life.

My aunt was a head teacher in a secondary school. She started a school magazine for her institution and named it as 'Swati'. The artist produced sketch work also denoted the same interpretation as above. I'm currently veery occupied with my emails, but have recreated a rough sketch in a minute, in order to explain:

Name:  Swati%20Illustration.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  201.0 KB

I do apologise for a long post, but I thought -

Hey, doesn't matter.
Let's have some nitter-natter
if we have not much to do anything better
I'm here to cater
But guess what....
............See you later..............
(comes back in)
But, if you see me again in next two minutes,
Well, procrastination is another chapter.

Old 09 February 2016, 04:13 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Chataka For The Win

Swati
Old 09 February 2016, 07:00 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
But the job David is promoting is of a bottler. Chocolate O'Brian is a Dance-n-Trance DJ and performs with his DJ skills. I don't think he'll be interested unless he was under 25, still unsure what he'd do with his passion for music and still hoping to get somewhere.

Just my view, anyway. I think FB, being a vast and a diverse pool, will fetch more interest for something like that.

Bottler?

Anyway, Brian knows the scene and the people .. might have some forums etc
Old 09 February 2016, 10:55 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Bottler?
A theatrical term with its roots in the 16th century Italian Commedia dell'arte all'improvviso.

A bottler would do similar tasks as described by David for the job description of the wanted. Mr. bottler would promote/announce the show, interact with the audience and collect the money with 'proven honesty'. They should have called him a 'hatter', as instead of a bottle, he would ask for the audience donations in his hat. In 17th century, when British theatre incorporated the Commedia dell'arte influence, the bottler in the seaside Punch and Judy would make sure to keep shaking the bottle, in order to prove his honesty to the master professor puppeteer behind the stage. The bottler would not perform the main Punch and Judy, he would assist with his given duties (as described in previous lines) instead. It would be his boss i.e. Mr. master professor puppeteer behind the stage who would perform.

Anyway, Brian knows the scene and the people .. might have some forums etc
Yes, Ossett2R2 aka Richard also said that before, and for that reason, good shout and that's the way to do it!
Old 10 February 2016, 07:58 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

lol