Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Scooby do or scooby don't?

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2015, 09:42 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby do or scooby don't?

Who has still gt a scooby that posts on here?

I have just been though my post history, I pretty much stopped posting here, until recently, back in 2007'sh when I got an Evo X, back then the forum was pretty busy and some pretty funny threads, but everyone seemed to be a Scooby owner, so just wondered.

A lot of the names that were regulars have gone, PSLewis, Kingofturds, Swisstony, sarahsquars (sp) etc. etc. although did find a post back in 2006 where I was discussing robins and blackbirds in the back garden with Alcazar, so at least he is still going strong

So, is it the owners have changed cars, got bored or no one uses the internet anymore, knew it was just a fad?

Or could be that Turbohot has opened all their xmas pressies and eaten them, causing a non-post protest
Old 11 December 2015, 09:51 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm on my 4th classic
Swisstony I've seen a bit of recently,kingofturds seen recently.
But you're right,forum has gone and still going down hill, loads of bugs,paying members getting a forum full of ads ect and the mods/admin and especially Internet Brands don't give a toss anymore.
Ahh well I might as well join SIOC,at least I can have a crack with tubby

Last edited by ossett2k2; 11 December 2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11 December 2015, 09:56 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Who has still gt a scooby that posts on here?

I have just been though my post history, I pretty much stopped posting here, until recently, back in 2007'sh when I got an Evo X, back then the forum was pretty busy and some pretty funny threads, but everyone seemed to be a Scooby owner, so just wondered.

A lot of the names that were regulars have gone, PSLewis, Kingofturds, Swisstony, sarahsquars (sp) etc. etc. although did find a post back in 2006 where I was discussing robins and blackbirds in the back garden with Alcazar, so at least he is still going strong

So, is it the owners have changed cars, got bored or no one uses the internet anymore, knew it was just a fad?

Or could be that Turbohot has opened all their xmas pressies and eaten them, causing a non-post protest

There was a cleansing that took place here, I think, in 2007. Quite a few muppets got banned and some left on their own accord.

PS Lewis did post about a coupe of months back, but he's not as active as before. SwissTony posts only occasionally. His Christmas Lights thread in on the front page on NSR, currently. Sarasquares and a lot of missing ones can be found of Facebook.

Regarding owning a Scooby each, I believe a lot of people have got other cars, now. I sold mine in 2011. have a VW Passat TDI for a while, now.

Good to see you're back, though.

Last edited by Turbohot; 11 December 2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11 December 2015, 10:32 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Had a lot of fun in fight club way back when I was a full member, but when it spilled over, in good fun mostly, a few got a ban, rightly so in some cases.

I change from Scooby when they went the hot hatch route, just wasn't practical for me anymore so got the Evo X, and at the moment have an S5, but still smile when I hear the flat four, still the best fun car I have ever had.

Met some great people, am still just in touch with one, should make more effort but if you have seen my previous posts I tend not to, but think I shouldl.

Guess we all getting older, looking back at some of the old posts tonight was 9 years ago, lot happening in that time, jeez I am 45 now and should have grown up, but still waiting for that to happen

Don't do much social internet stuff, don't do Facebook or Twitter never have, just had a little time on my hands so had a look back on here.
Old 11 December 2015, 11:34 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Still got my bag o's4ite, garaged it a year ago as my wife bought her first ever car and I coveted it.

She sold my dream car as she hated it so I've got he WRX back on the road.
Old 11 December 2015, 11:55 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still here - not planning to leave

......and now the edit to answer the question

Haven't had a Scoob since 2007 and probably can't see myself having another. Many of the things I love about my 330, Subaru don't offer

Last edited by Brun; 12 December 2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12 December 2015, 12:23 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Had a lot of fun in fight club way back when I was a full member, but when it spilled over, in good fun mostly, a few got a ban, rightly so in some cases.

I change from Scooby when they went the hot hatch route, just wasn't practical for me anymore so got the Evo X, and at the moment have an S5, but still smile when I hear the flat four, still the best fun car I have ever had. Met some great people, am still just in touch with one, should make more effort but if you have seen my previous posts I tend not to, but think I shouldl. Guess we all getting older, looking back at some of the old posts tonight was 9 years ago, lot happening in that time, jeez I am 45 now and should have grown up, but still waiting for that to happen

Don't do much social internet stuff, don't do Facebook or Twitter never have, just had a little time on my hands so had a look back on here.
S5? Nice. And yes, those were the days when more people were more interactive here on SN and wanted to acknowledge their cyber pals' real being face-to-face as well. I think having the same make of car was a damn good excuse for it, then. One of the things that used to make me smile was that to me, no car was much different to the other one; at least to look at, but people used to make such big deal of one another's car by inspecting it for a long time and admiring it. Scooby was in fashion, then.

I don't go elsewhere for this cyber-communication either, so I just wish for the good old ones out there to be hale n' hearty, along with Merry Christmas.
Old 12 December 2015, 04:47 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no, I moved to a oil burning rep mobile
Old 12 December 2015, 05:23 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Not had a Scoob in years!
Left classics to go to an Audi S5 Avant. Then a Golf GTi (mk5). Now running a Porsche 996. Even WifeyDoo now has an Insignia Estate.

Still love the sound of a ScoobySport, but I'd never own one again. Not after going German. Sorry.
Old 12 December 2015, 06:28 PM
GWJ
Scooby Regular

Never had a Scoob, landed here when we had Connor's day which I attended. Kinda hung around ever since
Old 12 December 2015, 07:25 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Saw someone in a Scooby today, ( impreza )
Old 12 December 2015, 10:20 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've still got one, had my first one 4 years and wrote it off, I've had this one for 3 years.

I drive a van for work and still smile when I start the scooby up on a weekend
Old 12 December 2015, 11:18 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Saw someone in a Scooby today, ( impreza )

Did you give a warm wave to the scooby driver from your Mondeo, or did you just flash your headlights, to give him/her some credit? Or did you do none of that, due to the fear of being called a strange Forder?
Old 13 December 2015, 08:18 AM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

I sold mine a couple of months ago and bought a narrowboat!

If you think Scooby parts are expensive, try adding 'marine' to anything you care to buy.
Old 13 December 2015, 09:45 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Nope, but I drove one earlier in the week and liked it....does that count? It was a chocolate engine model so I wouldn't dare own a modern UK market model

That, and a hatch/wagon suits my needs better. The new Levorg looks nice...only available with a CVT gearbox though. Awful gearbox for anyone who likes to drive a car.

Last edited by ALi-B; 13 December 2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 13 December 2015, 10:14 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Did you give a warm wave to the scooby driver from your Mondeo, or did you just flash your headlights, to give him/her some credit? Or did you do none of that, due to the fear of being called a strange Forder?
Passed him as he was about to join our road , like mine silver but probably not sti and now 20 years old , when we got to dual carriage way I indicated to overtake slow moving and , predictably , at the last moment I had to turn back cos there was mr Scooby about to boot it up the road
Old 13 December 2015, 10:22 AM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Sold my last scoob quite a while ago, owned 3.
Since I've had a E46 M3(sh1te lol) an rs focus an evo and now got a R33 GTR.
Don't post as much as I used to but always ever been on the non scoobies related forum any ways lol
Old 13 December 2015, 01:12 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I changed my scooby to an Audi (Quattro)

The build quality and interior are superior, obviously

The Audi is a nice place to be

But my main reason for selling was fuel prices - I would go back in a heart beat if I thought petrol prices would stay low (maybe the will)

I loved driving the scooby, loved the sound and loved the view of the scoop over the bonnet
Old 13 December 2015, 02:35 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Similar to Hodgy really when I got 60 miles from £20 then it was time to move on. I'd love another low mileage classic but only if fuel was guaranteed at the current 99ppl. Drive a Pathfinder and Corsa VXR now.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 13 December 2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 13 December 2015, 02:43 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
.......but I'd never own one again. Not after going German. Sorry.
Subaru can't beat German built and reliability quality.

It wasn't the first time I went German. I was German previously, and remained one during the duration of owning scooby , but I wanted to add Japanese thrill to my hold-all. After driving scoob for so long, it was clear to me that the flat4 engine alone didn't suffice, nor did the boy racer, attention seeking look of the car. I preferred comfort, space and class to my drive. I nearly bought an Audi again to replace Subaru, but I needed bigger than a quattro's boot for my work. So, I settled for Passat for less money and more space.

Like you, I won't buy another scooby again.
Old 13 December 2015, 03:05 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Passed him as he was about to join our road , like mine silver but probably not sti and now 20 years old , when we got to dual carriage way I indicated to overtake slow moving and , predictably , at the last moment I had to turn back cos there was mr Scooby about to boot it up the road

Typical, isn't it.

No disrespect and no intention to stereotype our good scooby owners here at all, but in all honesty, scoob has gone quite chavvy since people started to disown theirs, due to petrol price hike a few years ago. Anyone can own a second-hand one, now. We had had one or two new scooby owner trolls here who talked through their backside, and believed that they were more authentic for the site than decent non-scooby owners here.

I seem to be correlating the lack of money to chavness. Please forgive me for that. I do not believe that every poor person is a chav- not at all. Financial destitution can be responsible for chavvery, but good ones do hold on to their good standards for social interaction and many other things. For me, give me a decent push biker to interact with anytime than a half witted chav or a chavette with a Ferrari.
Old 13 December 2015, 08:02 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I'm back with a scoob again

Went from my N/A 2.0 Impreza wagon to a Spanish 1.9 Tdi Smog monster, due to the scoob being written off !

Then went back to another Saab, again soot burning but with a few more ponys lol

And 2 years ago came back to a Subaru

Again an N/A wagon model but with the addition of 2 extra cylinders

Makes for fun, away from the lights lol

Mart
Old 13 December 2015, 08:06 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold mine about 3 years ago, still post on here, but not as much as I used to.
Old 13 December 2015, 09:57 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

So am I the only one who is still driving the same car they bought in 2005 when I joined this place??
Old 13 December 2015, 10:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
So am I the only one who is still driving the same car they bought in 2005 when I joined this place??
Oh, wow! That's called loyalty! Good on you, TT!

I think there must be a good few peeps on SN massive that keep buying scoob; one after another. I know at least two from here who had scoobs, sold them, got something different and now they've gone back to owning scoobs again. But yours still seems to be a record loyalty; not just to the make but also to the very same car.
Old 14 December 2015, 01:56 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I think Facebook killed off a lot of Forums - I'm a member of a classic car club/forum that is on its knees now due to the Facebook page being easier to post on and add pics from a phone, and now having way more traffic.

It becomes inevitable as more people post on the facebook page that the forum becomes quieter and quieter, so more people start to use the facebook page and it becomes a self fulfulling prophecy in the end.

The only trouble is with it being on facebook you get some right bellends on there spouting complete bollocks, or just picking a fight as they are not club members....

The Facebook page ruined a fantastic forum full of helpful & knowledgeable people, but the genie is out of the bottle and can't be put back in...
Old 14 December 2015, 02:54 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes and you still get annoying adverts plastered all over fb but you don't have to pay for the privilege
Old 14 December 2015, 03:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

im still here

tbh i think the number of owners has dropped off even with the FB groups
Old 14 December 2015, 05:20 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I am still on my first Classic MY00, had it 15.5 years now and it is still going but looking a bit rough round the edges.
Old 14 December 2015, 05:40 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Guess Wurzel and me are the only two that followed the "special" Subaru oil change procedure that has kept our classics running all this time!

Quick Reply: Scooby do or scooby don't?