Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

any private investors here?

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2015, 01:35 AM
scoobysteve1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any private investors here?

as title states, are there any PI's here? if so, if you don't mind saying, what shares are you invested in and what are you're goals? I'm quite new to this but find it very interesting. got money invested in a company which IMO is a long/er term investment but potentially huge rewards. or potentially not lol!
Old 17 December 2015, 08:53 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I use the Fidelity Fund platform and have a few funds I'm invested in....

Some make loads, others not so good..... hahahaha

Its generally not been a good year this year to be honest - the FTSE is a thousand points down from pretty much this point last year!
Although most of my funds are abroad (US Biotech - have been superb) & India (was good but not so much now!) but also have some UK based funds.

I quite enjoy looking after it to be honest.... it can be worrying, but also exciting if a fund is doing well.

The problem is riding it up, then riding it down again can be annoying - hahahaha
Old 17 December 2015, 09:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Santander , Centamin , various tech companies
Old 17 December 2015, 09:14 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have thought about this as savings are paying nothing and have been for a long while.

Problem is I am not a gambling man, so money is sat there doing nothing, which I hate, but would hate it more if I lost a load. My other problem would be that I know I wouldn't spend the time moving it around for the best gains, so would be a more long term lower risk approach, which again is not going to really add that much.

May take some advice, or just keep hiding it from the misses.
Old 17 December 2015, 09:51 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I am a significant but minor shareholder in a start up company. We invested a sum to help start the business, that was a number of years ago. Last year was the break through year with the company starting to make significant profits. Our investment has been repaid nearly, with a bumper payout when company is sold. The original idea was a punt/gamble with an expectation of losing it all, maybe less than 10% of success. Things look rosie at the moment
Old 18 December 2015, 03:56 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done a fair bit over the years. Bought shares from the start of the credit crunch until last year and I bought my house with the money I'd saved and gained. Worked out as a good way to save the money for me, but probably just lucky timing with the market continuously rising over the period. It's a long-term game I think. Stocks have good results over a long period of time. Maybe not worth the risk in the short term.