Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What a lovely day!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2015, 01:23 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a lovely day!!! :)

Really hot and sunny here in North Wales. Just as well I woke up by mid day or I would have missed it.

Are you lot enjoying it?
Old 08 August 2015, 01:32 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Oh, crumbs! My iPad crashed in the sun due to excessive (???) heat. It said 'Your iPad need to cool down before you can use it'

Great! That's a no-no for iPad to take to sunny countries, whereas nearly everyone is p7ssing about on their Samsung Galaxy tabs in India, in broad day light. I am disappointed.

Anyway, how's it going for you guys and random girls here, if any? Are you enjoying the weather?
Old 08 August 2015, 01:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Christ, you all seem to be out! Even our resident waffler dpb is out, surfing or something. I think I need to get out a bit more, meself. <nods>

Have a good day in a scorcher, you lot.
Old 08 August 2015, 01:59 PM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

Just enjoying a drive around bromsgrove droit an worcester not many scoobs out today
Old 08 August 2015, 02:45 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by perkyjester
Just enjoying a drive around bromsgrove droit an worcester not many scoobs out today

Nice, Good day for a drive!

I've had a boring Passat for a while now, so driving around isn't the same for me, unless I'm thrapping it in a straight line on the motorway. It does do warped speed then, and feels like an Airbus 300; unlike The exciting Impreza Turbo's F16 like feel. I don't really regret not having Impreza any longer, but I do think about it, sometimes.
Old 08 August 2015, 03:12 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Tis indeed good. Sat in the garden with mum and dad (I don't come home that often but thought I would this weekend due to the weather) sipping on a desperados. I do love this country.
Old 08 August 2015, 04:10 PM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

Thinking about a little drive out tommorow not dure on destination any recocomendations possible meets ?
Old 08 August 2015, 04:19 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Lovely day to be spent working

Over-running from yesterday, call outs, work coming in that wasn't booked, and booked in work taking longer than it should have...I was going have a further moan on the details, but why drag it out?

Now I have to go to Go-outdoors to return some shoes that are downright uncomfy due to the way some Chinese sweatshop stitcher has gathered he fabric right where I have a sensitive pressure point on my feet. I should add I use hiking/walking shoes for work as 99% of dedicated work shoes just aren't made right for being on my feet all day and if they are, they fall apart from crap quality glue/materials or become very uncomfy very quicky because of poor quality foam/cushioning that breaks down after a bit of use.

To think a pair of discounted £30 Nike Zooms have both outlasted and remained comfy than a anything made by Merrell or Scarpa costing five times more!!

Sorry I'm ranting....feet are hurting, poorly feet make for a grumpy AL.
Old 08 August 2015, 07:36 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

I've just got back from bruntingthorpe.....******* red hot
Cracking day though
Old 08 August 2015, 09:23 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Tis indeed good. Sat in the garden with mum and dad (I don't come home that often but thought I would this weekend due to the weather) sipping on a desperados. I do love this country.
Nice.

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Lovely day to be spent working

Over-running from yesterday, call outs, work coming in that wasn't booked, and booked in work taking longer than it should have...I was going have a further moan on the details, but why drag it out?

Now I have to go to Go-outdoors to return some shoes that are downright uncomfy due to the way some Chinese sweatshop stitcher has gathered he fabric right where I have a sensitive pressure point on my feet. I should add I use hiking/walking shoes for work as 99% of dedicated work shoes just aren't made right for being on my feet all day and if they are, they fall apart from crap quality glue/materials or become very uncomfy very quicky because of poor quality foam/cushioning that breaks down after a bit of use.

To think a pair of discounted £30 Nike Zooms have both outlasted and remained comfy than a anything made by Merrell or Scarpa costing five times more!!

Sorry I'm ranting....feet are hurting, poorly feet make for a grumpy AL.
Shame you were w**king, Alexander.

On top of it, nothing worse than having to be in uncomfortable shoes. I don't know how those drunken lasses out of Chester races manage in their mega high heel shoes, you know. They fall all over the place and cackle like hell. I like their Oscar style garments, but shoes and high pitch cackling? No. Not at all.

Originally Posted by perkyjester
Thinking about a little drive out tommorow not dure on destination any recocomendations possible meets ?
Dunno but 'Regional' section may show up something for tomorrow.

Originally Posted by donny andi
I've just got back from bruntingthorpe.....******* red hot
Cracking day though
Yes, and what a pleasant evening it is! I wish for tomorrow to be like today.
Old 08 August 2015, 09:32 PM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Been all over kent today visiting friends and my brother. Started in Gravesend, went to Dover, down to Folkestone, then Canterbury, back to Folkestone and just got back to Gravesend. Had a beer in the sun, did some clothes shopping and arranged travel time with some of my mates for the football tomorrow.

Need a beer and a good rest after all that!
Old 08 August 2015, 10:31 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lillyart14
Been all over kent today visiting friends and my brother. Started in Gravesend, went to Dover, down to Folkestone, then Canterbury, back to Folkestone and just got back to Gravesend. Had a beer in the sun, did some clothes shopping and arranged travel time with some of my mates for the football tomorrow.

Need a beer and a good rest after all that!
Well, either that or this>

Enjoy the evening.
Old 08 August 2015, 10:44 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to Warwick castle today with the partner .
Old 08 August 2015, 11:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Went to Warwick castle today with the partner .

Nice! Hope you two enjoyed your castle visit in this beautiful weather. Bet you two ate an ice cream each somewhere. It was a right weather for it.

I preferred to just sit in my garden all day with my cats rolling about on the floor and bathing in sun rays, while I painted a canvass without literally uttering a word to any soul. Really enjoyed it.
Old 09 August 2015, 07:03 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Had a good day yesterday went to look a my probable next car, then we travelled across to Rutland water to cycle round part of it for tea at one of the pubs. It's the slowest 6 miles I have ever cycled, but it was entertaining. Then I and the older lad whizzed back around the remaining loop tp collect car a tired mum and younger child

Now out for club cycle in 30 mins Sunday lunch awaits on return.

Last edited by andy97; 09 August 2015 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09 August 2015, 01:15 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Nice! Hope you two enjoyed your castle visit in this beautiful weather. Bet you two ate an ice cream each somewhere. It was a right weather for it.

I preferred to just sit in my garden all day with my cats rolling about on the floor and bathing in sun rays, while I painted a canvass without literally uttering a word to any soul. Really enjoyed it.
Queued for 10 minutes for an ice cream it did go down well though.
Old 09 August 2015, 01:27 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

How odd: the decent weather has migrated north, we had storms in the Limousin area of France Friday night, then rain all day yesterday and so far, all day today...it's put 150mm of water in my wheelbarrow.

Fair tomorrow and Tuesday, then back to storms Weds/Thur.
Old 09 August 2015, 02:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default took afternoon off ..

That was what was on stereo , at the time..

And on 40 quid phone
Old 09 August 2015, 02:47 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
Had a good day yesterday went to look a my probable next car, then we travelled across to Rutland water to cycle round part of it for tea at one of the pubs. It's the slowest 6 miles I have ever cycled, but it was entertaining. Then I and the older lad whizzed back around the remaining loop tp collect car a tired mum and younger child

Now out for club cycle in 30 mins Sunday lunch awaits on return.
Good one, Andy. enjoy it.

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Queued for 10 minutes for an ice cream it did go down well though.
Much more enjoyable when you have to wait for it.

We've just been to Dyserth Falls today. Only a little thing but somehow it has hooked me since I discovered it first. Anyway, we stopped by at a garden centre and bought local Welsh dairy ice cream. It was really nice, but as its a bit breezy here today, it would have been more enjoyable yesterday.

Originally Posted by alcazar
How odd: the decent weather has migrated north, we had storms in the Limousin area of France Friday night, then rain all day yesterday and so far, all day today...it's put 150mm of water in my wheelbarrow.

Fair tomorrow and Tuesday, then back to storms Weds/Thur.
Cloudy and very breezy here today. I think it's gonna p7ss down any moment now. It did rain last night, however, it remains warm enough to leave the doors and windows open. The sense freedom is unbelievable with that! :notworty
Old 09 August 2015, 02:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Saturday afternoon - YouTube

And on 40 quid phone

Nice one, but playing YouTube music vids isn't a problem on Apple devices, you nugget! I'm always listening and watching them on my Apple gizmos. It's when quite a few of the YouTube vids are together on one thread, the page refuses to load and crashes. Still very disappointing, I know.

Top tune btw. I love reggae.

I was listening to 'Sun is Shining, weather is sweet' by Bob yesterday. Today, I should be playing - 'why it always rains on me?' by Travis.
Old 09 August 2015, 02:58 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Saturday afternoon - YouTube

And on 40 quid phone

So cool. Lucky sod. Could feel a Jaws moment coming on though. Lol
Old 09 August 2015, 04:53 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Haha , he's down there some where for sure.

Bit more wind today
Old 09 August 2015, 05:17 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Actually, it brightened up here straight after my last post, and remains that way so far. Son's meeting up for Chinese in the town. We will sit outside in the open air bit, it should be fun. Happy days!
Old 09 August 2015, 06:18 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Must be the busiest I've ever seen it at Camber today. We left the beach after 3 and there must have been two miles of traffic queuing to get in still, unreal. I guess it's due to the weather forecast, ie crap from tomorrow. Everyone thought they'd get the sun in!
Old 09 August 2015, 06:52 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Very busy this stretch sussex coast snap with the cars .

Glad you got some sunshine Swati , at last
Old 09 August 2015, 08:07 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

What I find pretty disgusting is Rother council charging £12 for car parking! Last couple of times I've parked in a pub for a fiver. Just think it takes the mick somewhat.
Old 09 August 2015, 08:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

That's a lot !
Iv heard this by another route , boards forum (windsurfing) , somehow they manage to avoid the fees , maybe cos its mainly winter activity perhaps or something
Old 12 August 2015, 12:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Another very fantastic day with sun and heat here!

My car was baking hot this morning when I got in it. AC is useful at warm times like this.

Enjoy it, folks.
Old 12 August 2015, 12:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

You don't need a/c here ! Overcast scarf coast

We bought a mk1 golf in S.A. for our trip to Zim ( Matabeleland ) in October , no a/c , that will be proper sweat bucket !

Last edited by dpb; 12 August 2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12 August 2015, 12:16 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
You don't need a/c here ! Overcast scarf coast

We bought a mk1 golf in S.A. for our trip to Zim in October , no a/c , that will be proper sweat bucket !
Well in Africa I have no choice. In Caribbean there's no need for it. But in Indian heat, AC is a bliss. Here, AC helps when leather seats burn your butt.

Quick Reply: What a lovely day!!! :)