Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ashamed to be human

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2015, 09:58 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ashamed to be human

This is the last remaining male norther white rhino on this planet. It paints a very sad and lonely existence brought about by people's greed and stupidity, a magnificent animal disfigured in order to keep it alive and under constant guard from poachers. I fear it is too little too late as now it may be too old to reproduce with the last two remainig females.

http://mashable.com/2015/03/31/range...-white-rhinos/
Old 13 May 2015, 10:07 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

stay away from twitter, there seems a rush of mainly Yanks who are on the hunting spree,
Tigers, giraffes and Rhino`s, it is just sick that they get a kick out of it.
Old 13 May 2015, 10:19 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely disgusting.

I saw something a few weeks ago about a "famous" female hunter who was recorded hunting Lions with a bow and arrow. She killed a male Lion and her reasoning is because she likes to live life on the edge/to the max and that you only live once . There are hundreds of other things you could be doing if you are after an adrenalin kick, not hunting endangered or magnificent animals where numbers are forever decreasing .
Old 13 May 2015, 10:29 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Absolutely disgusting.

I saw something a few weeks ago about a "famous" female hunter who was recorded hunting Lions with a bow and arrow. She killed a male Lion and her reasoning is because she likes to live life on the edge/to the max and that you only live once . There are hundreds of other things you could be doing if you are after an adrenalin kick, not hunting endangered or magnificent animals where numbers are forever decreasing .
Maybe she should become the prey and let fellow hunters chase her, test her skills. .
Old 13 May 2015, 10:34 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's almost unbelievable that, with all our learned wisdom as a species, we can be talking about the extiction of fellow inhabitants of this planet by our hand in the 21st century. We act quickly enough to defend our paltry religious beliefs by eliminating the 'unbelievers', yet we can't raise an appropriate response to save innocent victims of our collective greed.
Truly shameful.
Old 13 May 2015, 12:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its not the trophy hunters , its the ********* Chinese etc , who provide the market to off these beasts . We were taken to see some in Zambia - under constant armed guard day and night
Old 13 May 2015, 12:34 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Absolutely disgusting.

She killed a giraffe and posed with the dead animal. She justified the killing as a way to support a community as the animal provided food for them. Ricky Gervais posted on Twitter "What must've happened to you in your life to make you want to kill a beautiful animal & then lie next to it smiling?" For the community my f***ing ****!!

Trending Topics

Old 13 May 2015, 12:40 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Its not the trophy hunters , its the ********* Chinese etc , who provide the market to off these beasts . We were taken to see some in Zambia - under constant armed guard day and night
You are right, it is east Asian countries that prize the rhino horn which can fetch up to $75,000 per kg for the poachers. They believe rhino horn can provide cures to all things from flu to cancer, it's just compacted mass of hair. I can't believe people believe this ****!!
Old 13 May 2015, 01:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Not helped by people like Mugabe who influence lower down ministers and customs to let certain Chinese take out what ever they want
Old 13 May 2015, 01:42 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

1 is not enough to make a stable gene pool, too much interbreeding will kill them off in a few generations now no mater what.
Old 13 May 2015, 01:46 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
She killed a giraffe and posed with the dead animal. She justified the killing as a way to support a community as the animal provided food for them. Ricky Gervais posted on Twitter "What must've happened to you in your life to make you want to kill a beautiful animal & then lie next to it smiling?" For the community my f***ing ****!!
Yep that's the woman who I'm referring too. I also saw a clip of her killing a lion with a bow and arrow as well. No doubt she goes after all sorts of other exotic animals which CAN NOT be justified other than for her adrenalin kick.
Old 13 May 2015, 01:56 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Yep that's the woman who I'm referring too. I also saw a clip of her killing a lion with a bow and arrow as well. No doubt she goes after all sorts of other exotic animals which CAN NOT be justified other than for her adrenalin kick.
Fraid to say but what she says is true, legal hunting (they are bred to be hunted in game parks, not wild animals) is the biggest source of funding for conservation. It's a noted problem even in america where hunter numbers are declining, let alone Africa.

People talk big on species preservation, but when it comes to getting there wallets out it just doesn't cut it.
Old 13 May 2015, 01:58 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Well a company is about to produce 3d printed rhino horns made from bio-engineered keratin which will hopefully satisfy demand and make poaching unprofitable
Old 13 May 2015, 01:59 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Fraid to say but what she says is true, legal hunting (they are bred to be hunted in game parks, not wild animals) is the biggest source of funding for conservation. It's a noted problem even in america where hunter numbers are declining, let alone Africa.

People talk big on species preservation, but when it comes to getting there wallets out it just doesn't cut it.
Exactly. A large amount of conservation in funded by organised hunts
Old 13 May 2015, 02:03 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Well a company is about to produce 3d printed rhino horns made from bio-engineered keratin which will hopefully satisfy demand and make poaching unprofitable
afraid not true, display items maybe, but mainly poached horns are used in china for medicinal reasons, replica's wont stop that side of it
Old 13 May 2015, 02:29 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

afraid not true, display items maybe, but mainly poached horns are used in china for medicinal reasons, replica's wont stop that side of it
45% of buyers would be happy with it... http://www.popsci.com/can-3d-printed...-stop-poachers
Old 13 May 2015, 02:32 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
45% of buyers would be happy with it... http://www.popsci.com/can-3d-printed...-stop-poachers
Projected sales figures though so i expect take up wouldn't actualy be as strong
Old 13 May 2015, 02:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

It would need to completely flood the market ??? As far as I can see

A sea change in Chinese cultural medicines is what's needed
Old 13 May 2015, 02:36 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
It would need to completely flood the market ??? As far as I can see

A sea change in Chinese cultural medicines is what's needed
not just china, widley used in vietnam as well
Old 13 May 2015, 07:32 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Very sad
Old 15 May 2015, 01:27 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

This angers me so much. I have always been a big animal lover and always feel I have more of a connection with them than humans.

In fact my life this last year has taken a turn for the worst having lost my job and unable to find another that I am seriously considering leaving my life in the sleepy village and going to do some good helping out at charities helping endangered animals.
Old 15 May 2015, 01:40 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

That's not the story I read surround her kill. It was that same story about feeding the locals, giraffe was old on its last legs bla bla. So they could not kill a giraffe for themselves even though you managed with just a bow? And why then pose next to the dead body grinning rather than a picture feeding the locals? Because she is talking bo**ocks.
Old 15 May 2015, 01:41 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

How come they don't move this white rhino to a zoo if its that precious? Maybe not possible due to its age?