Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Damn Joggers - lunatics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2015, 02:49 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Joggers - lunatics!!!

Joggers - why do you put on brightly coloured clothing to improve your visibility to others, then proceed to stick earphones in your ears to impair your sense of hearing and don sun glasses on a not particularly bright morning before taking a running route which requires you to cross a side street about every 50 metres when there are perfecly good and safe parkland areas nearby!

I had a close enocunter with a very angry female specimen on Saturday, and saw two others have a very near miss on Sunday. I thought she was offering me a fight, having heard 'get out of the f**king car', my wife heard 'get out of my f**king way!!!' - and what is the deal with female joggers applying makeup before going for a run?!?!? what is the point?!?!?!

Last edited by tarmac terror; 08 June 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08 June 2015, 03:02 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Clothing is for "look at me" dark sunglasses to hide the blood shot eyes from half mile jogging, makeup to disguise the crimson coloured cheeks just before they vom.
Old 08 June 2015, 03:06 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

It's not just female joggers. Ok, male joggers don't usually wear make up, but their iPods should be smashed to bits. I had a very indecisive 'deafened by music' male jogger appear in my stealth VW way the other day. He couldn't keep himself to the footpath bit, the idiot! And of course, my VW doesn't have Magnex exhaust like my old scoob, so he couldn't hear it over his sh7te he was dissociated with. I had to brake hard and stop! He had bright Lycra shorts on, which is none of my business to object on, but he could have been easily run over by me, due to his own self-destructive choice for his sensory pleasure while self-punishing his body with a jog. Anyway, he did take the earplugs out of his sweaty ears, said sorry to me instead of effing and blinding at me, or I would have said something derogatory about his shorts; just to retaliate.
Old 08 June 2015, 03:46 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I run and ride a lot; I have never worn headphones and never will.
Bloody idiotic thing to do.

I like the sound of nature more anyway.
Old 08 June 2015, 04:16 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
I run and ride a lot; I have never worn headphones and never will.
Bloody idiotic thing to do.

I like the sound of nature more anyway.
You are sensible and a nature junkie.

Good man.
Old 08 June 2015, 04:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I was out on my bike on a shared cycle path. I couldn't believe I came up behind two runners running 2 abreast holding primary position presumabley for 'safety'. The path was clear a head, but the outside runner did not want to pull in behind/in front of the other runner to allow me to overtake. I rang my bell to signal to them that I wanted to overtake, but they just slowed down a little more and started gesticulating with their hand and shouted back that they have every right to run here. A queue of cyclists started to build up behind too, the sheer audacity!! A 100 yards further, I eventually went onto the road to overtake them and held up all the motorists in frustration! Those spandex clad runners should be taxed to use the shared cyclepaths and made to buy insurance!!