Disneyland Paris

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2015, 02:34 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disneyland Paris

Hi folks

Had a look on spending 3 nights here in Feb. Went on the official site and the whole package was coming out at about £1600 for myself, my wife and my 10 year old daughter.

Had a little play around with various travel options, but staying in the hotel that looks suitable and the same on the Disney site and came to the following

£220 Flights Heathrow to CDG - good flight times
£300 Hotel inc Breakfast
£90 Return transfer from CDG to Hotel
£334 two day pass for the 3 of us

So by booking all elements separately I can save about £650.

Has any one been? Got any hotel recommendations? Must do's/don'ts?

Any help appreciated!
Old 21 October 2015, 04:17 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't do it, it will be f'ing freezing in February as well.
Old 21 October 2015, 05:54 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I looked at going to Disneyland Paris a few years ago and I think I looked at one of their top park hotels and it came in at £1400 for the three of us and I still had to get there.

I checked out the price of proper Disneyland and I booked that as it cost me £2100 with car hire for 11 days for 3 so I thought it was a no brainer on which one to pick.
Old 21 October 2015, 07:30 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
Don't do it, it will be f'ing freezing in February as well.
And full of French....
Old 21 October 2015, 08:48 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and the wife went with our 2 little girls (4 and 5) in July pissed down for 2 days solid. Stopped in the Disney hotel which ain't cheap and would you believe my 5 year old found a rotten apple under the bed! To be fair they bent over backwards for us Teddys for kids and all that. Would go again but you do have to be prepared for rain simples.
Old 22 October 2015, 11:02 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went in the Summer (4 kids between 8 and 14). Stayed at a non Disney hotel - Kyriad; these are so much cheaper, we were in the parks when they opened and got chucked out at 11pm, so didn't see the need for an expensive Disney hotel. May be different if you have younger kids and spend more time in the hotel and want the character breakfast. There is a regular free shuttle bus to the parks from the hotel and even some to the airports. Hotel was perfectly acceptable.

We also purchased our park tickets within France (in advance). I saw a news article in the early Summer about how Disney were ripping off UK citizens, they spouted some corporate bull about exchange rate and other factors. But as Euro citizens we are perfectly entitled to buy from a local France source. Saved over £120 (well it was summer holidays - peak season, you may not save as much outside that time).

To be honest I found the parks a little tired. For sure Disney knows how to put on a good show, but there were little issues all over the place, while they didn't spoil the overall enjoyment, you think of Disney as being this false perfectly built fantasy world, when in reality some basic maintenance is needed. I know lush green paint fades to a dirty green/grey, they have drains and what some of the walls are made of now.

It was peak season, so may be different in Feb, but you needed to go to all the big rides first otherwise the fast passes ran out around lunch and anything after that required you to join the long queues as they issued no more.

Disney Studio's was better for our group as older kids liked more of the rides there.